Company with holding wages

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2578 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I work part time in the care industry, usually one day a week on week one and 3 days a week on week two. The hours i work are 6:15 to 20:00 with a few hours off during the day. I travel to visit patients who need care. At the end of my working day i fill in a timesheet, time spent in each house hold and where i visited and email it in to the office. I get paid weekly but wages are 2 weeks in arrears.

The week in question was my 3 day working week. I came down with the flu (proper flu, not just a cold) and on the 2nd day of work rang in to say i wasnt well and would not be in work the following day and in fact was not in the work the week after either. I got home and went straight to bed where i stayed for 3 days when i eventually felt a little better i completely forgot about the timesheets.

I don't earn loads and its minimum pay and this was my first sickness for almost a year and besides not been well i did not want to pass the flu bug on to elderly and more often than not people who are already at risk to illnesses.

2 weeks later i did not receive a wage. I rang and spoke to the manager who said she was busy and would look into it. Having heard nothing 2 weeks after that i rang again to be told the same thing, I have emailed the accounts dept and not had a reply,

I do not even know why i wasnt paid and just assume it was because i did not send in a time sheet.

When i am in a clients house i fill in a record form to say i have attended and the time i got there and the time i left. These forms are usually picked up once a fortnight or later so eventually they will have a record of my attendance.

I cannot see they have the right to withhold my wages so can someone tell me what my rights are regarding this matter?

I work part time in the care industry, usually one day a week on week one and 3 days a week on week two. The hours i work are 6:15 to 20:00 with a few hours off during the day. I travel to visit patients who need care. At the end of my working day i fill in a timesheet, time spent in each house hold and where i visited and email it in to the office. I get paid weekly but wages are 2 weeks in arrears.

The week in question was my 3 day working week. I came down with the flu (proper flu, not just a cold) and on the 2nd day of work rang in to say i wasnt well and would not be in work the following day and in fact was not in the work the week after either. I got home and went straight to bed where i stayed for 3 days when i eventually felt a little better i completely forgot about the timesheets.

I don't earn loads and its minimum pay and this was my first sickness for almost a year and besides not been well i did not want to pass the flu bug on to elderly and more often than not people who are already at risk to illnesses.

2 weeks later i did not receive a wage. I rang and spoke to the manager who said she was busy and would look into it. Having heard nothing 2 weeks after that i rang again to be told the same thing, I have emailed the accounts dept and not had a reply,

I do not even know why i wasnt paid and just assume it was because i did not send in a time sheet.

When i am in a clients house i fill in a record form to say i have attended and the time i got there and the time i left. These forms are usually picked up once a fortnight or later so eventually they will have a record of my attendance.

I cannot see they have the right to withhold my wages so can someone tell me what my rights are regarding this matter?

You didn't submit anything that said you worked, or when you worked. For the rest of the time you were not in work. So I'm struggling to see what wages they are withholding. Your part of the contract, sick or not, is to provide the information they need to pay you. Unless you get company sick pay, you aren't entitled to anything other than SSP (if you qualify for it). So what do they owe you? Yes, the records might eventually catch up with payroll, but it's your job to submit the timesheet, not theirs to go chasing other paperwork. So submit your timesheet?