style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Hope someone can help.

For Ctax 2016/17. I have been charged two fees the £75 and the £235. I'm not sure the £235 is correct as it was added three days after I started making payments, and without any entry into my home for control of goods etc. In fact when it was applied there was no mention of control of goods.

Could someone please clear up what the £235 charge should be for? - As it seems to have been added on incorrectly. I haven't spoken to the bailiff concerned yet as I wanted to check my facts before doing so.

The £75 is for when it is handed over to the enforcement company and they issue the notice of enforcement giving 7 days to come to a payment arrangement.

The £235 is charged when no payment arrangement has been made within the notice of enforcement period and the enforcement company have physically visited an address with a view to taking control of goods. They don't have to enter the house or take control of goods outside if you did not let them in. You still get charged £235, if they visited you and you agreed a payment arrangement without them taking control of goods on paper.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi, Hope someone can help.

For Ctax 2016/17. I have been charged two fees the £75 and the £235. I'm not sure the £235 is correct as it was added three days after I started making payments, and without any entry into my home for control of goods etc. In fact when it was applied there was no mention of control of goods.

Could someone please clear up what the £235 charge should be for? - As it seems to have been added on incorrectly. I haven't spoken to the bailiff concerned yet as I wanted to check my facts before doing so.

The advice from Uncle Bulgaria is spot on.

You say that the £235 enforcement fee was applied 3 days after you started making payments. Did you set up a payment arrangement within what is called the 'compliance stage' (this is the date given on the Notice of Enforcement by when full payment or a payment arrangement must be set up)?

Thanks guys - I must be getting confused with previous years - as I haven't had charges under the new regs before.

The bailiff visited and I made contact by phone and agreed a payment plan, I made the first payment as agreed and three days after this the £235 was added. Thik it might be correct then.

Thanks guys - I must be getting confused with previous years - as I haven't had charges under the new regs before.

The bailiff visited and I made contact by phone and agreed a payment plan, I made the first payment as agreed and three days after this the £235 was added. Thik it might be correct then.

I'm afraid to say that as the payment arrangement was made after the enforcement visit, the £235 fee is indeed correct.