• Tweets

• Ok so to cut a long story Short I had a massive breakdown in a long term relationship 5 years ago leaving me with large debts. I'm a reformed person now to how I used to be with money and I'm looking to get a mortgage.  I have ignored these debts as I'm aware of the statue barred system.  Sadly the other day I have received 2 pre legal assesment letters from Lowlifes based on 2 old O2 accounts.  I'm aware that the pre assesment is just a threat but it's one I need to take seriously based on my mortgage applications. The drop off date is not till next summer.  It leaves a sour taste in my mouth to set up a payment plan for this although it could be the way forward.  I maybe up for full and final but the accounts equate to £1000 roughly.  Can someone advise me on the best option for these without judging.  I have previously beaten lowlife in court for a ccj based on another communications account I held based on no CCA to prove it was mine although I think I got very lucky as I'm aware it's not regulated under the CCA.  I currently have another CC account which I'm fighting with Roboway via the prove it method for which they have wrote to me twice over the months stating they are having issues with the original creditor.  Sorry for the long read but this is massively important I avoid a CCJ. 
    • sorry I was mixing the wrong CAT provider in there. yes JDW, not SD   so in a nut shell you cant find any payments to JDW or say Littlewoods or any of the JDW catalogue names they provided but can find ref for studio cards [yes express gifts]   so they are trying 2 claim on at least 2 cat debts that are prob SB'd and using AC numbers in their POC that don't appear to match those on your credit file?   what about the studio card details, does the payment ref match the POC AC number?
    • Ok, so I have sat down and done the sums and to say I was a little out on my original debt assessment would be an understatement. The figure I owe is actually ALOT more than I anticipated. Here is the breakdown:   MBNA Credit Card - £3,833.61 Barclay Credit Card - £9,914.02 Natwest Over Draft - £2,241.51 Paypal Credit - £2005.88 Littlewoods - £1287.33 Next - £603.98 Other (This is what I owe a friend of mine who helped me, they said they're not urgently needing this money back and to sort out the rest first but I feel a massive sense of need to repay them) - £7,000.00 Total of Company Debts- £19,886.33 Total Debt with extra money I owe friend - £26,886.33   Thank you in advance for any help and advice. This figure has been very overwhelming and is a massive wake up call for me.      
    • Hi dx100uk Thanks for reply Have downloaded all bank accounts going back to 2012, checked same for JDWilliams/ J D Williams/ Williams and can find no indication of payment at all to any name or similar But Express Gifts ( Studio Cards? ) according to bank statements made last payment ( £35 ) on 24/07/2013. The reference numbers shown by Lowell do NOT match the account numbers shown on my credit file?   Once again many thanks for help Trace
    • When you list your debts, can you include  the approximate month/year you took out the account or loan.  Also when the accounts were defaulted, if you have received a default notice and could not pay the amount on the default notice.   If you have Government debts such as Council Tax, please state the current position.    Are you currently working ? Do you claim any benefits  ? If you are on low income, have you applied for any help. It would be Universal Credit now and not  Council Housing Benefits, unless you have any existing Housing Benefit claim.    
  • Our picks

billy_79

Tax credits 2 child limit question

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 818 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have 3 children (3,5, and 7 y/o) with my ex partner, and we share care for them (they stay with me about 3 days/nights per week). Until now, we'd agreed to split the child tax credit, so I claim for one child (the youngest), and she claims for the other two.

Now she's saying that doesn't work for her any more, and she needs to claim the tax credits for all three. Does the new legislation allow her to add our third child onto her existing claim, or will she come up against the 2 child limit?

From what I've read, it applies to children born after 6th April this year, or to any new claims for tax credits. But it isn't a completely new claim in her case, so not sure if that makes it ok?

Call the helpline and ask, they'll confirm the latest position for you.