CP+ PCN .roadchef mway servs in Brum all night!!- We were not there ever

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2558 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received a charge notice letter from cp plus saying that we were parked illegally in roadchef motorway services in Birmingham for 3 hours overnight .

We have never been to Birmingham .

The 2 photographs are grainy and the number plates are in a separate small box underneath .

These are not clear either .

It says that they have checked with DVLA .

A payment of £100 is required within 28 days .

Is this a [problem] .

How can they say we were parked somewhere where we have never been .

Any advice .

Thank you

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Ruddy table touch screen...done now:lol:

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks . Read this . The photographs on the letter they have sent showing a car , could be any car , the number plates are shown in a small separate box underneath the photographs . Can't see the number plates very well . Rang West Yorkshire police . They said cp plus are a legitimate company so ring them .

No don't do that

Fill that link out please post the answers back here

and they

Hi

Normally I would say ignore them but as this is a case of mistaken identity, I would send ONE letter but headed NOT AN APPEAL as they need telling that.

I would state quite clearly that this is a mistake and that you were never at the place they are claiming you were and that should they intend to use the courts to enforce this charge, you will ask the judge to award you costs for their unreasonable behaviour.

Also, they have breached the Data Protection Act by getting your details from the DVLA without just cause and you can sue them if you wish.

After sending the one letter laying out why they are mistaken, ignore everything apart from court papers.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I would flesh that out a little by informing them that as they have broken the law by wrongly accessing your personal information, that you will be making formal written complains to the DVLA, the BPA and the ICO for breaches of the KADOE agreement, the BPA CoP and the DPA.

That should get them thinking. Though the first two are rather toothless (unless the DVLA take any notice (which would make a pleasant change)), but the Information Commissioners Office has teeth and regularly bites :wink:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Thank you silver fox . Should I state in the letter that they have breached the data protection act .

I would say YES!

As CP+ are members of the BPA they should be informed as mentioned by Dragonfly. See what they come back with before going to the ICO. I bet they will try and brush their breach under the carpet and get you to prove you were not there (which you can't do)

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Well, it would certainly be handy if you were at work in West Yorkshire, or had (provable) appointments in that area at the time. But even if you were (or did), don't mention those in any letters that you're sending to anyone. Save that for a rainy day if CP Plus are silly enough to take you to court. I'm not sure how often (if ever) CP Plus 'do' court.

But, if they don't believe you (which is likely) you can expect some threat-o-grams full of "If's" and "May's" from their pet DCA (spotty teenager with a laser printer on the next desk) if you don't knuckle down and pay up like a good boy. You can use those to line the bottom of the budgie cage as they're not worth the paper they're written on :wink:

Ultimately, they'd still have to take you to county court and win (unlikely) before you'd actually have to give them any money. And if you rattle their cage enough they may realise that you're not going to roll over and just file you in the 'too difficult' box and go and threaten someone else who's willing to throw money at them. That's mostly how they work :|

As for what you were told by West Yorkshire Police, I can think of many words to describe CP PLus and 99.5% of all of the other private parking companies, but "Legitimate" would not be one of them!

So if I write to them they will probably try to get me to prove that I was not there . What will happen then ?

You cannot prove a negative. This is the tactics they use when in fact it is they that need to prove you were there.

As you have stated the images are not very clear, they should be rechecking their data before chasing you.

The alleged time which we were parked in the motorway services was 9.38 pm to 0.55 am on a Friday .

Not to worry, it would have been a nice bonus, but it's not essential

As said,

they will have to show an undoctored copy of their ANPR capture of both plates of the car in question.

It may be possible your plates were cloned but unlikely or you would have got a number of speeding tickets and the police kicking your door down by now.

Generally the mickey mouse systems they use aren't fit for purpose and have about a 30% failure rate.

As it was dark it just means that yours is one of those dud ones.

It would be interesting to see the NTK with suitable presonal details redacted as they probably didnt get the wording right anyway.

Once we have seen that we may suggest writing to them but there again we may say let them make the next move.

They are greedy and lazy so dont expect a quick solution

Edited by dx100uk
Paras dx