Extra duties for no more pay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2585 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have been doing extra duties / work for over 2 years now and it has not been recognised in either wage increase or additional admin support to do the work.

do i have an option to demand increase or take out a grievance....

i have been doing extra duties / work for over 2 years now and it has not been recognised in either wage increase or additional admin support to do the work.

do i have an option to demand increase or take out a grievance....

There's precious few options to demand anything at any time - after two years, not a chance. Nobody gets to demand an increase. That is the fastest way to the dole queue. A grievance - complain away but all is likely to get you is to the head of the list of people dumped when there's a need to dump people. IF, and is a very big if, there is any chance of discussing this, it happens before you do extra work. Not two years later. This is no longer extra work. It's your job.

The time to question this would have been when the extra duties were requested. There should have been a conversation relating to how long the duties would be required for, and whether there would be any consideration regarding wages if the extra work was to continue beyond the short term. You could then have quite reasonably referred back to that conversation, but after this length of time and in the absence of any understanding over extra pay, your options are severely restricted as outlined by Sangie above

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

more work of the same level does not equal more if there is no change in the hours worked. If your company has a job evaluation scheme then you need to have a look at what the extra work means to your job on the scale and ask for a regrading if applicable