• Tweets

• 2nd class will do... don't waste money, all you have to do it prove you sent it. the time limit is not a case of they can and will issue a claim.   PAPLOC is merely a process they must now go thru as so many fleecing debt buyers were issuing speculative court claims and abusing the court system as a method of debt collection with no real hope of success other than wet yourself syndrome or default judgements as everything was sent to old addresses mostly on purpose.    
    • YOu say send it first class, get a free Proof of Postage, but would it make any difference if I get it recorded?   As there's under a week left before their cut off date, I just want to ensure 100% they receive it before the date, and have evidence that they did when they receive it.  
    • Have you put a formal claim into Hermes? I think you should put formal claims into Hermes in respect of each one. I suggest that you leave it about five days apart so that they are treated completely separately. Hermes of course will refuse to compensate you – but then we will help you begin a legal action against them. Once again, I think that your best interests will be served by claiming and suing for only one of them – and then the second one separately once you have the result of the first one. We will help you all the way – but you need to start off by reading around the stories on the sub- forum about Hermes complaints and actions against Hermes. You need to understand the mediation process – and there are lots of good summaries on the sub- forum. Also you should read around on this website about the steps involved bringing a small claim in the County Court. Begin the claims process with Hermes so that you get a denial of liability – and then we will go to the next step.
    • The luxury car manufacturer says its battery-powered sports cars will be made in Warwickshire. View the full article
    • Well please can you search everything and get all your documents together. Read them. Understand what you have. And they make sure they are properly filed. Do you have the name and address of the driver? Also I believe that you said that you had received a message from your own insurer saying that you were liable – or something like that. Please can you reproduce that message here – preferably in PDF format   Don't respond to anyone without checking with us first. We would want to know why you are being asked to contact people. However, you definitely need to contact your insurer tomorrow as I've already suggested. You really need to find out what's going on, why they have made the decision that they have and you want copies. Don't tell them that you sent them on SAR. Keep that a completely separate matter – but simply ask them on the telephone to have copies of all the documents that they have assembled in respect of this case. Once again, you should be recording this.  
  • Our picks

• Ebay Packlink and Hermes - destroyed item as it was "damaged". https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/430396-ebay-packlink-and-hermes-destroyed-item-as-it-was-damaged/&do=findComment&comment=5087347
      • 25 replies
    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Finance. Secured Loan no payments for years not being chased

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1413 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All... First off apologies if I am asking something that has been answered elsewhere... Truth is I'm in a massive hole and trying to find anyway out (not just with welcome lol)

Long story short... Took at a 3rd charge loan with welcome about 12 years ago...it was a struggle from the off... About 3 years in welcome offered us the chance to resign to extend the length of the loan and reduce the payments which we did... Split up with the wife who remained in the home about 6 years ago. For the past 5 years no payment have been made to welcome. Current balance is about £29k.

My initial question is that they have never really chased for the monthly payments....the only contact we have from them is a yearly statement and that's it. The debt doesn't appear on my credit file however there is a charge at land registry...does anyone know why this might be the case that they are not chasing us for such a long period of time?

House in massive neg eq so am desperate for any ways out

Thanks all :)

They'll get their money upon sale if ever...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Get an sar running

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Personally I wouldn't

Get the sar first

Might well be faulty knowing welcome

Go read threads here

and they

Yeah will have to get the papers I suppose.

..was just reluctant to contact them in the first place for paperwork as am not hearing from them.

..have looked through the forums just think its unusual not to have heard from them for years for such a big amount I guess

Welcome will have added a ton of charges and fee's to it. All of which you cna reclaim. Get the SAR off, and forget about VR until you have the facts in front of you.

And its not unusual to not have heard of them if they know very well they have messed up.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Sure well that's what I'm hoping....although not sure how much the fees would be...I mean this is a morally dubious question but is getting out of the whole loan an actual possibility does anyone know?

Thats why you need that SAR :)

We dont condone debt avoidance so cant comment on it,.

but with welcome, the reclaim + interest could be in the thousands.

If the charge was comprised mostly of fee's then you could theoretically get it removed.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

get the sar done.

99% of welcome stuff is loaded with £1000's of penalty charges & useless insurances [bet you had MIF for one!]

and ofcourse theres this refinance? you did?

and they

very. Get that sar off asap. Youre likely looking at reclaiming thousands, and a possibility of getting that charge gone.

I'll get it done then...I know its on other threads etc but its patchy and am not familiar with all this...what would they have to have done to mean the debt is unenforceable...or at least shouldn't be charged against the house? Sorry for the noon questions I'm sure :(

TBH I don't think theres any real possibility the charge will be removed

its not a charge as a result of a court CCJ

its one that was placed there upon loan sale as it was a secured loan.

funny thing is

welcome about 2yrs ago removed 99'9% of all their outstanding secured loan charges when they signed the waiver..

never mind

it'll all come out in the wash

dx

and they

The SAR will give you the facts surrounding the debt. The fact youre asking questions shows you NEED the response to that SAR.

Yes I see...as I said initially I was a little concerned about making any contact at the moment as haven't heard a peep from them for years..I understand now that I need the sar but obviously I will be raising my head above the parapet as it where when I do

its a charge

they cant 'jus't demand payment anyway.

though I wonder if this has not already been sold to alpha credit

have you check LR in the last month then?

and they

I can't remember of the top of my head but pretty sure its still either welcome or progressive on LR..

.But like I said not a peep from them in years apart from an annual statement.

.just can't figure it out really..

.am a bit worried about the sar with it flagging up my account to them..

.but having said that they are the third in line against the house.

..and its in neg eq by about 20k..

plus I can't afford any monthly payments anyway so not sure what they could do anyway..

. I'm hoping there has been some sort of historic cock up on my paperwork anyway

and that's why its not been sold on

or why I haven't heard from them in years

...I mean its 30k I'd be chasing it lol

well no as I've said the charge is there so they've the money ..even if eventually.

they cant force a sale

and they'll not bother with a CCJ as it achieves nothing for them.

I bet you its progressive on your LR file.

not wishing to worry you but...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?467097-Welcome-secured-loans-charge-now-sold-to-Alpha-Prime-repo-received-bal-all-penalties-PPI-MIF-LIFE-PPI-help

get that sar running!!

and they

A sar it is then. Thanks for all the advice. What is it I'm looking for when the paperwork arrives in particular?

We wont know until you read the sar. But i'd be looking at the refinancing plus all charges etc and interest accrued on them as a start