Possible snap by HADECS 3 camera

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2588 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I was recently travelling South-bound on the M1 and I got snapped at this location;

(Unable to post links so co-ordinates are 53.671763, -1.548704)

I was travelling at national(70) until I saw the 50 variable pop up, i slowly slowed towards 50 to reach it when i reached the smart displays above me, but I got snapped way before reaching the signs, by the HADECS 3 camera on the right hand side on the opposite side of the moterway on the north-bound side, I was travelling at about 60 during the snap, while still slowing down to 50.

But it may of been a coincidence of speeding cars on the other side - the camera placement is on the opposite side of the road for oncoming.

What my question is, will the HADECS camera pictured on the google maps be snapping the south-bound side of the road which i was travelling on or only the road that it is attached to, north-bound.

I don't believe I was in any wrong here, slowing down to 50 just before hitting the variable speed limit signs.

A simple google search would have shown you the answer:

HADECS Speed Camera Questions and Answers

Question: I just want to ask a question about one of the speed camera types as it doesn't seem to be covered on the page for that camera. Do you know whether the HADECS 3 camera on motorways is able to catch vehicles from both the front and the back, or just from the back? Also, do you know if the camera on the opposite side of the motorway can catch you or only the cameras on your own side of the motorway?

Answer: A single HADECS camera covers only one direction of road. Often on motorways you'll see the HADECS camera sited on the outside of the motorway (next to the hard shoulder). There could however be examples of HADECS cameras sited on the central reservation and these could be used in either direction.

In terms of their operation HADECS capture the rear of a passing vehicle.

So, as the underlined portions say, if you saw the flash infront of you, it was monitoring the opposing carriageway.

I was travelling at national(70) until I saw the 50 variable pop up, i slowly slowed towards 50 to reach it when i reached the smart displays above me.

As you saw it "pop up", I assume it switched from 70 to 50 as you were approaching. Therefore the 70 limit would have applied up to passing beneath the overhead sign on a gantry.

The overhead variable speed limit cameras on the SW section of M25 record data (or did a few years ago) which includes the variable limit set as shown on the gantry with the camera, and the time that limit had been in force since being set.

Although exceeding a limit is an 'absolute' offence, I guess there must be some allowance for a new limit being switched on as a motorist approached it.

So assuming that this was your view at the location - travelling southbound, and the camera is as shown on the northbound carriageway you will be OK. The camera only monitors the northbound carriageways so the 'flash' would have captured somebody else. speeding on the northbound section

Untitled.jpg

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!