Collectica Bailiff letter RE: Leeds Court Motoring Fine - someone has used my sons details.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Need help and advice please.

My son recieved a letter on Monday

his first name and also his surname was spelt wrong

on opening the letter it was from a debt collection agency called Collectica based in Leeds demanding a payment of approx £600.

My son rang them to ask what it was for because he had no debts and also the name was spelt wrong and they must have made a mistake.

They asked him his date of birth and he told them

they said it was the same date of birth

it was a debt he had not paid 18 months ago when he lived in Sunderland.

if he didn't pay the money the balliffs were coming to the house.

He told them that he had never lived in that part of the country and what exactly was this fine for,

they said he would have to ring leeds court to find out that information.

He rang leeds court and they told him it was motoring offence

no insurance and driving a car that was not roadworthy

they said that he lived at a certain address in leeds at the time of the offence.

He explained that he had never lived there and it was not him

they told him he had to got to court in 2 week time.

This is really distressing

does he have to go to court if its not him that owes this debt.

Hello and Welcome annvlas,

I've moved this thread to Debt Collectors forum, you should get some help shortly.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

vehicle number same as his?

proof of permanent residence

proof not in the area mentioned at the time

if number same bring the insurance documents proving that he has insurance albeit he says not in the area also MOT etc

and court cost to attend when/if case dismissed against Debt collector = suggesting only others will advise also no doubt

attend as then he can put his case as not the person as long as he has the necessary proof, not attend then they could get a CCJ by default??

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Need help and advice please. My son recieved a letter on Monday his first name and also his surname was spelt wrong on opening the letter it was from a debt collection agency called Collectica based in Leeds demanding a payment of approx £600. My son rang them to ask what it was for because he had no debts and also the name was spelt wrong and they must have made a mistake. They asked him is date of birth and he told them and they said it was the same date of birth and it was a debt he had not paid 18 months ago when he lived in Sunderland.and if he didn't pay the money the balliffs were coming to the house. He told them that he had never lived in that part of the country and what exactly was this fine for, they said he would have to ring leeds court to find out that information. He rang leeds court and they told him it was motoring offemce no insurance and driving a car that was not road worthy they said that he lived at a certain address in leeds at the time of the offence. He explained that he had never lived there and it was not him but they told him he had to got to court in 2 week time. This is really distressing do es he have to go to court if its not him that owes this debt.

If Leeds Magistrates are dealing, then i would suggest at he attends the court with all of the paperwork e.g the Collectica letter, proof of his identity driving licence, anything with his name/address and he asks to speak to someone about this mistaken identity tracing. He should do this as soon as possible and not wait 2 weeks. He should make a complaint about this and whoever is responsible should refund any expenses he incurs.

Better to resolve early as possible even if a pain the backside.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

If i remember correctly, but do not quote me

He attends the Magistrates court and makes a statutory declaration will end this

I would do it immediately and not wait the two weeks and get the warrant suspended

Edited by obiter dictum

collectica are bailiffs not debt collectors big difference

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

retitled and moved to the bailiff forum

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They told him the registration num of the car but he has never owned a car with that registration.

Should be easy to resolve. They have just traced your Son in error and all he needs to do is attend the court to sort out. The court staff should be able to sort it out and he should not need to make any declaration.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Can he just call into the court earler than the date he was given?

He can try, but it might be easier to resolve in person, because court staff can see documents and it will be obvious it was a mistake. Not easy to do on the phone.

Very inconvenient, but if it resolve it quickly, then worth it. He can claim back any costs against whoever made the mistake.

no need to waste money on a solicitor

dx

and they

Would it be bestter for him to see a Solicitor?

No. He does not need to and they would tell him he was wasting their time on a small issue.

Is your Son not capable of going into a court and speaking to the court admin staff about this ?

Your responses are suggesting that he might know about this issue in Sunderland ?

Can he just call into the court earler than the date he was given?

You mentioned earlier that he has to attend court in two weeks time. Did the court actually make an appointment for him?

Secondly, did the court confirm that they have instructed Collectica Ltd to put a 'hold' on enforcing the warrant pending the Statutory Declaration hearing?

Thirdly, your son must attend the hearing. At present, by some error, he has been wrongly convicted of a crime. That crime is of keeping a vehicle on a public highway without insurance and as such, his future insurance premiums will be seriously affected.

They said he could attend a court in our local area if he couldn't make it to lLeeds court maybe this is why the date was given for approx 2 weeks.

I was presuming that Leeds was your local court. If not, then he just needs to contact his nearest Magistrates court to resolve this.

Reading what you have said. I don't think your Son has been convicted of any offence. For some reason Collectica have got hold of your Sons details to chase the fine. Therefore it should be easy to resolve with his local Magistrates court.

I hope so its so stressful. Collectica said that there is still the possibility the balliffs may call and if thats the case he will still have to pay the fine until its sorted out. seems strange to pay a fine that is not yours .

I hope so its so stressful. Collectica said that there is still the possibility the balliffs may call and if thats the case he will still have to pay the fine until its sorted out. seems strange to pay a fine that is not yours .

Suggest he sorts it out urgently then. If they did turn up, then provide them with documents to support they have the wrong person and they should accept.

He needs to make the necessary appointment himself. His local court will then apply to the 'issuing' court for case records. I share the same view as Uncle Bulgaria that this is likely to be a case of mistaken identity but nonetheless, it needs to be resolved.

If it isn't sorted the court and Collectica will pin the fine on him bailiffs will call and they CAN force entry.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Its actually not strange at all because, a bailiff is not permitted to 'go behind' the warrant. Therefore, until instructed by the court, he is supposed to continue to enforce. Your son needs to get an appointment and then he can call the issuing court and ask that they instruct Collectica to place a 'hold' on the acccount.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, my son went to the local court as requested to make a declaration, he went to the office they gave to a letter and told him to take it in to the court room.

When he went in to the court room they asked him what his plea was the told them not quilty and it was mistaken identity and he was not the person that committed the crime.

Then told him to appear in another court in Wirral in June. They gave him a letter with the date of his next court appearance and told him that the letter if shown to the balliffs will stop them taking any action.

Today he recieved another letter from the court cancelling the court hearing to another court in Chester for July for a case management hearing.

is this the usual procedure my son thought by going to the court to make a declaration that this would be the end of it.