• Tweets

• 20 million quid on just the brokering fee for a crappy deal with the UK public hocked to pay more for PPE - which was probably useless with better and cheaper per item with no 20 million quid fee - available from alibaba Stinks of corruption to me.  
    • Breaking News Biden wins Kennedy family endorsement Fifteen members of the storied Kennedy political family endorsed U.S. President Joe Biden at a Philadelphia campaign event on Thursday, with some joining him onstage, in a rebuke of Robert F. Kennedy Jr's independent bid for the White House. and 30 members in the extended Kennedy family   nytimes.com WWW.NYTIMES.COM Kennedys endorse Biden over their relative RFK Jr WWW.BBC.CO.UK Robert F Kennedy Jr is running for president as an independent - but many family members oppose him. More than a dozen Kennedy family members endorse Biden, snub RFK Jr. | CBC News WWW.CBC.CA President Joe Biden accepted endorsements from at least 15 members of the Kennedy political family during a campaign stop...  
    • Speaking of Frost and Johnson the corrupt liars' grate deal they forced through   Shortages of life saving medicines has become ‘new normal’ for UK after Brexit WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK ‘The medicines supply chain is broken at every level,’ warns Dr Leyla Hannbeck   "Professor Tamara Hervey, of the City Law School, said: “There is nothing inevitable about this ‘new normal’ where Great Britain is isolated in efforts to manage fragilities in global supply of the products and people we need to run the NHS. It is the consequence of policy choices and those could be different.”     Mind you, the private sector is making hays while the NHS is burned. Private health insurance market grows by £385m in a year amid NHS crisis | Private healthcare | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Demand for private treatment booms as NHS waiting lists remain long, while more people also sign up for dental cover  
    • That's an idea on Maquarie. On being accountable, you also have to blame Ofwat and possibly the Environment Agency although they've been badly defunded. I put the Frost article up for balance.  
    • I agree HB, but there were no laws broken - its perfectly legal to fleece the UK and its infrastructure - and labour were little better than the Tories Perhaps an option would be to ban the aussie investment fund from the UKs markets
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Blemain Finance reclaiming **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2437 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I haven't recieved any reply from them yet.

It wont be long before the 40 day period is up.

I was going to ask what to do with all the paperwork and how to work out what charges are what.

I hope it doesn't require a long stressful process to get everything sorted

but it seems to be that way for many people.

Thank you for your support.

It just seems to be nothing but horror stories with this company and the things they have got away with over the years.

I just hope I receive all the paperwork soon.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi scottishbloke17 hope you have heard back now from together (blemain finance) i think when the loan was done they were called blemain group ok ) like mine was and many others.

blessings and please read my posts and a lot of others on here under blemain finance generally from 2004 to 2009,

may you get back all what is rightfully yours and if there was ppi too, refund on that aswell.

Fees add up im sure whats owing to you maybe far more than 500 could be thousands.

Please think wisely because with all the cases on here you may have read regarding blemain ( i tell you now its not easy )

i gave them grace and they really didnt care

they owed me more back

the only way for me is COURT and finally reveil truth.

Money is route of all evil and success is how i think blemain think

( not them doing what is right will cost them now properly more than money) .

Its awful my trust in people has really dropped.

All of the paper work came through today and there is quite a lot of it.

I have only skimmed through it but there are many pages with many signatures and different amounts of money being talked about.

The cover letter mentions there are things they legally are allowed to omit and they have listed what they are in the letter.

What's the best way forward next?

start looking fixed sum penalty fees like arrears, letter, phone, late, debt management

and pop them in the statint sheet here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?330996-Latest-Spreadsheets-PPI-Claims-and-Charges-Claims-Dec-2011

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I wish you well, scottishbloke17

its NOT unbelieveable that blemain finance (together now their new name, they changed name yet again)

that they send us all letters that us customers we all cant understand its not normal?????????????? is it .

Their contracts and letters are all so confusing

no wonder they get put in court,

as not only not being able to understand them,

they dont clearing explain anything,

its just YOU DO AS WE SAY.

I do believe my claim will open up doors for many others that need release who are struck under blemain(together) and i feel that my case will also change, close, and also answer years of customer torment and why. I a wait a hearing date now soon, I will know when. Finally I will BE HEARD.

The money im claiming back, is less than what im really owed, but im sure the judge will see and correct any payment too me.

Its just nice to be under the court not blemain at min, cos i couldnt take anymore not being heard and paperwork i had ask for several times blemain never ever sent. So the court will now take over.

I cant tell you what to do scottishbloke,

but I can say I could not sort anything with blemain/together because they wasnt willing to do the right thing,

even when I explained everything to them they just did their way.

It was totally frustrating indeed.

If I could post more on here to explain I would believe me, but now court have my claim and as shocking as ALL OF IT is, hopefully soon I tell you outcome. Its sad when the only way to get justice and be heard is court.(

• Confused 1

Thank you both for the reply.

