Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Your attachment was viewable in your first post.   Does the issue you mention with the wallpaper/slight stain really constitute a breach ?  Is it significant enough ?   The wallpaper was probably applied before the wall was properly dry.  But the other possibility, is that the tenants did not open windows regularly to ventilate the room.  It is important for windows to be opened or put into a vent position on a regular basis, to ensure that moisture is allowed out.   If the tenant had clothes drying in the house, with baths/showers being used etc, this may have helped cause the wallpaper peeling  and the damp stain.   Today has been a lovely Summer day in many parts of the UK, so the tenants may not be as quick to respond.  Same issue with replies to this site, so you might get other responses later.   The tenant is unlikely to try to pursue you for the matress or health issue they say is caused by a damp issue.  Unlikely to have sufficient evidence and their own actions may be the cause.   They are most likely deciding whether to complete work in the garden or not.   You are within your rights to hold onto the deposit for now, until the reasonable request to return property to pre let condition is completed.    
    • Oh Yorky, I'm so sorry you're still having trouble with your dad's hospital.   I can't believe they are still being so awkward, I sometimes think they (companies in general, not just hospitals) forget that we put ourselves through this stress and worry not because we want to, or even because we have to, but because we want what's best for our loved ones.   Their advice for you to deliver the form in person is at odds with the advice on their own website stating that visits have been suspended due to Covid. I mean, I would understand if someone wanted you to drop off clothes for your dad, but a piece of paper? Which could end up anywhere? That's... crazy.   I don't know if the following link is worth a try or whether you've been down this road, but the hospital website has details of all the consultants Consultants | North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust WWW.NTH.NHS.UK If you want to find out details of our hospital consultants and contact information you can search for them in our A-Z. obviously you'll know your dad's consultant name, but the phone numbers on there, are they ward ones that you've tried before or do they look different?   That said, even if you are more successful with that, definitely still get PALS and as much senior management on board as you can with a formal complaint. You shouldn't have to go to such lengths to get hold of the right people and for the right information, especially at such a stressful time.   You point out that you remember you're doing this for your brother and your dad, which is the best approach. I'm sure they, in their own way, know that you are pushing yourself and pushing the hospital for an outcome as you are is because of them.   I know it's easy for someone on the internet to say "look after yourself", "do this to help with stress" etc, but if you do feel you need extra help with dealing with your stress/worry, please don't be afraid to seek help from a doctor yourself. A "well" you is the best sort of support for your dad and brother.   I wish I could offer more support and I'm sure that if anyone else of the CAG community has any other suggestions, I'm sure they will come here and let you know.  
    • Ok update.  I have spent the last week or two, trying to get help from the Staff Nurses and Matron, regarding the Consultant or someone to have my dads lack of capacity documented, either their own paperwork or me sending COP3. I   they have informed the consultant looking after my dad, who at this moment is sounding very ill, with medical issues on top of delirium and confusion, he is apparently having blood transfusion bag things. not eating and drinking. I have even spoken to the consultants secretary to explain the urgent matter and to have the consultant contact over the last few days WITHOUT SUCCESS, conversion ended today with its a legal form can I take it into hospital personally, er..I dont drive and Im in Northampton, Hospital is Stockton on Tees.    the nurses cant help need to speak to consultant!!!!!!! conversation ended with well I will complain to PALS, GMC secretary of Health or whoever......reply was looks like it then?   I have just compiled a 3 page letter [well e mail one] sent to PALS, I will follow up with a written one and to whoever else I can contact.   I need this medical form before I can do anything else with court or appointee   anyone have any ideas cos Im now at my gasping point, wondering why the hell am I taking on all this stress and worry, then I think of my younger brother, and that reminds me why I am doing it and doing it for.
    • Second charge mortgage market returns to growth View the full article
    • You can't "take advantage of the discount period and argue later" if this means pay up at discount and then appeal.   Paying closes the case, at discount or otherwise.   Only time it doesn't is for removals.
  • Recommended Topics

  • Our picks

  • Recommended Topics

Got a Virgin TV box, hasn't even been turned on in months... How to proceed...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1514 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Afternoon all!


My girlfriend doesn't watch live TV, at all. That said she does have a Virgin set top box due to signing up for the tv/phone/internet package when she subscribed.


She also has no TV license, but hasn't ever told the TV license people that she doesn't watch TV.


I'm telling her to cancel the TV package and just fill in the form on the TV license website to say she doesn't watch TV and that will be the end of it.


She's worried that they will investigate and see she has been a Virgin TV customer for ages and ages and demand back payment for a TV license.


I'd really like to get this sorted as it's a big worry for her and she really doesn't need it at the moment.


How should we play it and what do you think she should expect to happen?

Link to post
Share on other sites

She may well find that a broadband & telephone package from Virgin to be a bit more expensive than the bundle. I'm in a similar position and returned the set top box to Virgin (and got a receipt for it). Don't have a TV licence, nor do I watch live broadcasts, but it doesn't stop the monthly letters from TVL or doorstep visits.


There is no legal requirement to fill out the online form informing TVL that a licence is not required. It won't stop the letters, it just means they have a name instead of the legal occupier.


If she genuinely does not watch the TV, then detune it, unplug the aerial, and ignore the threatograms from TVL.





No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It'll work out about a fiver cheaper a month (she'll be getting rid of the phone too). It's not so much about the money though, as removing the worry regarding the TV licensing.


I already know the answer, the TV license people will do nothing, but it would help convince her that what I'm suggesting is the right way to go and she has nothing to worry about if I had a few others chime in to confirm I'm right.


Thanks for your input!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my little "Chime in" for you.


I've no TV or licence, and haven't had for about fifteen years.


The TVL people have called about three or four times, but have only been here twice, when I was in.


I told them the situation the first time, and closed the door on them, and they walked away.


The second time, when I told him that there was no TV here, he made the mistake of attempting to walk in.


[paragraphs removed by site team]


Sit and laugh at 'em, they don't like it!



Edited by honeybee13
Suggestion of using violence

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

Link to post
Share on other sites

The letters are computer generated even if you have no Tv and you've informed them of the fact, the letters will still keep coming.

and you may still get a visit.



You are not legally obliged to inform them and as far as i'm aware they do not check with Virgin, Sky or BT.

If you do get a visit do not talk to them as they are trained to put words into your mouth it is your right to answer "no comment".

Do not give your name or they will use it to obtain a warrant.



You sound like they have intimidated you with the letter and thats exactly what the intention is.

They will claim you are streaming live TV on you laptop.

they will try to sell you a licence whether you need one or not,

but if you buy one you are admitting you should have had one.



If they try and come in ask them to leave despite what they tell you they have absolutely no right to enter your home without your permission


Crikey! you're not safe in your own home these days there should be a law against it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...