Housing benefits variations random at best, but fixed salary / income

nexxusone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2521 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

How to fight / complain about a council Norwich city council / Norfolk county council (both names on letters) that you believe are idiots and or committing fraud

Actually in credit (£35) with rent account and council tax as we pay shortfall ourselves... but I'm a carer for 1 of 2 of my autistic daughters and my missus works for fixed salary with no chance of overtime ever.. so you'd think h/b and c/t benefit would be fixed.

Not a chance when missus worked 5 days a week we got around £10 per week h/b, now same job but 3 days only, as original job holder has come back from maternity. we got just £1.10 a week ... no sense or reason. Asked for written explanation from council, both verbal over counter and via telephone, 6-8 weeks later no response.

we have done and have receipt for change of circumstances from November ( 5 to 3 days work ) from council. now April time and suddenly we got a letter from housing officer with projected housing benefit from council (not the council ) saying they would be paying £55 1 month, £97 the next month and then £45 the month after that.... problem is we have a paper debt of £538 rent arrears.

This I sorted myself and it's purely a computer error from projected h/b to actual h/b received (i.e council say gonna pay £100 but only pay £40 so a -£60 debt occurs on paper but not in account as we pay short fall)

I've done the letter requesting a detailed written breakdown of all housing benefit since claim beginning - ignored ( 6- 8 weeks now) asked for a review of it - nothing but recalculates showing different amounts every week! ( just the standard letter -no explanation )

I've phoned and read from council letter saying please ask for a detailed breakdown made very clear this was what I was asking for - the response was I can only print off letters you have already received !!

how do I fight someone who basically knows its wrong but wont admit it? who is the person to complain to in charge of h/b or higher?

would SAR's and / or L.B.A ? be next step?

Hi, All councils have a senior who understands the breakdowns of housing benefit but the only way to get them involved is to make a formal complaint. Most councils have two or three stages of complaint and I can fairly say that stage one will be rejected.

That is what I would do.

Yes, send them a SAR but that will get you back your letters and change of circumstance forms as well as the benefit letters which are gibberish to anyone with a high IQ. What you need are the account history notes from their computers. Once you have them, you may be able to work out what cock up they have made.

Afetr the first stage rejection (which I expect) find out who the Chief Executive of the council is and write/email him/her. This will probably be intercepted by the secretary so if you send a letter, write 'Private and Confidential' on it. Email is not so easy to get to the top.

Only after going through all of the stages and been rejected each time can you go to the Local Government Ombudsman.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I have done whats called a reconsideration letter and a letter with title appeal, also one with with title F.A.O Fraud officer - problem is they verbally tell me they have them but do not reply to letters just send out repeated breakdown letters I have had before!