Ruth vs NatWest - not sure what next??

msrlmoss
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone have any idea what timescales I'm looking at now, and what's likely to happen next? :confused:

I put on my AQ that I didn't want to go to court any time two weeks either side of May 27th 'cos that's my EDD, I'm just paranoid that I won't hear anything until near the time I'm due! :eek:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The AQ dates that you have given them are fine. The timescales depend on the individual court and the workload that they have.

I can assure you that if you mentioned pregnancy on the AQ they will avoid any dates within several weeks either side of your EDD as delivering babies in court isn't really a goer and as natural as it may be - nor is breastfeeding. You could probably write to the court and extend the "unavailable" window cos lets be fair, babies come when they are ready not when you expect them.

That said - look after baby - you won't be going to court.

Advice given is either my experience or my opinion and is given without liability. If in doubt, consult a qualified professional.

If you PM me for advice I will only reply in your own thread

Never under estimate your ability. I won over £17,000!

For the full story - look here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/17630-thecobbettslayer-NatWest.html

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to be a right royal pain but I am starting to panic now. I've heard nothing from the courts about a date, and it's ages since I sent off my AQ! Should I phone the court do you think? How long does it normally take from sending back the AQ until getting a date? Arrgh!

It certainly wouldn't hurt to phone the court.

It does seem to vary between claims on what timescale they settle at, but you are certainly at the latter stages now so shouldn't be too long.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

• 3 weeks later...

Well for the last two days, I've been on the spend! Yes that's right ladies and gentlemen, buying much needed baby equipment and stuff for the nursery.

With what money?

Well, with money from NatWest.

So far so good, you're thinking.

Well, not quite.

I got a letter directly from NatWest, offering to pay a "goodwill gesture" of £2011. The bank charges, essentially. Well given that only a few weeks ago I'd been told by the courts that I wouldn't get a hearing until May, and with a baby on the way, and me getting bigger and bigger, I'm afraid I caved in and accepted the money. I did think for a moment about holding out until they paid the charges and the court costs, about £220 all together, but with a baby on the way and we hadn't even bought half the essentials and with me due in four weeks and not even enough to put in a hospital bag?

Well, I accepted.

So far so good; the money came through and I have been stocking up on essentials with a list of a few things left to spend (including a donation, of course, to this lovely site!), and yesterday I sent a letter to the court to cancel my claim, copying in Cobbetts.

Except that this morning I went to the sorting office, on the first day of my maternity leave, to pick up a special delivery that had arrived while I was still in work, from about two days ago.

In it was a letter from Cobbetts and a cheque, for the full amount of the charges, plus the court fees. :eek:

So what on earth do I do now?

I sincerely doubt I could get away with cashing the cheque as well, even though it does seem to be a case of the "left hand not knowing what the right hand's doing", because a letter is either on someone's desk at Cobbetts, or winding its way there now, to say that I've already been paid.

And also, throughout all this, all I wanted back was my bank charges. I'm not dishonest and would actually feel guilty if I did that and ended up with two lots of money. Not to mention the fear of being found out!

But an extra £200-odd quid in the court fees? That's gonna come in handy!

What do I do?

Do I sent the cheque back to Cobbetts and miss out on the extra £220?

Do I cash the cheque, then send NatWest a cheque via Cobbetts for the £2011?

What should I do next?

Oh, and - hey, it worked! I got my bank charges back! :) Thanks everyone!

msrlmoss

i have read something similair before on this site and the advice then was unfortunately that you should send the second cheque back - they will invariably 'find out' when you least expect/need it

perhaps a site helper could err.....help? maybe send them a message directly

congrats on the cheque btw and imminent baby

Sod