HMRC debt just setup payment plan with Pastdue - they could see my withheld mobile number.

nicolee2931
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2585 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I had a rather disturbing experience today and was wondering if the issue is widespread amongst DCAs.

I contacted a company called PastDue, regarding a debt with the Inland Revenue. I'm not going to beat around the bush whether I owe it or not, because the fact is simple I owe it and it needs to be paid.

I called to setup a payment plan and after going through income and expenditure my offer was accepted.

However at the start of the call after confirming my details. I said to the agent I was recording the call which she said was fine, however she asked if she could add my mobile number which she said had flashed up on Caller ID, I replied and said what number my Called ID is blocked and she confirmed she could see it and read it back to me. I had definitely blocked my number and I tested it before I called with my landline and it came up Witheld.

I asked her kindly not to make a note of it but she refused, I said if I wish for privacy then I should be entitled to it as I'm disabled and don't need harassment from DCAs.

It took the efforts of a manager to remove it after complaining but still the manager could see the number on my call.

I have since spoken to O2 my network operator and they have confirmed my number was blocked on the call and the only flag enabled was 1st line emergency services such as 999, 112 and 101.

So guys has this been heard of before and what can be done about it as I feel my right to privacy has been invaded.

Nicole you've been here long enough to know never to ring a DCA

why did you do it?

DO NOT PAY A DCA ON AGOVT DEBT

they have absolutely NO POWERS WHATSOEVER.

deal with HMRC directly

cancel the deal NOW

don't pay them ever

HMRC will not get a penny of that money

have you given past due your card number?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Report it to the ICO, as if you block the number using your network operators services, then the DCA is using phone software to unblock numbers.

Ideally you would need something in writing from 02 confirming the call made did block your number and that the receipent of the call should not have been able to access the number.

I don't think it is legal for companies to unblock numbers in this way and the ICO is best placed to look into this.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Why are you paying pastclue on a government debt??

STOP, and pay HMRC direct.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I've cancelled the arrangement and told PDCS if HMRC have beef with myself then the liaise with myself.

In the mean time I'll send HMRC a SAR as we were only sent the alleged balance from HMRC in November 2016, its not an old debt by any means.

I'll also send PDCS a letter and a copy of the SAR instructing them the account should be returned to HMRC and confirmation our arrangement is cancelled.

In hind sight I should have known better to contact the PDCS, but my hubby is very wary of anything to do with the Inland Revenue, even DCA's associated with them.

10/10!!

and they

did PDC get a card number out of you?

and they

Not a chance, I stay well clear of Continuous Payment Authority transactions.

Although out of interest Barclays do now allow you to cancel CPA arrangements quite easily, my sister had an issue with Sky and they had set up a CPA on her Sky account, and Sky would not cancel the CPA without my sister agreeing to Direct Debit. However one quick call to Barclays and they sent out a form for her to sign and sent back and bang CPA stopped instantly leaving Sky very frustrated..... I believe if you go into a Barclays branch and sign the paperwork there and then they stop them right away.