• Tweets

• Just what to ensure i submit correctly      1 The Claimant's claim was issued on (insert date). Question is this the date the loan was taken out    2 The Defendant contends that the Claimant's claim so issued is a claim in contract and is statute barred pursuant to the provisions of section 5 of the limitation act 1980.  If, which is denied, the claimant contends that the Defendant is in breach of the alleged contract, in excess of 6 years have elapsed since the date on which any cause of action for breach accrued for the benefit of the Claimant. .  3 The Claimant's claim to be entitled to payment of £521.50 or any other sum, or relief of any kind is denied.
    • Guys just to let you know. Chasing these claims is more out of the principle for me. Truly value the help CAG give and provide. Admire the reassurance and advice you give, especially to those in desperate need. Will be looking to donate a significant portion of the final claim. 
    • well I'm afraid that you have missed the main principle which is why should you pay more in order to insure them against their own breach of contract?    This is the confidence trick which all courier companies seem to be practicing against their innocent customers and it's been going on for years.   Follow the link to the piece on extended warranties and you will understand more about how you've been conned into giving up some of the value of your own property because they have breached their contract towards you and lost the item. It is Hermes who should be insuring against their own negligence and their own contractual breaches.   Hermes should not be relying on their customers to protect them against their own contractual breaches. That is the principle that you should be be attempting to defend and unfortunately you appear to have surrendered it.  
    • great stuff. i will continue to lurk and help with any currys pcw related items i can. bare in mind i no longer work for the company any things may change in the future as far as processes.   id personally never buy anything samsung after having had to call their useless customer service for the past few years. they dont deserve your money
    • Hi,    Not sure if I have the right place but a lot of questions seemed to be answered really well so I will try and tap the available knowledge.   I am a student mental health nurse in my second year and have run into a problem regarding my licence.   At the start of June I had a bipolar episode that finished, declared by my psychiatrist on Oct 6th.   I am fine with this (as you can be) as it has happened every 5 years for the past 20 years.   The time previous to this I took my car off the road and did not inform the DVLA and then when my psychiatrist "indicated" it was ok I drove.   This time because I wanted to do it right because I am trying to "do it right" I contacted the DVLA and just wow.   They told me the date was to be the 29th November to start my 3-month ban and that I was to send back my licence and re-apply after those 3 months.   Can I ask a question or two about this information???   Why did they start my 3-months on the 29th Nov when my doctor told me I was completely fine on the 6th Oct - It has added a huge amount of time onto my ban (7 weeks approx).   Is there anything I can do about this? It's like they picked a future random date out of the air(29th Nov).    Can I get them to go with my doctor's 6th Oct if I ring up and tell them this is the date she chose (she chose to declare me ill on one day, why do they ignore the date I was well?)   Should I ring them up and if so, what should I say?   Also on the re-application papers sent out there is a section that says:                                                    "where there has been a history of frequent relapses a longer period of stability will be required..."   Honestly, this terrifies me. What is the time they count as "frequent relapses?"   Is it every 2 or 3 years, or 5?    If it is 5 years and  I fall under that banner say, what are they going to say to me? A 6 month absence?  A year?   It's pretty scary stuff to be honest.   If you can reply, can you be sure to give me the correct info if you can.   I thank you for your time in advance,   All the best, ste.
  • Our picks

Saj33

Lowell Claimform - old vanquis credit card debt***Claim Dismissed***

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 681 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I apologise, it must have deleted the page whilst i was editing the document to remove personal details. The page with my signature is there i can upload if you want?

Is there anything i should be worried about?

What is the best way in your opinion on how to approach the witness statement in court?

Could someone remove the attachment please i will upload once i have removed personal details

already hidden

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

I apologise, it must have deleted the page whilst i was editing the document to remove personal details. The page with my signature is there i can upload if you want?

:roll:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

We had a thread quite recently Saj33 with this crew getting their claim dismissed on the grounds that their "Claimants case management " screen shots were irrelevant and not proof from the originating creditor.......you didn't enter into an agreement with Lowell ...so their self created case management prints are irrelevant.

If it was Vanquis screen shots and customer data...that would be a different matter.

Perhaps DX can recall and locate the thread.....think it was a catalogue debt?

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

buzzzzzzzz...........working.........

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

still no agreement with sig part saj?? [you can blank your sig but not the date]

spreadsheets 

nope whatever case it was eludes my expertise..........

dx

spreadsheets 

doc in post 79 updated with missing signature page of CCA

why is the OC's sig etc been pasted in over the top? [page 12]

was that them or you?

spreadsheets 

That was them, the only thing i altered on that page was my signature. Does the pasted signature look odd?

yes it doesn't belong there

so another reason to throw the whole thing in to doubt over the 'true copy' of the ORIGINAL AGREEMENT

and its T&C's

I believe if you go look at other vanquish claimform threads with docs.

the T&C's also have the borrowers name and address up the top

your all just say us and you the borrower.

smells to me that the whole lot is a cut n paste jobbie by lowells designed to try an fool you and the judge.

spreadsheets 

Hi,

Just preparing for my hearing tomorrow, thank you for all your help.

I will let the judge lead the hearing, so far i will argue the following:

1) lowell have failed to provide the original agreement and they have confirmed the exhibit in the witness statement is an application and not an executed agreement. The agreement looks to be pasted ( evidence of signature pasted over).

2) Lowell have failed to comply with the order

3) The screen shots showing transactions are irrelevant as it is not proof from the originating creditor.

4) I do remember having a vanquis account but i do not recognise the account number or the transactions listed in the witness statement.

Is there anything else i should mention?

I am going through various threads for now.

getting there keep going

spreadsheets 

The only other thing i have noticed is the default letter and the notice of assignment from the original creditor do not have any logos, they are not the original letters.

I have never entered into an agreement with lowell, if lowell have purchased the debt, they should have all the supporting documents.

I do remember gaining an vanquis account however i do not remember any balance remaining on the account.

Lowell have failed to comply with the order and failed to respond to my cpr 31.14 request, lowell have had enough time to gain the documents requested.

Not sure what else i can say in my defense?

well def hark on about that supposed signed agreement sheet

there something funny going on there with that pasted signed on behalf of vanquish box.

certainly backs up your whole story that its a cut n paste jobby

and that the T&C's are just filing cabinet copies without you name and address anywhere on them.

also, point out the bit in their WS whereby they state you admit to having the card

you didn't say that..

point out the exact wording from your defence.

watchout for them wanting a little chat

before you go in

smile and politely tell them to .....

spreadsheets 

Thank you dx.

I am done researching so will go with everything i have stated above.

Best of luck for tomorrow Saj33...update your thread...good or bad.

Andy

I am the courts, just awaiting the hearing.

The solicitor took me into a room and tried to talk to me and i said you do know what happens at a small claims court

i said yes and there is nothing else to talk about then left the room.

Its a win!!!!:)

The judge questioned the order and why the claimant did not provide all the documents as per the order, the claim was denied on that basis.

I did not speak at all but as i was leaving the judge did say i was very lucky :)

:thumb: Thread title amended to reflect the outcome....well done.

Regards

Andy