I've noticed quite a lot of what you have suggested. On page 2 it says -

It gives Payee - Purpose Amount.

Dad's Name - Client Advance - £4,967.63

Halifax Building Society - First Mortgage Arrears - £32.37

PPP Insurance - Premier Writers Ltd - £415.00

Blemain Finance Limited - Lenders Arrangement Fee - £350.00

Total Loan Advance £5,765.00

A few pages ahead it says Table of redacted or withheld information. I wont write it all out but the information witheld is.

Third party details, Legal Professional Privilege, Information that is not personal data, Negotations with the requester, Crime and Taxation, Underwriting procedures.

After that there is a quotation page.

Amount to Client - £5000.00

Add Broker's Fees - £350.00

Add Other Disbursements - £0.00

Add P.P.P Premium [D/Life] - £415.00

Total Advance - £5,765.00

Total Interest Paybale at 10.90% per Annum over 60 months = £31.41.93

Repayable by 60 payments of £148.44

True A.P.R. 26.47% 1.98 p/m Effective A.P.R. 20.33% 1.55p/m

Legal and Documentation Fees of £250.00 to be paid upon Settlement.

Is that kind of stuff normal stuff or does that go in the table too?

There is at least 3 separate things in this pile of paperwork and each one begins with a copy of my request for information.

The next thing is a loan for £15k

There is literally pages and pages detailing phone calls each costing £35.00 and letters costing £35.00.

There is a list of all transactions made, almost £200 per month in interest charges.

I also have a copy of the letter that they sent out which my sister lost and it says -

We have completed a review of the fees and charges that we applied to your account with Blemain Finance.

Due to these errors you are entitled to a refund of £295.00 which represents the total value of the incorrectly added fees or charges,

furthermore we have established that £50.02 was added on these fees or charges and you are also due a refund of this.

We will pay compensatory interest for the months that have passed since your account redeemed, this amount has been calculated at 8% per annum, simple.

Please note when this payment is sent to you, tax of 20% will have been deducted from the compensatory interest amount and this is shown in the summary below.

Amount of fees or charges refunded £295.00

Aount of account interest refund £50.02

Total Account refund - £345.02

Compensatory interest payment (gross) £41.86

TOTAL amount you will recieve £512.47

With the second loan of £15k there is mortgage account transactions and that lists many many

Letter,

Telephone Charge,

Collection Telephone,

Default Notice,

Dishonoured Reciept,

Dishonoured Reciept Charge,

Loan Procession fee and

at the very beginning a Broker fee to another company.

Is there anything there that I shouldn't be looking at?

interest and brokers fees can not be reclaimed

if you wanna be brave scan up each batch of statements to OMNE MULTIPAGE PDF

redact them FIRST please

follow the upload

any FIX FEE is usually a penalty and can be reclaimed

as can ANY PPI life insurance or any insurance

though they must be a separate claim. from penalty fees.

and they

That's what I wasn't sure of but I wanted to ask just to see.

The bulk of the paperwork seems to come from the £15k loan and there's a lot of letters going backwards and forwards from my parents to the solicitors to Blemain about the sale of the house and what the house is worth and Blemain not accepting an offer etc.

Is the statements the Balance Breakdown sheets they have given me?

It looks like a bank statement and has all the charges and debits?

yep

dx

and they

so certainly PPI/ins to reclaim

on the 11/10 one

did you already have building insurance running and active before you took this out?

if so theirs is reclaimable ...you don't need it twice.

its reclaimable

fees...

dishonoured

letter

telephone [all types]

collection instruction

default notice

and the % those were of the settlement sum too.

and they

I ask scottishbloke17 would you kindly when you get time search under yahoo BLEMAIN FINANCE WARNING when you have it will come up with list read the one DEBT QUESTION CHESHIRE/BLEMAIN heading posts read them all as this will help you. Maybe get cup of tea first, deep breath then read. Im sorry it is hard time for you im trying to help you get all whats owed, its not a pretty picture the post will show of blemain.

I don't know about that,

my Dad doesn't remember a lot of stuff

but there are some letters dated from 2000 talking about what the house was estimated to be worth and what it was sold for.

There is a letter dated from October 2002 and it says regarding the property,

the flat is currently insured through the Council's block policy with Royal Sun & Sun Alliance Insurance for a sum of £74k.

The level of cover is index-linked with an annual renewal date of 1st April.

I can advise you that there are no service charges levied in the respect of the property by the Council.

Purchasers of this type of property pay the Council's management fee (Currently £72.00 per annum), building insurance premiums, and an equal (1/4) share of the cost of any common repaires carried out to the building.

The first loan was in October 2002

so I think that might mean that the council insured the house with Royal Sun & Sun Alliance Insurance but I don't know if that carried on throughout the years or not.

