style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hubby is in a mess and subject to a DMP, however as he cannot afford to give me housekeeping and I have bailed him out in the past I am reaching the point where I am about to go under.

Hubby thinks bankruptcy is the answer for him as it will give him a fresh start. The issue is that we have a joint mortgage, albeit that the payments have been made out of my account ever since we bought the property, he hasn't contributed a penny to the mortgage and I have never missed/been late with a mortgage payment. (We brought the house in Jan 2004).

In the circumstances, could he be forced to sell our house if the debts are his personal ones? His thinking is that by stopping his DMP through bankruptcy he could afford to pay me for his keep which would mean I am ok. I would lose my job if had to become bankrupt.

Any comments welcome! Thanks!

I post on another site that is more specific to this sort of problem. There are a few people on there that will be able to give you some good advice. Take a look on Debt Help UK : Free debt advice and solutions, with debt consolidation | UK debt consolidation service with free help and advice and see if they can help.

Pam.

If anything I've said helps you then please feel free to tip my scales!

If he goes bankrupt you may well have to sell the house, if his name is on the deeds he owns half the house and the trustee will want his share of the falmily home. If there is little value he will wait in the background for a few years like a wolf.

Thanks for the replies. I think that bankruptcy is not an option and we will have to look at another solution.

My poor mum (in her 70's) wants to sell her house to give us half to help out. We've refused but god it feels grim when she even contemplates thats our best option!