Erudio New 14 day demand.

ecb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2519 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please can you advise.

Ive read through the other threads and the Erudio Sticky on here before posting. I can see DX has referred to more recent Erudio tactics in a post in March, but cant see the details of what they might be.

I took out my original loan in 1990 and have another from 1996.

I received a letter today from Erudio stating that they have recently sent me Notice of Sums in Arrears or I may have historical NoSiAs for arrears that fell due.

They want me to contact within 14 days and if I fail to do so it could lead to steps to default my account.

I dont earn over the threshold. I never have.

I deferred my loan with SLC.

Since Erudio bought them I havent completed a deferment form.

I will be 50 this year. I cant help wonder if this is a push to gain payment before that date.

What should I do.

Can I send copies of my wage slips - most people seem to mention sending bank statements in other threads.

Should I write in response to this or is it a standard letter?

If I do reach the ripe old age of 50.

Will I still owe the arrears as a separate debt or should they also be written off with the original loan amounts?

Thanks in advance for your advice on this.

when did you last defer or pay?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

when did you last defer or pay?

Thanks for the reply dx100uk.

I last deferred in 2014.

In 2009 I was advised by CAB to make a nominal payment of £1 per month on each of my loans (I also have a 1996/97 loan) because I was without any form of income.

This was set up as a standing order and paid to SLC.

I have continued pay this amount since then.

Ive realised that Im still paying for the 1990 loan which is over the 25years as stated in the T&Cs .

Have I further complicated this by making the payments? :|

yes. sadly.

what extremely poor advise from CAB.

why are you in 'arrears' who says so?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the reply DX100uk

Im not really sure about the arrears. Ive only been getting annual statements from them and not letters of this nature.

Should they still be pursuing me for a 1990 loan as its over 25 years?

Once I reach 50 can they still pursue me for this debt?

Are the arrears considered to be a separate debt to the original loan?

Whats my best course of action today?

They want contact within 14 days. I dont earn over the threshold.

Can I send copies of my payslips and a covering letter to defer as I see your advice is to not complete their deferrment form.

Thanks for the reply DX100uk

Im not really sure about the arrears. Ive only been getting annual statements from them and not letters of this nature. - then you have no arrears if the statements don't say so.

Should they still be pursuing me for a 1990 loan as its over 25 years? - they are a dca they will try and spoof anyone

Once I reach 50 can they still pursue me for this debt? - nope

Are the arrears considered to be a separate debt to the original - nope

Whats my best course of action today? - ignore them for now

They want contact within 14 days. I dont earn over the threshold. - its a threat-o-gram ignore for now

Can I send copies of my payslips and a covering letter to defer as I see your advice is to not complete their deferrment form.

if you think you need to

pers i'd let it run.

and they

For the debt write off at age 50, you can't have any arrears.

Suggest a subject access request to both SLC and Erudio. You need a complete record.

If Erudio have not sent deferment forms since taking the debt over, then i would question whether they are at fault. I thought that SLC sent these annual deferment forms and this should have continued with Erudio ?

You need to start writing out a record of how you have complied with the SLC loan terms since the start. I.e you have either deferred or been paying based on income. If info is missing hopefully the SAR's will reveal.

It might be worth writing to Erudio, just pointing out to them that you had been deferring with SLC as income was below threashold, but you have not received deferment forms from Erudio since they have taken over. That you are still earning below the threshold and can evidence income, so there should not be any arrears. The danger in not responding, is that at some point a court clsim is issued and that just means hassle later on.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for the reply.

For a period this was dealt with by CAB and they suggested the £1 payment.

If my loan has been deferred because Im not earning over the threshold

can they still apply arrears to the account,

say for example because I havent completed one of the deferment forms?

If I can provide work history for the full period that shows I have been under the threshold should the arrears be applied?

Or is that when you can pay but just dont?

where have these £1 payments been going.?

how have you been paying this

SO or DD

you issue will be 2 fold

you've been paying...under really bad advice from CAB.

so, as you were paying and should have been paying more than £1, you'll have stupidly thus ack'd the debt and thus created arrears by default too

and

you've not deferred, so again created arrears and defaulted.

as marked by the fact they have sent you NOSIA's

strange they say they are going to default you mind..

I bet it was defaulted years ago.

SAR to SLC.

I would not be kicking Erudio, they'll do what they want to regardless to any letter tennis you send them

what letters HAVE you had over the years from erudio..have you been getting nosai's?

or is this the first letter ever from them?

and they

Agree, that CAB advice has caused you to be in a wrong position. They should have told you to make sure that you completed deferment information, otherwise arrears based on assumed income would be added to your account.

You can probably still resolve this, but you need to get hold of information. If it is possible to confirm your income information for each year that you missed deferment, then these arrears might be removed.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 1 month later...

Me again. I would appreciate some gentle guidance on this and how to go forward...

I did send SAR request to both Student Loans and Erudio in April.

I have now received a reply from Erudio. Some 4 packages.

Pack 1 screenshots from account and glossary of terms.

Pack 2 coppies of outbound correspondence relating to account

Pack 3 in bound correspondence

Pack 4 copies of annual statements and remediation pack.

Lots of paperwork that is quite overwhelming. Im at a loss what to do, what im looking for or what to do next.

Where do I find the current earning threshold for my loans? I was talking to a colleague at work who said hers is 16k but Im sure thats less than I have previously seen on SLC deferment info.

My current levels of anxiety relating to this are making it very hard to get my head around. So any advice or guidance would be great, in the most simple terms possible please.

Ok, slow down, clear your mind. Get a piece of paper and pen out. Then concentrate on very basic information. Write it down in order, probably easiest by year.

E.g

Year you first took out loan

Then any other year you took out a loan.

Year you first had to start making payments or complete deferment form.

Then write down every year you believe you completed deferment for.

What happened in 2009 to make you gain advice from CAB to pay SLC £ 1 a month ?

What has happened since ? Write it down, as far as you know. If you never had letters from Erudio write that down.

You will end up with a long timeline list. Then you will ask yourself what information is missing i.e you need a copy of the original loan terms, so you know what the minimum income level was for repayments. SLC can provide this information.

Write down what information is missing and who you need to contact. If Erudio are asking for payment, ask them in writing for a full breakdown of their calculation and an explanation in writing.

It just needs you to think clearly that you just don't have the information and without it you can't proceed. If you write to Erudio, ask for information and say that you need to look into it further because you believe there has been an error, then Erudio should put it on hold.

and they