BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Hi everyone    I received a ParkingEye claim form today that was issued on the 24/02/2020.   I'm not sure what info I need to upload on a parking charge claim form so I’ll upload the form and wait for instructions.    Any help much appreciated    Andrew      Claim Form.pdf
    • No worries I received a email yesterday from Lowell saying the following    Dear Mr,   My name is Rebecca and I will have conduct of your case.   I confirm that I am in receipt of your Defence, the contents of which have been noted.   You state that you do not recall having received a Notice of Assignment. I can confirm that a Notice of Assignment was sent to (Old Address that we moved out of in Nov 2017) on 25 March 2018, following our client’s legal acquisition of the account. A copy has been attached for your records.   On 31 January 2020 your request for the Notice of Assignment, Default Notice, Termination Notice and account statement was received.   A response was issued to you on 14 February stating that you statement had been requested from Three Mobile.   It was also stated that as your account was for a service agreement and not a Credit Agreement; it is not governed by the provisions of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. As such, there is no statutory requirement to complete and sign any such ‘agreement’ in order to obtain an account of this nature. Accounts of this type can be obtained by telephone, over the internet and by mail order and therefore, if no signed contract ever existed then it cannot be provided.   A Default Notice is a technical notice required by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 in certain circumstances in relation to Credit Agreements. As this debt does not arise from a credit agreement, and is therefore not regulated by that Act, no Default Notice or termination notice would have been sent.   Your account statement was forwarded to you upon receipt from Three Mobile, on 18 February 2020.   Having reviewed your account fully, I can see that this former Three Mobile account was opened on 5 November 2014. The number associated with the account was 000000000   The last valid payment received via card payment by Three Mobile was for the sum of £61.34 on 12 August 2015. The original balance of £820.45 comprised of an early termination fee of £685.87 and outstanding air time debt of £134.58   Due to non-payment the service was terminated and legally assigned to our client. It is our client’s position that you are liable for the outstanding balance.   Should you be amenable to reaching a settlement, please contact me at this email address within 14 days with any sensible proposals you may have, that will be repaid over a reasonable time frame.  Payments can be made: On our website - https://lowellsolicitors.co.uk/. Please confirm the reference of your account in order for the payment to be allocated correctly. By bank transfer to our Bank Account (Natwest, Sort Code: 60-00-01, Account Number: 39543749 and Payment Reference: 316493279) Calling us on 0113 335 3338 and making the payment over the telephone.   Upon payment/ agreed settlement being received in cleared funds, we will notify the Court the case has been settled and close the account. By doing so, it will prevent a CCJ being registered in your name.  Should we fail to reach an agreed settlement, our client may instruct us to proceed to a hearing where a County Court Judgment may be entered against you. A CCJ if awarded will be listed on your credit file for 6 years and have a detrimental impact on your ability to obtain future credit. If you are at all unclear, we recommend that you seek independent legal advice. Free legal advice is available from the Citizens Advice Bureau.    I look forward to hearing from you.  
    • your defence is not due till day 33.   I suggest you now spend so time reading the other erudio claimform threads here to get upto speed on things and what comes next. use our custom google search box that comes up after hitting our top squares logo for erudio claimform.   dx  
  • Our picks

Jennyren1984

Partner bought used car from dealer. Within 30 days crank shaft went costing £1500. Dealer agreed to pay half.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1061 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My partner bought a vehicle for £2650 from car dealer with no warranty on 7th March 2017. On 25th March 2017 the bottom end crank shaft went and we had to be towed. The garage said the work is minimum £1500 and we've shopped around and nowhere can do it cheaper. The car dealer said that is an extortionate amount for what needs to be done and has agreed to pay half. Leaving us to find £750 to pay for the rest. My partner is about to agree to it as he feels he's had enough stress with it but we're having our first baby this year and really can't afford it.

Is there anything we can do? Do we have the right to fight?

How was the car paid for?

We could use your help

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.

If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback :)

You have the right to a refund within the first 30 days.

"Under the Consumer Rights Act you have a legal right to reject goods that are of unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described, and get a full refund - as long as you do this quickly.

This right is limited to 30 days from the date you buy your product. After 30 days, you will not be legally entitled to a full refund if your item develops a fault, although some sellers may offer you an extended refund period."

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

How was the car paid for?

Debit card. My partner doesn't own a credit card, although we are aware we are more secure using one...

Your best bet then is to go down the route as suggested by Migster, but, as you only have 30 days, you'll need to act fast.

We could use your help

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.

If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback :)