Welcome finance pre 1999 ppi problems? help?

dread123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2080 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i had a HP agreement in novemeber 1998 for a car taken with welcome finance. Recently i thought i would try and find out if ppi was included. I was young and silly at the time but needed a car.

Through writing to WElcome -i have found out i did have PPI and what the premium was paid including the dates taken out and also a policy number. - all paid off i may add.

Welcome have stated they dont know who the underwriter is with?? i have contacted:

Aviva

Llyolds

in relation to this and both even after quoting policy number etc have denied being the underwriter?? I,m not sure who else to contact in regards? anyone else have any underwriters for arround that time that i can contact please?

any help would be appreciated. thanks

Do you have statements etc? Then you can just file a claim against welcome. Their problem to find the underwriter. Not yours.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

sorry no statements- i originally went through resolver website- welcome then sent me letter stating that they had no details on underwriter as it was before 2004? So icalled them -they gave me the policy number for the ppi and how much my premium was. Along with the dates of the agreement and my welcomde account number. Still no details on the underwriter- so i contacted 2 known underwriters whom advised its no them.

Unless you can get the statements through a SAR, which is an extremely long shot and doubtful youll get it given the amount of time thats passed, theres nothing more that can be done

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

why are you going after the underwriters have welcome said go away

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi hun I don't know about - car finance but they miss sold my loan and insurances luckily I had a refund through the finantial services compensation scheme they are currently paying out this moment for and behalf of welcome finance ring them and they will be able to tell you

you need a dsar (data subject access request ) under the freedom of information act you are requesting a full dsar you will have to phone welcome tell them that you are requesting a full dsar and they will tell you that you will have to send a cheque payment to welcome finance of 10.00 this gives you a copy of all the information about the sale of your policy who the underwriters are insurers everydetail the hold on the system will be provided to you they cant deny this because if they do you can report them to the ico - information commissioner you can still phone the ico.org.uk - because they are withholding information from you and this is against the law under the freedom of information act - you can report them for this but do ask for a dsar and then you will have the information that you need for your claim

so you need to

contact welcome and request a full dsar

phone finantial services compensation scheme and start your claim - they will probably have the information of the underwriters there because many people would have gone to them for welcome re- claim as I know they are paying out at this moment and still taking on welcome complaints .

and if you still feel that welcome are withholding information go to them you can speak to them in person and the website address I have given you they have a live chat option also . I hope it goes well and start tomorrow give them a call . these people will help you like they helped me .

SAR

as has been advised

noting to do with FoI act!!

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 year later...

just spoke to welcome they have no record of a car loan I had with them from 1997/8 - they state no records from my info from a garage I got the car from stating welcome they used in those days, my old address etc etc = Oh! well worth a try as I know I had PPI, but the underwriter thing was the comment would I know Who?? Dam Blast!

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

aviva [Norwich union] I will guess

ask them

and they

well they still state no records found referring to the DSAR they acknowledge receipt of:- I know it was welcome and the garage stated HP welcome for poor credit or lloyds for good credit I know it was welcome finance

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

who aviva?

and they

:lol::lol:

the track record with aviva and these old welcome loans is quite good.

dx

and they