BT tell me I need an SAR to get numbers I'VE dialled?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

About three weeks ago I rang BT to ask them for details of numbers I have rang during September/October, I explained that I needed them rather quickly. What has happened since is that I must have spoken to 6-7 different people, some promising that they will move heaven and earth in order to get me those numbers and, lately, that they have the numbers but are unable to give them me without an SAR. Inbetween all this, I have had to raise a complaint about two of the call handlers speaking very disrespectfully to me and, when I spoke to their supervisor, being told that whilst all customer services numbers are recorded, complaints handlers' calls are not.

Perhaps it's me,. but I am struggling to understand why I have to pay £10, wait potentially 28 days, all to get a list of numbers that I have paid BT good money to dial in the first place.

When I point out that I have chosen the option for itemised billing, I am told that this doesn't mean every specific number is itemised, just that my bills will be broken down in to International, Local, etc.

Any ideas if I am asking too much?

When I point out that I have chosen the option for itemised billing, I am told that this doesn't mean every specific number is itemised, just that my bills will be broken down in to International, Local, etc.

BT do four levels of itemisation according to their web site: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9470/~/can-i-see-itemised-call-details%3F

There are four levels of itemisation you can choose from for a paper bill:

• No Itemisation - This will put your calls into categories such as Local, National, International, but gives no individual call details.
  • Custom Itemisation - This is the level you'll have automatically. It will show all calls costing more than 50p (including VAT).
  • Fully Itemised (Summarised by Destination) - This will show total of calls made to each number within a call category.
  • Fully Detailed Itemisation - This will list all individual calls made, excluding calls that are inclusive due to a discount package, for example free evening and weekend calls.

Do you know what level you are paying for ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

wld've thought it wld be standard practice nowadays to list all calls in the bills.

some providers do auto within their rental.

do bt charge extra for doing so?