Help with harlands!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi CS,

You should know a few things from all the other threads here :-

1. CRS are just Harlands, wearing another hat. They pretend to be 2 separate entities but they're one and the same.

2. Harlands/CRS take every opportunity to add their (unenforceable) admin charges. But that doesn't mean you need to pay them !

3. They ignore letters and offers to pay and simply keep repeating the same boring stuff - "Pay up or it'll cost you more and more."

Never mind swearing about them - read other threads and see that ignoring them is the simplest option.

If you want to be more pro-active, you can take Harlands to court to get them to back off and maybe pay damages for harassment. See my post here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?476917-Harlands-CRS&p=5031189&viewfull=1#post5031189

And this short thread - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?478068-Harlands-the-best-way-to-do-it-(in-my-opinion)(1-Viewing)-nbsp

So, in response to your Q above, "What do I do ?" - you do one of 2 things - Ignore or litigate.

Also, you can complain to The CMA and Trading Standards about Harlands and their harassing tactics.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

do you wanna get mugged?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

They now sent another letter this time saying the same thing about they want to reach a solution and if I don't pay the account balance of £133 they would write a formal letter giving final opportunity to pay then it failed issue proceedings to county court.

And they would take me to Court.

What do I do getting worried now

Should I send Another letter saying I will pay £16 but no admin fees and this time explain I am not paying by phone rather I need your bank details?

Edited by Captainshazam

no you read the letter properly

it DOESNT say WILL anything .

dx

and they

doesn't say WILL anywhere

threat-o-gram...

and they

Hi CS,

Please read post #27 again.

You've already made an offer to pay Harlands and they failed to accept.

So now you ignore them and their empty threats.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi just as a question

I have a receipt of posting along with a picture of another receipt of posting which I can't find

I have a picture.

All the letters were hand written and I didn't make copies does this matter?

nope ignore them

dx

and they

Hi CS,

I note what you say but PLEASE, in future, keep copies of any letter you send and copies of any Proof of Posting.

If YOU can't do letters on a PC or laptop, get a friend or relative to do them and keep/print copies. Or at least take a copy if you have to send a hand-written letter.