• Tweets

• Evening all,    I had a CCJ against in 20014 for a £4000 debt to Lloyd's bank in 2012. It was passed to cabot financial. I didn't hear anything from anyone and it dropped off my credit file last year. Earlier this year I got some correspondence from Lloyd's to my new addres, a £600 cheque for mishandling my account at the time. A few weeks later I got a letter from cabot saying they have my new address and wanting me to set up a payment plan etc. Now it's almost daily phonecalls and emails. I just wondered is there a limit to how long I am liable for this debt and can it go back on my credit file because I've actually recovered pretty well from it 😂.  
    • Please confirm :-   1. Date you sent HMRC the SAR   2. Date of HMRC's letter rejecting the initial appeal.   We need to ensure you don't miss the date to tell HMRC your decision.    
    • Sick to death of getting uh oh broken link page everytime I click on last page of a thread or even some actual links, let alone browser coming to grinding stalls everytime this site is accessed necessitating shutdown and restart of browser (new and old when it worked) after leaving this site to get them working properly elsewhere again - causing stalls typos and allsorts. What cretin is bodging this?     So Johnson and his jolly rodgerers allocate £6BN to his pals for gloves - probably unusable   Revealed: £6bn NHS glove contract shows rocketing cost of PPE | Coronavirus | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Extraordinary sum reveals PPE cost pressures and raises fears of forced labour in overseas factories     So who thinks the UK could build a factory , employ UK people and make more for just £1Billion or less, and no doubt have many spare to be able to sell abroad to improve our trade balance and maybe even a small return on the investment instead of a total loss? Of course that flies in the face of the populist ethos of giving middlemen cronies and donies millions for FA and would require them to invest in the UK rather than a tax haven ...  
    • Worth mentioning that, after having checked my emails, I asked via email to which Amazon entity I should name in legal proceedings and was advised: With reference to your other concerns, you may direct any future correspondence regarding this matter to our Legal Department at the following address: AEUc/o Amazon UK Services Ltd   Doubt this changes things?  
    • Well in those circumstances I would argue that it is no longer possible for the solicitor to provide the contracted service and I would have thought the agreement was frustrated.  In which case I would have thought you should be able to get a refund from them.   If you are unable to provide the evidence they are asking for, have you discussed it with them?  (It may well be that providing them with the date that they did your will and with your address at the time is not sufficient for them to trace either your payment or what it was for.  It may seem unlikely but it may be entirely possible.  Do you not have any other official documentation from them accompanying your will or referring to what any payment was for that would assist them in tracing it?  Not even a receipt or an invoice from them?)
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

just had benifit cut and need to cancel sky

letsgetitsorted

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I am enquiring on behalf of a friend, he took out a sky q subscription around 2 months ago and now needs to cancel all of his sky TV due to a cut in his benifits.

is there any advice anyone can help ...he is worries that he will have to pay a huge bill to cancel something he can no longer afford

thank you all

cheers

lets

nope not usually

just phone sky

tell them you either need the bills reduced down to [affordable level] by cancelling sky q and XXXX or you'll be going into arrears very quickly

when they don't want to play ball

ask [and you MUST] to be put through to retentions.

they'll sort it

if he has sky phone package as well

just dial 150.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

150 and going thru the 1st operator

trying

then sticking to your 'wants'

then ASKING for retentions

is the way to go.

they do help you.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 6 months later...

Check the paperwork - did your friend take out a new contract with a minimum term agreement when adding sky Q?

Plenty of stories online about persistence paying off with dealing with Sky, particularly if you have been a long term customer.