Marbles Credit Card Review

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2555 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Finally ditched my Vanquis card. Been with them for three years with a 3 k credit limit. Even though never missed a payment they would not reduce the APR. Wait for it, 59.9% APR.

Anyway got a Marbles card this morning, 33% APR.

Only £300 credit limit to begin with but not worried. That will increase quite quick like Vanquis no doubt

Anyway, what are peoples views on Marbles as a credit card provider?

Marbles dont increase as often as vanquis do, always paid marbles on time, sometimes well above minimum oayment but only had 1 increase in 18 months.

Vanquis have increased on 4 occasions in same time period.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

why get these cards?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

For some, standard credit cards are simply not an option.

For me personally, assuming i dont hit any more brick walls beforehand, i would not qualify for a standard credit card until at least aug 2018 when the last of my defaults finally drops off. Not that that alone is any guarantee of acceptance.

For now i have no other choice after divorce left me unable to service the accounts i had back in 2008.

The knowledge, to answer the question has been gleaned from years of being with CAG and learning our rights as consumers and putting them to good practice.

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

marbles well there you go 33+% ???? well on sign up but after ticking to agree get to T&Cs after signing and you find it more like 44% (Unfair contracts come to mind) then ring to question it and told it states that allocation (small print) once issued = That is an unfair contract??>??

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

With me APR is not an issue as also have a Capital 1 card. Just like Vanquis settle in full each month. The primary use of the cards is the positive markers with the credit agencies

Ditched Vanquis as they simply would not negotiate the APR. So stuff you will take my business to another provider. Shame really as never had any probems within three years and they have been good to me.

the bad news is that when you owe very little on the card and pay it off each month your credit score goes down as you are not that attractive to a card issuer. They would prefer it if you paid off half rather than all of it, if you only pay the minimum they think you are skint so that hammers your score as well.

My score has always been low. Got rid of my last default 3 years ago and my score has never changed. Never been turned down with any credit applications though. Credit scores are a money making racket in my opinion as you are judged on each credit provider on your standing and current credit record status

Couldn't agree more about credit scores being a racket.

Paid an account off few months ago, clearscore score dropped by 25%, 2 months later it rise by 25%, nothing else had changed.

In the same time noddle increased by 5% to start then dropped 15%, again there was no reason for this, other than i paid an account of in full.

Scores seem to go up and down like a fiddlers elbow without reason.