scottishbloke17

Blemain Finance reclaiming **WON**

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 702 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

well if you read a few other threads etc

p'haps you'd not be confused so much.

we seem to be nurse maiding you upon what to even think sometimes.

fire it off

see what happens..

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

I am only learning all this for the first time. I've never dealt with any of these companies before. So I delete the interest sections of the charges sheet and just leave it as a total of all the charges? I will leave the PPI for now incase that affects the charges claim.

I've sent the charges first class recorded so they have to sign for it.

With the 8% interest it works out at just under £3000,

the offer was just over £500,

my Dad would be happy with just getting that but when he's been reading everything and seeing how everything works and re-reading what he paid all those years ago he's wanting to keep pushing.

I want to push for him. I

don't want him settling for the £500 if he can get everything back with 8% interest.

The problem is I know nothing about any of this and I'm only trying to learn what I can and try my best to understand it because out of all the cases I've read every one is a little bit different.

You couldn't read multiple threads on here or anywhere and get the answer you want,

I even rewrote much of the template letter,

there is very little cut and paste that anyone could do.

I didn't know about the Loans.co.uk because I assumed that this was another front for Blemain Finance.

I don't know which thread I had seen it in but before that paperwork even arrived I was reading threads and someone mentioned that Blemain Finance handn't always used the name Blemain Finance, they have other names listed at their address and I thought Loans.co.uk was just another name for them and it is literally a few pages, other than that I haven't seen any mention of Loans.co.uk on anything.

The sheet that has the quotations and amounts and all the PPI stuff are all listed and signed by Blemain Finance after the Loans.co.uk application form.

And if it hadn't been for them sending the letter themselves offering the £500 we would never have even known about it so where did that £500 come from? They don't list what it all is and what each charge they are refunding.

They say fees and charges, so no mention of PPI.

The total comes to just under £300 and with the 8% compensatory per annum on interest for the months passed which is just over £200 giving the £500.

if they are correct in what they say and it really is just fees and charges well what they owe is a lot more than £500 and I think if they refunded all those charges with the 8% compensatory interest my Dad would be very happy.

As far as Loans.co.uk and the £15,000 to pay off GE Money, I don't know about that just now.

I'm just trying to do one thing at a time.

I would like to look into both of them and see what is going on but it's a lot for me to take in and I don't fully understand everything myself and most other people doing this kind of thing are doing it for something they themselves are experiencing,

I'm going back a lot of years to somethings my parent's got and my Dad doesn't remember every little detail so a lot of stuff in the paperwork doesn't always make sense to us.

For my Dad's sake

I would like to get everything he is owed back to him,

I would love for him to get every penny back but it's not just a case of me going on the internet and magically making it all happen,

I have to understand what it is I'm doing so that I don't make any mistakes when I'm sending letters and make sure everything I'm sending is correct, that's why I ask a lot of questions.

When I read what most other people are doing, they are talking about themselves, they know all the stuff they signed or what meetings they had and when and who with, all I've got is a lot of paperwork and that's all I have to go on. I don't know what a lot of terms mean or words mean or what makes one thing different from the rest.

No one person's case is the same as someone else but I'm learning by reading other people's threads and how they got success and trying to apply it to this one but clearly I've still made mistakes.

Another letter arrived today the same as before offering the £500 refund. Do you think I should give them a call?

And refuse it

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

I am going to.

They are not open at weekends but I left a voicemail with contact number and my Dad's account number saying that the reason they have sent this letter to my Dad's proper address is due to a letter sent a few weeks ago where all the charges they made were attached and with the 8% compensatory interest

the total was just under £3000, nowhere near the £500 in charges refund they are offering now and I would like to speak to someone about it,

if I don't get a call back I will be calling again on Monday to speak to someone.

My Dad is happy with the £512 they are offering but obviously wants all the charges refunded but wants me to speak on his behalf.

Is there any certain things I should say to them on Monday?

I know on the letter it said they have 8 weeks to respond and this is their response,

it's dated the 15th June,

do I say to them they have so many weeks to offer the full amount or just refuse the £512 and demand the full refund?

I called them and spoke to them about the offer and the letter and spreadsheet that was sent back.

The person I spoke to said the refund letter that was sent out has nothing to do with any charges made, this was an internal thing they did and realised they charged too much for things,

for instance if they were meant to charge £30 they charged £35 so the £5 was refunded.

Also they didn't know my Mum had passed away so the original death certificate or a certified copy has to be sent in to take her name off anymore correspondance and the refund of £512 was to be split so she said the offer I think was either to be split between my parents or the £512 was half of what it was meant to be.

