Scottish Power Switch Objection - Beyond Frutration

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2456 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This situation now is so ridiculous it is beyond frustration.

I initiated the switch process to leave Scottish Power back in February.

This was objected to.

Contacted them to find out why and was advised that incorrect MPAN had been applied for.

Supplied with MPAN.

Contacted new supplier with MPAN.

Was the same one they had applied for.

Switch re-initiated.

Objected to again.

Phoned Scottish Power to discover reason for this second objection.

Again informed it was because of incorrect MPAN.

Was now advised that supply had a dual MPAN and that first number advised was in fact the secondary number and that a different primary number had to be applied for.

Back to new supplier with this info.

After some discussion, questioning and investigation, new supplier advised they were unable to take over the supply unless the second MPAN was de-energised and unregistered and / or the meter changed.

Back to SP with this information and a request for them to perform said actions.

After some long discussion which centered mostly around trying to convince them that I do not have electric heating an appointment was made to have the meter changed.

Told a letter would be sent out to confirm.

No letter was received so called SP the day before scheduled appointment to confirm.

Rep was unable to access this information nor able to confirm or deny appointment.

Next day no one arrive to perform meter change.

Called SP again to complain and ask why.

Rep was unable to answer this question or access the relevant information.

Was put on hold several time while he made enquires with other people and departments.

The last time I was put on hold I was left there for approx 1 1/2 hours before being disconnected.

Both emailed and called to voice my complaint and displeasure at the situation.

Receive irrelevant email replies addressed to someone else.

The account is registered in my name only and no one is registered on it, had made contact on my behalf or should be affiliated in anyway with it.

Also received and email addressed to both myself and this other person asking that we ignore the previous message and requesting we provide a letter of authority to allow details to be disclosed to this other name person.

Each of these messages bearing this name were questioned and explanation sought as to who this person was and why they were being linked to my account.

No answer received, only replies that bore no resemblance to the questions asked or the points raised.

Various other emails sent and calls made trying to find a resolve, each time in vain and usually with Scottish Power referring to the electric heating in the property. The electric heating I do not have.

There seems to be some sort of inability or unwillingness for them to accept the fact I do have electric powered heating as most of their correspondence includes some sort of reference to it and the cycle begins again when I explain that this is not the case.

Having received yet another email stating that there is a dual MPAN because of the fact the property had electric heating I sent an email reply and telephoned them.

After spending a good few minutes explaining the situation and making it abundantly clear that I do have electric heating the rep put me on hold.

On picking up the call again the rep began to explain that the meter could be changed but that I would be making a mistake as the cost of my electricity would increase, especially that of my heating.

Not believing I was hearing I stopped him and asked him to explain his statement given that I had not ten minutes previously finished telling him that my heating was not electric powered.

"Oh, I missed that" came the response.

At this point I was put on hold again as he went to seek advice.

Returned to the call and advised that someone else would look into this and call me later.

After agreeing a suitable time the call back was confirmed by the agent.

No call received.

Sent yet another email complaining of the situation.

Surprised to receive a call from a complain resolution rep.

Short lived was this surprise as, Deja vu, she started to comment on the supply and the electric heating.

Again I had to state and explain this was not the case.

This was met with great resistment and I was even asked whether I was sure as I had to have electric heating.

She at this point advised that more investigation would have to be done but the she was finished at three o'clock and would not be returning until the following week.

Told me she would send me an email from her direct address and asked that I send photographs of my electric meter to aid resolve the situation.

Never received her mail.

Have sent yet another email of complaint

You can see why it is now beyond frustrating.

Have passed some of this onto OFGEM.

All I want them to do is change the meter to allow me switch supplier.

Any suggestion how I can get them to do this ?

• 2 weeks later...

After sending yet more emails and making more calls I am no further forward.

Nonsensical and irrelevant replies received to emails sent.

One phone call received to apologies for delay and ensure "everything possible was being done" and promising a call back 2 days later with an update.

Surprisingly enough this call never came and still hasn't despite requesting an update.

Cant even check the online complaint tracker as my complaint seem to be linked to an account number not registered to or with my account.

Any suggestions what I can try next ?

Hi

There are loads of directors for Scottish Power however, this chap is the head of Retail and Generation so I am assuming he would be the one to escalate to.

[email protected]

IF he is the correct person, you may get some action. If he isn't, get him to pass on to the correct person. Be aware that most emails are grabbed by the exec staff before he sees them but sometimes the staff will see it as important and pass it on to him.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Guest Mrs Hobbit

I would send him a recorded delivery letter to make sure the matter is brought to his attention. Emails seems to be lost in cyber space between people, but a recorded delivery letter will hold someone in the chain responsible.

I would include all copies of emails in this letter of complaint.

Guest Mrs Hobbit

Definitely...this way the letter will go down the chain with a trail, so there wont be any ducking and dodging. I have found this method works best for me and I get a satisfactory resolution smartly, as whoever ends up with it, has to report back up the chain..

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, some progress.

Scottish Power now seem to have accepted what I have been telling them for months, that I don not have electric powered heating, and agreed that meter change is what is required to facilitate a non objection switch to a new supplier.

Ah good I hear you cry.

If only so.

Having been offered the earliest available appointment of 19th May it was unable to be booked due to a system technical fault.

Their next offering was an appointment for 2nd June.

This offer was accepted by myself and arrangements made for time of work etc.

Not surprisingly, I then received communication stating they would now like to move this appointment to the 5th of June.

The saga continues.

At least there is some movement on their part. Let's hope they keep the appointment however, I suspect they will turn up on the 2nd.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Lets hope so.

I have responded to their appointment change request in the negative advising that this is not suitable and that I wish to stick with the offered and accepted date of the 2nd.

Still to hear from them either way.

• 3 weeks later...

Success !!!

Despite twice seeking to cancel the appointment due to a lack of engineers in the area and then on the day itself the engineer having been given incorrect details threatening to lead to the job being cancelled, the meter has finally been changed.

Pressure, persistence and patience prevailed.

Well done. Is that the end of it or is a complaint still ongoing?

Will now have to restart the switch process to new supplier and see how it goes.

Hopefully this time it will go through without objection.

Only then will it be truly over and complete.

• 2 weeks later...

Wonders will never cease.

Not only is my switch progressing so far objection free, I received a cheque today from SP containing a "Good Will Gesture" payment for the trouble and inconvenience caused.

Cool! Well done. Let's hope the switch truly moves properly.

I really hate the term 'Goodwill Gesture'. What they really mean is that 'We screwed up so have some money to go away'

Once the switch has finally happened, we can mark the thread resolved. Please keep us updated.

Wow, does no one at Scottish Power talk to each other or pass information.

Since the meter change I have received several letters that contradict each other.

Today, I received two ;

1. One confirming the work completion and what the next stages are re. administering the second MPAN.

• A second apologizing for the lack of action and progress there has been on my complaint and how they will prioritise the actions needed to solve it.

Despite this, the switch so far seems to be progressing.

New supplier has been in touch to say they have began the process and will progress the switch at the end of the cooling off period.

Here's hoping.

• 2 weeks later...

Geez. Is there no-one at SP who can think for themselves!!! Just because the computer says no doesn't mean that is the case.

I have to ask again as it's not that clear. Have you sent a written Formal Complaint? Has any verbal complaint been treated as such? How long has elapsed since the first complaint?

After 8 weeks with no resolution, you are entitled to go straight to the Ombudsman. While this process will take more time to sort the switching issue out, I can't see SP having a leg to stand on.

Do SP give any reason why the switch has been blocked?