Quest to reclaim - SAR/CCA requests returned

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2577 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today my gf has had back two letters, one from Mint & the other from Natwest after requests for CCA (mint) and SAR request with Natwest.

Mint have stated the following:

Your request for documents contains some misconceptions about your entitlement to information in a specified form and our obligations to supply that information.

The account has been fully repaid and therefore there is no active credit card agreement with The Royal Bank of Scotland Group on the above account

Section 78(1) of the consumer credit act applies to active agreements and therefore we are under no obligation to provide you with the requested documents as the obligations to us under the agreement have ended

Does this mean I would also be unable to request SAR from Mint & reclaim PPI charges?

As for Natwest, they have asked her to sign a form, provide evidence of identification "certified by a member of staff at any branch or a solicitor!" & "As the purpose of your request is unclear, we require some further information from you to help clarify what you are looking for"

Are they for real? She'd have to take a day off work to be able to goto the bank just to get the ID authorised.

I used the template letter from here & quoted 4 Credit Card account numbers and an insurance policy number.

I am going through the procedure with help from CAG to try and reclaim PPI for a mortgage which was paid in full last year and have got a reply and forms to fill and return, and my id was confirmed over the phone, so it sounds like Mint are trying to give your GR the runaround and put her off proceeding for PPI.

In terms of the response from Mint, if you have asked them for a CCA on a repaid loan, then they are correct. However, if you send them on SAR then they are obliged to comply. Send them an SAR.

In terms of your SAR to NatWest, is this account open? In other words you still using the account and are they aware of your current address? If the answer is yes then their requirements are completely unnecessary and of course there are unlawful.

If you are no longer with that bank then they would certainly be entitled to take some reasonable steps to ascertain your identity.

In terms of the reason for your request, it's none of their damn business and you should tell them that. Simply tell them that they are obliged by law to provide you all of the information that they hold on you in any form and that the reason for your request is none of their damn business – and I would use those actual words.

Tell them also that you are fully aware that they have an archive centre so that you want all the information they have on you going back to the inception of any accounts. However, as I have said, if you are not currently with them then probably the easiest and quickest thing is to get into a branch with a passport and utility bill with the address on it. I would also take along a recorder and record the meeting in case they decide to get funny.

"As the purpose of your request is unclear, we require some further information from you to help clarify what you are looking for"

did you use the template.

the template dsar is a request for ALL data. quite clear.

Bank Fodder is right, if its a closed account, or not used for some time the bank can ask you to confirm your ID before posting out confidential information. Personally speaking I would get it confirmed just to prevent any unnecessary delays.

When I sent a SAR to NatWest last year, and phoned them for an update, they asked why I wanted the information, was it to do with PPI because they have a dedicated PPI helpline who do similar searches of NatWest archives to try and locate customer accounts with PPI. So maybe I could have saved myself £10 but I still felt a SAR might produce more data.

quite, the template request for all data shld cover that anyway. if they do things properly.

and things can always be exampled in the request to assist.

ps, eg. a dsar may produce statements which wld help counter if they do a refund on the (incorrect) basis of zero balance each month (saying that they dont have the statements, when in fact they do)

Yes gf still has an account with Natwest, which is what I didn't understand why they are requesting proof.

In addition to this my gf has told me they actually rang her (and went through verification) Thursday and then asked her what information she wanted.

I will go to the bank with her in the week and get them to photo copy/acknowledged her id & I will put a reply telling them it's nine of their business why I want the data and that as per the request I/we want everything quoted.

if you did a request for all data, then it shld cover everything they hold. from a to z. as per the data protection act.

prob is sometimes thay are 'selective' and only produce a to f for eg, and then a complaint needs to be done to get the full a to z. at least though some compensation shld then follow re their initial non compliance.

if your request was specific only say for eg to b and c, then thats all that they will (legitimately) furnish.

ie, always do a dsar fo r ALL data.

Did you include ctax copy?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ctax copy?

All I sent to them was the Sar template including the credit card account numbers and an insurance policy at the top of the letter and also included the £10 fee.

The cards that are quoted are no longer in use due to expiry dates, but she does still bank with Natwest.

The problem is as she works 6 days a week she would have to take a good couple of hours off work just to get to a branch.

So catch 22..

send form back signed and say just provide everything (then have it returned by them) or try and get gf to branch and back quickly.

go read the sar link and all its posts

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ohh council tax bill.

There was no little abbreviation marker.

Yep she's digging that out for me when she gets back.

With Natwest being RBS do you think they'd include Tesco Bank items as well or are all records now passed to Tesco now that they are no longer part of the RBS group?

Possibly

and they