Switched Energy Supplier question - spark turned up at my door - should i switch?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I switched energy supplier, am on pay as you go thing with the key (electricity) and card (gas).

Someone at the door persuaded me, all fine, got a cheaper rate. Everyone here is fine with it because it's a cheaper rate.

Thing is I just live here, I don't pay any of the energy bills here and I told them this clearly. The previous contract wasn't under my name and am 100% sure a credit rating check would deny any other form of payment method lol.

Any pitfalls? This contract is under my name now. In the future if I or anyone else wants to change provider for this house, they can do so right (after the contract runs out)? Any new contract doesn't require me?

I can cancel the application at any time according to the email during the initial phase before they send me a new key/card. As I said it's not a big deal because everyone here is fine with it, but would like any input.

they shouldn't be doing that coldly at your door without invitation

nahe the company

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

lots of horror stories here about them.

https://cse.google.co.uk/cse?cx=partner-pub-0964707606882478:652l7hswbgv&ie=UTF-8&q=spark+energy+&sa=Search+CAG#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=spark%20energy&gsc.page=1

i'm sure they should not be doorstepping either

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I think you signed yourself up for a load of trouble. This is a company which seems to attract a lot of bad stories. Also, although you may be paying a higher rate, you weren't responsible if there were any problems/shortfalls et cetera.

Now you have made yourself the responsible person for everyone who lives in the house and uses the system.

If this is what you wanted – then that's what you've got.

Also of course there is the factor that as you are not party to the original contract, you have no authority to resile it to transfer to another contract – so technically speaking, the second contract should be invalid – although no doubt Spark Energy won't be particularly bothered about that.

There is no doubt in my mind that the new contract was mis-sold to you and also that you made a bad error of judgement getting involved – apart from the fact that you had no right to do it.

By the way, if you decide you want to cancel this, then make sure that you do it very clearly in writing and by recorded next day delivery.

You can be almost 100% certain that if you try to cancel over the phone, somehow or other the cancellation won't occur.

Frankly I think you're going to have some fun (not).

Sent them an email for now, but they also have an address and telephone number to contact them with.

You're in your cooling off period right now, so you can think about things before we order your supply. You can stop the process easily during this time by emailing your name and address to [email protected].
I'll ring them up if I don't get an email confirmation.

Have you read our customer services guide? Are you intending to call them without first implementing our advice there?

Is there anything that makes you think that a mere telephone call is can have more effect then a written email?

If you don't record your call then once again you are taking a huge risk.

You need to cover all your bases here and make sure that you have all the evidence that you might need if the cancellation doesn't actually occur.

Who is the owner of the existing account? It seems to me that you need to contact them and tell them that you have been tricked into switching suppliers even though you didn't have authority to do so. The owner of the account might be angry about it and you might feel a bit embarrassed – but I think that you need to do it.

Got an email reply for what it's worth.

Thanks for your email.

I have updated your account to show that you have decided to cancel your order.

Should you wish in the future to come to Spark, please contact us and we’ll be happy to take your supplies.

Have a lovely day.

Kind Regards,