Britannia parking ANPR PCN- Lydiard Fields, Swindon

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a 'Parking charge notice' from Britannia for staying over the 1 hour time.

This is the first time I have ever been charged in 3 YEARS as Costa themselves said before that the parking restrictions were not acted on.

The car park is based at J16 of the M4 and is shared with Subway, Greggs, Londis and Costa (+drive through). There is no option to pay for extra time or at all.

and I bet its not 1 hrs either more like 3 but they wont tell you that until you start digging.

so this was an ANPR capture?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

OK, I'm assuming that this was a windscreen tricket? If so, do absolutely nothing for now except tell us all about it.

It would help if you could copy/paste from this thread... http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket to this one with the relevant details filled in so that we have the information we need to help you.

Out of interest, how long are the parking company all alleging that the driver overstayed?

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

No it was ANPR capture through the post.

1) Date of the infringement - 8th April 2017

2) Date on the NTK- 13th April 2017

3) Date received- 19th April 2017

4) Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? No

5) Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6) Have you appealed? No

7) Who is the parking company? Britannia Parking

8) Where exactly [carpark name and town] Lydiards Field, Swindon

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under- BPA

is it local to you?

If so images of the signage woud be very useful.

Can you also contact Costa HQ and ask them about the arbitrary time limit for parking as it isnt one of the planning consent stipulations so where does it come from?

If it is as arbitrary as it seems they should instruct Britannia to cancel the charge as it is unlawful.

They may well tell you they are just tenants and cant influence the parking management but they can, they pay rent and they will hate it if they think they are going to lose custom because someone else has made decided how long their customers may spend money with them for.

You need to dress these points up nicely and use a letter not email as an email will just get forwarded to the waste bin of Britannia and they will tell Costa they have considered this appeal and informed you blah blah.

You want the store to take respinsibility so look up the CEO address and use pen and paper.

sign at entrance is not an offer of a contract, it is an "invitation to treat" and has no more legal standing than the "golf sale" signs held up by students in most large towns.

as for the other sign, you dont have to accept the conditions because of the first sign. You may be trespassing after an hour but that is for the alndowner

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

The overstay was 2 hour+ but I have been doing this for 3 years with no problem and know the majority of regulars do the same as costa have said it was no problem but now suddenly britannia are handing out charges!!

Any update on this? I'm in the same situation and not really sure what to do? Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Need to start a new thread

Of your own please.

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 5 months later...
What was the outcome?

No luck with appeals,

took it upon myself to ignore their correspondence.

Had two letters from a debt recovery company with typical threats,

not heard anything from them in a good few weeks now though,

they stopped calling and texting me as well.

Taking that as good news.