• Tweets

• They don't need to force the issue in court. Even though the IVA is officially terminated, HSBC will not release the PPI payment until the IVA provider confirms it holds no interest in the payment. And the IVA provider is already claiming it does have an interest. The likelihood is that HSBC will give the PPI payment to Creditfix and it will then be up to Jacksmyboy to make a claim for the money.
    • as you say the v5c is not in your name the car legally is nothing to do with you then and not your problem. hope the garage has got it insured...
    • Possibly not...thats for you the claimant to calculate the settlement figure as of that date of payment.
    • Hi hoping someone can help please. My husband sold yesterday his quad bike. It's been laying in the garage for 18 months and due to ill health,  was the main reason for selling.    The quad was put through it's MOT the previous day and passed. I advertised it and it generated a lot of interest. The only problem it had I put in the ad. The speedo was not working.    Viewings were yesterday and the potential buyer wanted to test it. Unfortunately the disc lock was on when he tried to reverse which resulted the disc brake coming off. My husband tried to remedy it but said it may take hour or so. The buyer agreed to come back with the money later which he did with a mechanic.    The problem wasnt sorted and there was a lot of swearing as the buyer wanted it. The mechanic told him to wait to see if could be fixed.   They went off and came back within the hour but the job was proving a tough one.  He still wanted the quad and it was agreed we would message once it was sorted.  The weather took a turn for the worst with heavy rain so the job was put on hold til it stopped.    Later that day the buyer messaged to see how things were going. I said he may have to collect today due to the weather. As it turns out the rain stopped and job finished.   We had planned to go out but my husband was too tired so i messaged to say it was fixed. He came to collect it with his Dad. It was tested 3 times by himself and his Dad all happy.   The paperwork complete and money handed over, although we knocked another £20 off for fuel plus £10 he said he lost somewhere between his pocket and my hand.  It was put in the van I dont think secured hubby said. Less than hour later he messages to say it not working starter motor had gone?   Hubby went through few things but he said still not working but horn and lights were. Was getting a little annoyed as it was working when it left here and he was happy. Hubby suggested charging battery which was new. I asked him to return it but he says he cant until monday as he has no transport.    Today hes messaged. Hes charged battery up and says its just cutting out so hubby is going to look at it now to see whats wrong. 
    • most of the debts appear to be very old and have been sold to DCA's so the OC cant off set them . knightsbridge and their latter co-horts creditfix as well as the PPI reclaimers all stem from the same 'pot' of people and ex-employees etc of one firm or another and were/are only ever out to line their own pockets . we've never seen these force an issue like this to court and I doubt they ever will. it would expose their dirty dealings toward customers too much . terrible set of companies, sadly most of these IVA firms are the same.  
  • Our picks

• Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
sam1234

Emex/Nationwide mortgage charges

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 808 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have a problem with E-Mex/Nationwide.

I sent them a letter (template from this site) asking for unfair charges to be refunded.

Took the mortgage out 10 years ago (interest only) and have now just sold.

a few years into the mortgage i got into difficulties and they served a possession on me which I managed to get suspended. Since then the account has been up to date arrears paid up etc

The charges on the account however, total nearly £5000 all of which consist of DD charges and solicitors fees of £2000.

I received a letter from Nationwide saying that they had reviewed these charges and would be refunding £800 to my account.

I called them and they try to side track you saying that Emex levied these charges etc but they have made a gesture and think thats fair.

When I challenged them on the £2000 solicitors fees from as they put it third party companies, I was told that I could not see them as this was a transaction between Emex and their own third party solicitors!

One of the issues that created these charges were caused by the fact my wife paid it every month by way of Bank Transfer and although the money hit their account instantly, they said it could take up to 7 days to find its way to our account. Which meant we would be in arrears.

I dont know really where to go with this? any help greatly appreciated

did you do a spreadsheet and calculate the full value of what they owe you?

I wouldn't ever be ringing them

they'll simply fob you off

you can also reclaim the arrears fees and letters fees

debt management etc

have you all the statements?

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Yes, I think that you need to give a more detailed breakdown.

In particular, can you tell us about the late payment charges. How many of them were there and how much was each one?

What did it all add up to?

How badly were you in arrears without the charges?

If you can say that the arrears were essentially caused by unfair charges then I think that you won't have too much difficulty in establishing a case for unfair treatment.

However, you will have to be much more detailed about the position.

Have nationwide actually refunded the £800? If so, have you signed anything

Also, as suggested above – you should not be phoning anyone but if you do then you should first of all read our customer services guide and implement the advice there.

This is essential when dealing with any company

i haven't accepted anything from them just called and questioned their reasoning behind their decision. told them I wasn't happy with this and would be writing to contest. I have all the statements and just running out onto spreadsheet. There's a lot.

I was 4 months in arrears and repaid all outstanding debt. charges with solicitors cost £4,947.