She said there was two things going on in the account and one was the letter we sent about the charges.

If my Dad accepts the £512 offer the other stuff about charges will still go on as planned as that is a separate thing.

I said we weren't happy with this and she logged a complaint.

The complaints department will respond with a letter within 5 days to acknowledge the charges spreadsheet and what we are asking to be refunded but they can take at least 8 weeks to get everything done and the final correspondance can take up to 8 weeks.

I don't know what to believe.

My Dad really wants to sign and get the £512

but obviously we need to send the death certificate first,

I don't know if it's safe to send the original or not.

I also don't believe that the refund with the 8% has nothing to do with all the illegal charges on the spreadsheet I sent but she made it sound like this £512 is my Dad's anyway and has nothing to do with any illegal charges.

unlawful not illegal..

send a copy of the Dcert.

Still not heard anything.

A letter was sent about the unlawful charges but the letter said the claim was "building insurance too high" and "collection charges too high" and said they will give an answer within 4 weeks.

It took a week to get the death certificate and have that sent off so it's only been a few weeks but no letter has been sent back.

What do you think of them talking about building insurance and collections charges?

Do you think they will refund those unlawful charges?

We never accepted the £512 offer yet either as obviously my Dad wouldn't get the full £512 without them having a copy of the death certificate but do you think that will affect all those charges?

Do you they will deal with it all at once?

you want them both fully refunded as neither are lawful.

There's a lot more charges on the sheets which I gave them. The woman I spoke to was very chatty and took in everything I was saying. What she did say was If my Dad accepted the £512 offer, they would still look into these unlawful charges and make a decision on them and I was under the impression that if you signed and agreed to whatever refund they offered you, they could basically stop you getting anymore money. I think I read that on here in another thread.

I guess I can't do much until they respond. Is there anything I can do in the meantime? Is there a certain person that I could contact and speak to? Is there a person or department that I should be phoning or contacting? Do you think they will refund all of those unlawful charges?

not got a crystal balls sorry

Another letter was received and this time there are 2 amounts being refunded,

they attached some spreadsheets on what they will refund and the 2 amounts equal £1600 but 20% of one of the payments has to be paid to HMRC so I think it's minus £120.

They said if this offer is not received then to go to the Financial Ombudsman and wait 6 months for a response.

Because this is far higher than the £500 offer prior my Dad wanted to accept it and he has.

Another letter has been received and it says they are very sorry for not resolving the complaints about the charges of building insurance and collections charges.

It has been passed onto a case manager who will investigate everything and all the details put forward and their findings can take up to 4 weeks.

They can contact me in the meantime about any questions they may have about the complaint and they will write to us with their findings.

So i hope they do refund all those other charges aswell.

blimey that's a result

BF are changing their spots then!!

It was definitely a nice surprise.

The letter had to be signed for and when I seen that I thought it might be good news.

Every page was double sided and the main letter was 3 sides across 2 pages and whoever wrote it went into a lot of detail.

They attached one of their price lists from 2008 and a few pages of spreadsheets which included the charges they were refunding.

I don't know what my Dad has done with the letter or I would write out what they all were but it was 2 separate payments and they mentioned that there are certain services they are allowed to charge for.

I don't remember if it was the 8% compensatory interest or not but on one of the payments by law 20% has to be paid to the HMRC and they would do it on my Dad's behalf. It still works out at 3 times the amount of the original offer.

My Dad couldn't believe it and neither could I.

He wanted me to phone them and double check it was all OK and they said it was and where actually really helpful

and they said to send the response recorded delivery so it wouldn't be lost rather than using the prepaid envelope they had sent with the letter.

I hope everything works out the same way with the other charges.

They have given a reference number for the complaint too so at least I know they have all the spreadsheets I sent

and since it's going to a Case Manager I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything else will be refunded too.

But I have you to thank dx100uk and everyone else who posted int this thread for helping me do this.

I had no idea on how to do all of this and find out about everything so I have all of you to thank.

On behalf of my Dad and myself, thank you very much :)

no that all appears ok.

when a firm 'gives' you compensational interest [they call it statutory interest at 8%] sadly the taxman gets 20% of it

as its an earning

but you can if earning are below rate tax rate claim it back

your thread is very useful to all BF people

as its an important win were most have been totally fobbed off and got nothing

keep up the good work

I'm glad everything is OK. I hope it also helps others who and helps answer any questions they have and helps them with what to do.

Thank you! :)

Very well done

Dx