What happens if I cant participate in an ESA medical?

lilacgreen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

I get ESA CB Support group and recently posted my ESA50 reassesment.

I am worried that if I am asked to attend or even if I manage to get a F2F at my home and due to my Bowel issues I am unable to attend or even if its at my house and I am stuck in the bathroom and I am unable to answer the door and he or she leaves.

Now what happens then? I know they will send me a letter and asks me for good reason I did not attend, but then what if the same thing happens again if they make a new appointment? and again? Will they eventually end my ESA claim? and then would I have to appeal to have my ESA reinstated? and if I win my appeal to have my ESA reinstated would I immediately be requested to attend another ESA assessment?

OK well if that doesnt happen what if I was being assessed and was unable to continue after even a few seconds, would the assessor class that as non attendance? or how would that work? and how would I appeal if this happened and I was removed from ESA? what would be the process?

Thanks all in advance"

From what i have read, ESA would be suspended due to missed assessment and they would write asking for an explanation to be sent for a DWP decision maker to review. If they accepted, ESA would be restarted and a new assessment booked. If you did not take part in second booked assessment, then you would have to have extremely good reasons for this, for ESA claim not be cancelled.

In these circumstances, they need to see you ' warts and all'. If you are having a bad day on the day of assessment, let them see this. You should really have someone with you.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks, just that I had a missed call from them late friday afternoon and have been worried all weekend what they may have been calling about? what could they have been calling about does anyone think? what have they called people about before after someones send in a reassesment ESA50?

Thanks, just that I had a missed call from them late friday afternoon and have been worried all weekend what they may have been calling about? what could they have been calling about does anyone think? what have they called people about before after someones send in a reassesment ESA50?

Not sure anyone would know. Perhaps they wanted to discuss the information with you, just to make sure they were totally clear what your current state of health is.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Usually when they call it's because they want to see if a F2F can be avoided. It costs money to conduct these assessments - if someone is obviously unwell enough to receive ESA they can award it without doing one. So they call before setting up an appointment, and in a number of cases they just issue a new award based on the phone conversation.

I can't promise you that's why they called, of course, but it does happen.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.