BankFodder BankFodder

B_B19

MBNA - No Default Notice served when on DMP

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1065 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have just been reading through this thread and found, it is a very similar situation as I have.

I entered a dmplink3.gif in March 2009 and one of the accounts included was an MBNAlink3.gif CC.

The account was never defaulted but marked with a dmplink3.gif marker.

The account was paid in full and closed in June 2013, so consequently as no default notice was served the account is still being reported on my credit file.

I have contacted Moorgate as they purchased the debt to request the removal of the account and they referred to MBNA who refused to do so.

I then raised a complaint with the ICO who advised that although their guidance at the time was that a default notice is served as nominal payments were agreed, they have to use their most up to date guidance and as the account did not meet that criteria they would not do anything further.

I have also written to foslink3.gif who have now replied to say that as the incident took place over 6 yearslink3.gif ago they are unable to investigate the matter without MBNA consent, which has been refused.

I think my only remaining option is to start legal proceedings under the DPA unless anyone else has any advice?

is the account bal now £0 on the credit file?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

Yes that's right zero balance and marked as settled.

then its not harming your score

My concern is that although it is over 3 years old now it won't stop me from getting a mortgage it may cause me being landed with a higher interest rate.

shouldn't do

mortgage searches on your file don't show the history of the debt

all it does is looks for non negative balance and no defaults

if its marked as settled and £0 cant hurt you.