• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Moorcroft and RBS credit card debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1226 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It's 12 years old, but is it out of time? When did you last make a payment or acknowledge the debt?

What does the debt relate to? Loan or overdraft?

Dont send a CCA Moorcroft they are just trying to collect......if you have not sent RBS a CCA previously then yes.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Looks like I first defaulted in 2006.

I paid RBS £10 a month for a couple of months in 2008,

then I did make some payments to Experto Credite from 2012

but they've gone bust so I stopped last October.

Shall I CCA RBS to see what comes back?

Already answered above.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If I send a CCA to RBS what's the chances of them having the correct paperwork?

:madgrin: And next weeks winning lottery numbers are ...........

Andy

• 1 month later...
I sent Moorcroft a CCA request and they've returned it saying it must be hand signed. I know this is rubbish but how do I respond?

Send it back signed....but not with your usual signature....they dont know.

Andy

Not that we know of..but Im sure good reputable DCAs would not stoop to falsifying evidence:wink:

sar to rbs might not be a bad idea

get all the statements

ensure your payments have been getting to them?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

cca request should have gone to rbs

we told you to ignore Moorcroft..

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you follow the cca request instructions.

and they

Well you did send it to a powerless dca

This time you are not.

You do not sign it

Send to the oc

and they

I did and it says no need to sign. DCA says it needs signing according to data protection laws.

Hence why I'm asking, who is correct?

as per #10

just sign it, perhaps with a v slight variation. saves all the palaver :)

• 1 month later...

I sent the CCA to RBS on 19th May, they received it on 22 May.

I have received a response today from RBS on 12th June which was posted on 8th June.

They have sent me:

A signed copy of my credit agreement from 1997

T's & C's for the 1997 agreement.

A current statement of the account.

A letter you usually get with a replacement credit card?

1. The response was late.

2. The account number they're quoting on their letters, current statement and replacement credit card letter does not match the original credit agreement.

What do I do now?

Does the credit agreement number need to be the same as the current account number? I'm guessing the actual credit card this refers to changes over time. So should a new credit agreement be signed with every new card?

nope no need for a new agreement everytime

so looks like they have complied.

as typically do OC's when they still own a debt

sar will be your next route to see if you have any PPI or penalties to use as bait to short settle?

dx

and they

"2. The account number they're quoting on their letters, current statement and replacement credit card letter does not match the original credit agreement.

What do I do now?

Does the credit agreement number need to be the same as the current account number? I'm guessing the actual credit card this refers to changes over time. So should a new credit agreement be signed with every new card? "

Current Account number ? Changes ? New Replacement Card ?

Im lost now ...what is this actual debt for ?

Andy

The debt is a Credit card.

I'll reword "Current" account number - The "latest" account number.

The Credit Agreement they sent has a different account number listed to the account number they are now quoting.

They also sent a cover letter which you usually get with a replacement credit card and this has the new account number listed.

• Like 1