BankFodder BankFodder

Bug

Free Online SAR for HMRC

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1082 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

A while ago we had HMRC chasing us for a Tax Credit over-payment. We paid it in the end to get them off our backs but I still suspect there was a mistake made somewhere.

I'm not looking for help on this one but I thought folks might like to know that there is an online SAR form on the HMRC website...

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/hmrc-subject-access-request

Here's the acknowledgement:

Thank you for your email.

We will process your Subject Access Request (SAR) as soon as we can. I should explain that under the terms of the Data Protection Act we have 40 calendar days to deal with this SAR. For further information on this please go to: www.hmrc.gov.uk/freedom/foi-01.htm

If you have any further queries please write to: Freedom of Information Unit, 100 Parliament Street, London, SW1A 2BQ.

I'll let you know how I get on.