Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • If it's a no powers Debt Collector then ignore it completely, they have no authority at all and contacting them in any way is a mistake as they'll think they have a new mug to hassle and fleece. Scan up a redacted version of the letter.
    • I suggest that you follow the suggestions I have made here in red and also the earlier suggestions I made in respect of compiling a detailed account of expenses to which you have been put, losses they have suffered and any benefits that you might have received from your parents. Also, if they happen to start a legal action against you then clearly you should defend. Their chances of succeeding are extremely remote, in my view, but I think that you would need a solicitor. I would instruct a solicitor to ask the court in the directions questionnaire to make an order that your parents provide security for costs because you could find that they will end up spending a lot of their money and your money on a fruitless exercise and you will have difficulty recovering any of your costs in the most likely event that you finally win the case. This is not my area of experience at all, but I'm extremely surprised that they have found a solicitor who has been prepared to advise them that they stand some chance of success and therefore it is reasonable for them to incur fees by getting that solicitor to write you these letters.
    • Were you a customer of the pub at the time?  Anyways, go to the pub owner and ask if they are the land owners of the area mentioned in the ticket. If they are, say you don't remember who parked there but surely they must have forgotten to sign in with them. Tell them in a nice jolly conversation some complement and how you'd not want this incident to prevent you from visiting them in the future. See if they could kindly ask them to cancel it if they aren't authorised to bring this claim to the court in the pub owner's name. Kind chat goes a long way.   Reason why I am suggesting this is because these parking management contract often have a clause allowing the land owner to cancel this upon request - this is in interest of for example retail sites like supermarket car parks where customer service is of essence. After all they don't want a 1* review on Google. (but don't tell them that!)   If verbal request is not sufficient, you can do one in writing so there is a paper trail. Come back if you need to write that.   Most important DO NOT SAY WHO THE DRIVER IS.  
    • Oh god! How silly!   I had so many different tabs and word documents open , cutting and pasting different bits I think I’ve copied in the wrong one.   Just had to nip out. I’ll post the correct version ASAP! X
    • Thank you for your response. I've read through some of the threads, however I haven't found any in a similar situation to mine where the overall outcome of the investigation has been posted (whether it was an out of court settlement or a conviction that resulted in a criminal record).    I'm aware that what typically happens is that you're taken to court where they give you a £1000 fine and a criminal record of 12 months (or 11 years if its an enhanced DBS check). This is the information I received following contacting a the TFL legal advice team.   
  • Our picks


Scottish Power - credit refund over 3 years late !

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 985 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Received an email from a friend of mine, as follows:-


“Well....what do you think about this...in the post was a letter from Scottish Power. They inform me I have an outstanding credit with them (£13.83) which they have now paid into my bank.....I closed my Scottish Power account in October 2013 !! ....”

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

did they ask for the money to be refunded sooner than this or dint they know? If the latter then it makes no odds, but if they asked for it on leaving SP then that is worthy of a complaint but also begs the question why leave it so long.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...