• Tweets

• Why don't you actually READ the sellers advert before talking tosh. The seller's advert offers an optional  12 months breakdown warranty cover,  warranties generally do not cover anything related to wear and tear and especially everything on an old banger will be excluded.  OP should have studied the terms of any such warranty before purchasing it, if he did purchase it.     Also, the sellers advert at NO point states the car has NO faults. READ the sellers advert before jumping to huge conclusions. 
    • The BBC isn't a private company and it's this kind of misinformation that encourages people to avoid the license fee.
    • How did you purchase the goods? (instore or online)   How did you pay for the goods? (cash or card and which card method if paid by card i.e. debt card etc.)        
    • Thanks for the reply which makes the case more simple.   As the young gym member was under 18 when she joined, she was a minor and the gym or their admin Co. cannot enforce any contract or agreement with her.   She can reply to any demand from the gym saying :-   " I was a minor at the time of signing the membership and cannot be held to any contract terms associated with such a membership agreement. Accordingly no further demands should be made and this should be the end of the matter. Yours faithfully, YD"   Send this to the gym's address by letter and get a free Cert of Posting at the PO Counter.   Keep us posted please
  • Our picks

• Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 184 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I ordered my new sofa from Sofology and received txt on March 30th saying it was ready for delivery. I arranged a delivery date and had to pay extra for a Saturday delivery. Disposed of my old sofa and sat on kitchen chairs for 4 days. Then I received a call saying my sofa wasn't ready the night before it was due and it could be anything up to 4 more weeks. I'm also told they do not do Saturday deliveries in my area (Dorset). They offered me a replacement sofa which I accepted (It's the most uncomfortable sofa I have ever sat in) which they delivered on Good Friday. A week later I get told my sofa is now ready and I should go to their website to arrange a delivery date however, the website says that the sofa has already been delivered with no other options.

Yesterday (21st April) I went on their web chat to be told they cannot arrange delivery. I have to contact the delivery people on a premium rate number to arrange a day that I presume they expect me to take off work. I have asked on 3 occasions requested to at least have the Saturday delivery monies returned and as yet I've only been told that I will not be charged but not that the money has been returned. I asked about cancelling the order and was told the money was non-refundable. I asked for the complaints dept information and was told I'd receive an email - no email was sent and I didn't get a transcript of the chat session.

They seem to have the attitude that I should be grateful they are willing to let me buy from them so here is my question -

As I bought on Visa is the above grounds enough to cancel the order? I will contact them to arrange delivery but I just want to know if I can cancel if needs arise.

yes, the replacement was supposed to be until mine was ready. I have a bad back and it has a large seat so I have to pile a load of duvets on it or i put my back out. Hopefully the one i have purchased is better.

Update.

Sofa was delivered and yes I was forced to take a day off work or they would charge me storage. It's not exactly what I thought i was getting but I just cannot be bothered any more. Poor quality back cushions but the rest is fine.

Tried 5 times to get the Saturday delivery money returned. On the 5th attempt threatened them with Trading Standards and at least now I have confirmation that it has been passed to their payments dept. There has been no offer of compensation and except for the first contact there has been no apology for not having the sofa ready when they arranged the first delivery or any of their subsequent failures.

They have to be, without doubt. the worst company I have dealt with in years, probably decades.

I going to try and mentally erase the whole experience. I've even stopped watching Gogglebox as I get angry every ad break.:x

Thanks for reading my tales of woe.

i'm in the same situation at the moment.

1. got the msg saying it is ready for delivery on the 7th of dec, no show so rang them and was told i should not have got that msg but if i pay now it will be delivered on 13th dec !

2. contacted me on the afternoon of the 12th to say sofas have not been loaded so won't be delivered until 18th.

we disposed of our old sofas on the 6th and have been sat on deck chairs for 9 days now NOT HAPPY

thread is 2 yrs old

you wont get seen here

start a new thread

of you own please

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

These were on watchdog programme 3 weeks ago.

Appalling company..maybe threaten them you will contact watchdog about your troubles or you could even e mail them as lots of people did while the programme was on (it's live).

All of a sudden all complaints sorted!