less2303

Garmin Sat Nav purchased from Argos

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 836 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I purchased a £200 Garmin Sat Nav from Argos in August 2015. By April 2016 I was having problems with `Live Traffic` and updating maps via PC.

From that time until now I have dealt with Garmin direct due to the problems being of a technical nature. These problems have been pretty regular between then and now, resulting in sending units back at my expense and periods of up to two weeks at a time without a sat nav.

I work as a professional driver and rely on a good Sat Nav to provide a good service. After still having problems with another replacement unit sent out in March I stated that I no longer wished to continue with the constant problems and requested a refund.

Garmin are telling me my contract is with Argos and Argos are saying its out of its 12 month Warranty period so cannot do anything.

Under the circumstances stated, do I have any chance of a refund and if so who should I pursue?

Any advice would be appreciated.

do you have written evidence that you reported the fault first and when was this?

CRA is your friend

who did you pay argos

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Yes I have an e mail trail for everything connected to it. As above it was first sent back in April 2016.

sorry yes.

its outside 6mts so as long as you have some form of written evidence say from garmin that its faulty

then under the CRA argos are required to refund as its already been repaired/replaced once.

warranty makes no odds and is totally irrelevant

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

spreadsheets 

Thanks for that helpful advice.

This has been passed to Argos and the initial response from the CSA is still the same, so I have asked for the matter to be escalated to a formal complaint and `passed up the line`.

I will update further when I hear back :-)

Latest from Argos:

Unfortunately because the item is older 12 months old and we only have a 1 year warranty on all our products we wouldn't be able to honour a replacement or refund.

However if you were to take the item to say curry's and get an independent report done which will state whether the item has a definite fault.

If the item has a definite fault we will then be able to take further action and reimburse you for the report.`