style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2549 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have received a letter today from Rundels enforcement agents, on behalf of Great Yarmouth Borough Council, for a claimed debt of £1,600. The only money I can remember possibly owing was for rent, but not for that much, in 2005.

Is a rent debt of this age enforceable or is it statute bared? Who do I write to to tell them I don't owe it?

Many thanks

Rundles.jpeg

<<< If I have helped please click my star :-D

Get The Consumer Survival Handbook

Just standard debt collection letter. Of course they won't tell you it is statute barred and it is up to you whether you pay or not. It is not unlawful to suggest court action, because that would be up to normal legal process.

Write back just stating that as the matter appears to relate back to 2005, that it is subject to the limitations act 1980 and that you would defend any county court claim on that basis. Advise them to desist in writing to you, unless they can provide evidence to support that the matter is not statute barred.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

they shouldn't be sending letter implying they are bailiffs

report it to FCA.

its an old summary debt.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

the letter isnt implying bailiff action, they are just the same as solicitors acting as debt collectors, using their letterhead to hope you think that the nice begging letter they have sent you has more influence than it deserves.

Ignore or tell them the debt is statute barred and to refer the matter back to their client.

Hello im-mad

I am a Great Yarmouth Resident and wondering if l can help in any way with the council.

Are you still a resident of Great Yarmouth. I would advise you SAR the council with regarda to rhis. A few locals have recently found that old accounts have come out of the woodwork including people wo brought the house from the council.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

pers id ignore them totally!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello im-mad

I am a Great Yarmouth Resident and wondering if l can help in any way with the council.

Are you still a resident of Great Yarmouth. I would advise you SAR the council with regarda to rhis. A few locals have recently found that old accounts have come out of the woodwork including people wo brought the house from the council.

No I moved away in 2005. I had constant arguments with housing benefit over the amount they paid vs amount should have paid.

<<< If I have helped please click my star :-D

Get The Consumer Survival Handbook