Cabot Showing on Credit Report

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2578 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In 2012 I went down the CCA road and defaulted with 2 credit cards, it was getting managed by a company called General Recoveries. They went bust so I'm dealing with it myself now.

In the last 2 years I received letters from Cabot who had taken over both accounts. I sent them CCA letters, they replied acknowledging debts would be unenforcable if they couldn't get the agreement etc.

Hadn't heard anything for a while and have recently checked my credit report as I was hoping to get a mortgage next year when it will be over 6 years since the original defaults. My score was fair on Experian and high on Equifax but I'm showing as being in default with Cabot from last year.

Can I be in default with them when I had no agreement with them? Will this last another 6 years? I moved house a few years ago so it's possible I haven't received some letters from them. Any advise or help would be fantastic. Thank you.

Only the original creditor can default you, not Cabot

What is the date of the default when it was registered on your credit file?

Hi, thanks for commenting. Equifax shows I defaulted on first card on 06/01/2012. It then shows Cabot taking it over and they updated it on 15/11/2015 and show it as defaulted.

I had a Mint card that defaulted on 27/03/2012. Equifax now shows that as paid but Cabot updated it on 06/10/2016 and show it as defaulted.

The first card was with Capital One and doesn't show on my Experian report. My Experian report shows I've been in default with Cabot for 6 months so that goes in with the Mint card.