Norwich Traffic Control PCN - No Permit - bit I purchased one and clearly displayed it on my dashboard. **CANCELLED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2579 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I have received a letter from this company stating that I did not display a valid permit in a college car park whilst attending an event.

I did have a parking ticket from the machine which was clearly displayed on my dashboard.

The letter includes a photograph of my car but from a distance and simply showing that my car was parked in the car park.

I have written the following. Before I send it, is this OK?

I write to appeal against the parking charge notice as detailed above.

I attach a copy of the parking ticket I purchased and clearly displayed on my dashboard.

The photographic evidence you have supplied does not show the dashboard clearly and so does not show whether the ticket was or was not clearly displayed.

I was attending a event at the college and was not advised that I needed anything other than a valid parking ticket in order to park my car, which I have provided to you.

dont write anything yet,

tell us more about the letter.

Did you get a ticket on the car beforwe the letter?

What was the date of the parking event,

what was the date you got this letter?

These are critical to know as the parking co has to follow protocols of the POFA to get any money legally.

Do you still have the permit?

Was it issed on the day or somehting that you were sent before the event?

Thanks for the reply. In answer to your questions...

There was no ticket left on the car

The date was 14th March 2017

Got the letter 25th March 2017

It wasn't a permit. It was a Pay and Display Car park and I have the ticket

Thanks

Hi

NTC are members of the IPC and as such any appeal, no matter how valid it is will be denied. They are also one of the smallest players in the field, issuing less than 3,000 tickets last year and as far as I can tell, have taken zero cases to court.

As there was no ticket on the car, it is likely a member of staff at the centre you used took the pictures in the hope of a kickback. This is a bit of a grey area in private parking. With ANPR tickets they have to contact you within 14 days which they have done however, this looks like it wasn't ANPR so I would surmise that the normal parking rules should apply. Ticket issued, 29-56 days later the Notice to Keeper.

What doesn't change is my opinion to totally ignore them unless court papers arrive.

If you do choose to appeal, remind them that as a valid ticket was purchased, they had no valid reason to obtain your vehicle details from the DVLA which is a breach of the Data Protection Act and as such they could be held liable to a court claim for compensation.

NEVER mention who the driver was. Always say, "The Driver"

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

No NTD (ticket), and photographic evidence, same timelines for NTK as ANPR will apply, so they look to be in time.

BUT ... if you have the P&D ticket (look after it), and it hadn't expired, etc,

you just have to hope that they DO take it to court,

as it will be laughed out, then you can go for the compo package for accessing DVLA data when they had no just cause!

we need to see the NTK with your personal details redacted

so we can tell you if the wording complies with the POFA to create a keeper liability.

Chances are it wont.

Dont be wanting to contact these people to make it go away in a hurry because it wont,

they are after your money and dont care about lying and cheating to attempt to get it.

We may be asking you do do other things later if necessary so is the venue close to where you live?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

"On this occasion!!!!!" Bloody idiots. Should never have been issued in the first place.

I will mark this thread as **Cancelled**

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• dx100uk changed the title to Norwich Traffic Control PCN - No Permit - bit I purchased one and clearly displayed it on my dashboard. **CANCELLED**