When you say the % of those were of the settlement sum does that mean I don't include the settlement sum in the charges?

Im still fearful of blemain,

but I have to be set free and I hope others will be set free with me on the way.

I post soon as I can over my claim case which ive done)

and judge has ordered a hearing Thank heaven.

I hope you just saw my post scottishbloke17 about blemain finance warning ???????????????? i posted here for you.

As for insurance I had my own insurance blemain do like to know who.....

..they send letters dictating you must send your insurance details asap if not charges go on

its awful I didnt get charged cos i sent straight away,

but I have read posts where customers have been charged and awful letters from blemain very unkind letters.

I got charged regulary for being 2 days late with a payment 50 pound a time, this was put on took off put on like a yoyo.

UP DOWN UP DOWN UP, I had to fight for my rights if I didnt get money on time I couldnt pay them on time and they went crazy at me broke my plan instantly on me when i wasnt even a week late with payment.

crying nearly 2 hours on phone to them while they threathened repossession it was unreal the stress they give you and I could prove why I was day or so late,

I think I had nearly nervous breakdown, as at same time I was dealing with my mum being abused at a carehome, I told blemain but they still played games with me (may they be forgiven ) It is hard enough dealing with police/ adult protection and prosecuting a carehome, and getting home to 50 pound charges and unkind letters from blemain.

GOOD NEWS IT IS NEVER TOO LATE)

a judge can do what is right and when there are lots of errors like BLEMAIN / TOGETHER had and have, old and new evidence will be looked at.

releaseusall

can I be polite and suggest you stay to your own thread please

people are aware of your thread and will read it.

until you get your court hearing done and dust

its very distracting to have to keep reading elongated and repetitive posts basically stating the same thing each time

I'm taking them to court we will all win.

keep to your own thread.

dx

and they

If you want to ask blemain/together for ppi back and charges refund too for over 6 yrs ago yes do my answer is, if no joy do money claim form for court,

I would say ombudsman but you may want to jump straight to court for help.

Its very complex, i am not only going for my loan being wrong, but other things in court too.

You must read up on blemain as much as you can ok.

I say night night now.

I hope you see much when reading up on them and this site team are so helpful they have had us blemain customers on here suffering and the site have had to help us be strong and battle through to get heard and site team have given good direction for what to do.)

I didnt dare speak when i first arrived now look at me ))))))))))))).

I was so fearful of blemain, i still am but stronger now i am a little. :-D

people do not all read all posts site dx100uk, so sorry if you dont like us chatting

I don't know about that,

my Dad doesn't remember a lot of stuff

but there are some letters dated from 2000 talking about what the house was estimated to be worth and what it was sold for.

There is a letter dated from October 2002 and it says regarding the property,

the flat is currently insured through the Council's block policy with Royal Sun & Sun Alliance Insurance for a sum of £74k.

The level of cover is index-linked with an annual renewal date of 1st April.

I can advise you that there are no service charges levied in the respect of the property by the Council.

Purchasers of this type of property pay the Council's management fee (Currently £72.00 per annum), building insurance premiums, and an equal (1/4) share of the cost of any common repaires carried out to the building.

The first loan was in October 2002

so I think that might mean that the council insured the house with Royal Sun & Sun Alliance Insurance but I don't know if that carried on throughout the years or not.

When you say the % of those were of the settlement sum does that mean I don't include the settlement sum in the charges?

if it was a council house then they paid buildings themselves you had no need for extra buildings so you got fleeced on that as well.

yes theres no time limts and anything

they might wriggle about the charges but time will tell.

so

you appear to have 3 claims here

the first two are PPI and building

you can treat the building ins the same way as PPI.

read this upon how to calculate what to put in the spreadsheet I detailed earlier.

I sheet for PPI

1 sheet for building.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?318646-PPI-Single-Premium-Your-questions-answered(1-Viewing)-nbsp

as for the settlement figure...no you cant include the whole of that!

but after reading that link about

you'll see that a % of anything you paid was for PPI and you'll calculate the same way for B Ins.

so those 2 % figures will allow you to calc what % of the settlement was POI nd what % was building.

as for the charges reclaim

simply use the statint sheet and enter each fee its date what it was and how much.

and they

people do not all read all posts site dx100uk, so sorry if you dont like us chatting

no you're chatting as you do all over the blemain threads.

on your thread

look at the list at the very bottom

you'll see the people that are subscribed to your thread

so when you post there

they get an email that tells them

no need to go repeating it on everyone elses threads.

some people need to concentrate not get distracted.

dx

and they

im sorry scottishbloke17, dont worry im not offended by dx100uk as you know sometimes people just dont understand whats its been like. good luck my fellow friend).

oh ok, ive just read dx100uk what you wrote, i understand). To be honest with you im useless at internet and still understanding this site so now i see at bottom of page what you say, ok sorry. But we just chatting really. I post though as you ask on mine.