• Tweets

• The FCA has publicly censured Premier FX Limited (Premier FX) for failing to safeguard its customers’ money and for misuse of its payment accounts under the Payments Services Regulations. In doing so, Premier FX seriously misled its customers about the services it was authorised to provide and how it held customers’ money. View the full article
    • I have sent a response to quote that and also say that i will be submitting my already prepared claim to the county court   Thanks for the quick response! I will see what happens next
    • The High Street-only retailer says it has lost £1.1bn in sales due to the recent lockdown. View the full article
    • Ignore it.   Or,   If it were me I would send in the following email  
    • Below is the response i have received to the emailed version of the letter of claim.  They should get the actual letter today       Thank you for contacting our Executive Office team. My name is Gavin and your email has been received and I have personally been asked to investigate this matter for you.   I’m very sorry this has happened, and I would really like to help you with this today by assisting you in making a claim, should you wish to do so.   I can see that this parcel was booked through Packlink Shipping. Packlink use our network to send their parcels through, but they are an independent shipper and any enquiries about their parcels need to go directly to them.   Here is the link to the Packlink website and claims department: https://support-ebay.packlink.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360014270619   You can also make contact with Packlink with the links below.   • eBay Delivery Help Center: https://support-ebay.packlink.com/hc/en-gb • Packlink Help Center: https://support.packlink.com/hc/en-gb   I hope this helps you to get your Packlink enquiry resolved.   Kind regards,        
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

Blemain finance (now together money) charges help!

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1425 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I took out a Blemain finance loan back in 2005 for £16.913.00 , secured against my property (it was actually a refinancing of a previous loan with First National Home Finance) .

I sold my property in Jan 2012, both the mortgage and the Blemain loan were paid off.

The interest on the loan was 12.2%

The final redemption payment to Blemain was for £23,253.36 in Jan 2016 and this was paid in full.

I got the SAR from them

i have a break down off all the charges.

Through out the loan I did have money problems,

looking at the breakdown of my account there is quite a number of late payments.

There's just a few things I could do with help on:-

Over the period of the loan I've been charged for:

Letters = £30 - £35

Visit = £100

telephone charge = £30 - £35

Monthly charge - arrears = £33 - £46

Dishonoured Receipt = £30 - £35

Default Notice = £50

Buildings Insurance = £85 - £184

Buildings Insurance Block policy Charge = £16

legal costs = £282

application to suspend legal action = £13

settlement figure fee sent to 3rd Party= £30

Court preperation fee = £53

court hearing fee = £13

land registry copies =£4

online issue fee = £100

Issue warrant for possession = £18

collections instruction = £176.25

Legal fees to HMCS = £150

Post - Legal monthly Charge 2 = £130 - £215

I did get close to getting the house repossessed twice, which is why i had to sell it quickly and under the market value.

Some of the above were charged multiple of times, others just a few,

All in all the total charges come to £5,865.50

plus there was a Broker fee at the start for £1,500 (this is not included in the £5,865.50)

1) I can't remember who I approach to get the loan, It could have been Blemain directly.

£1500 seems an awful lot,

do I need to speak to Blemain about that as it seems excessive.

2) Which of the above charges can I try to claim back for?

bearing in mind they did attempt to take me to court a few times fir monies owed,

this was during the time I was trying to sell my house as i couldn't afford to live.

3) I have downloaded the CIsheet (compoundinterest calculator) and entered all the charges.

Bearing in mind the loan interest rate was 12.2% APR what % do I put in the interest rate (Apr) column, is it the APR of the loan which was 12.2%?

I take it the sheet automatically works out the 8£ compound interest rate in the final column.

4) Is there a letter template to try to claim back these unfair charges from Blemain

Any advice would be grateful

Regards

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I'm sorry you haven't had any replies yet. I've flagged your thread for the site team to see if someone can help. Please bear with us. :)

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?296108-Hot-news-for-anyone-who-has-suffered-mortgage-arrears-charges-irresponsible-lending-or-other-unfair-lender-conduct

you use the CISHEET but you cant reclaim legal nor broker fees

use their apr in cell d15

you should set the claim to date as the date you settled it.

you are entitled to 8% stat int using the statint sheet from that total on that settlement date.

reclaim letter is in the mortgage section of the library.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I'm sorry you haven't had any replies yet. I've flagged your thread for the site team to see if someone can help. Please bear with us. :)

My best, HB