• Tweets

• Should this to be take into court with him or should he send something in earlier?
    • This is the other sign  parking sign 1a.pdf
    • 4 means that they need to name and then tell the people who will be affected that there has been an application made, what the application relates to (specificially "whether it relates to the exercise of the court’s jurisdiction in relation to P’s property and affairs, or P’s personal welfare, or to both) and what this application contains (i.e what order they want made as a result of it) 5 just means that teh court think it is important that the relevant people are notified 7 means that the court need more information to make the application, hence they have then made the order of paragraph 1 which requires the applicant to do more - this means the court can't make a decision with the current information, and need more, hence paragraph one of the order is for the applicant to do more. paragraph 3 of the order gives you the ability to have it set aside, although if it was made in january you are very late. Were you notiifed of the application or not?    
    • These are the photos of the signs. At the entrance there is a 7h free sign. On some bays there is a permit sign.  Also their official website is misleading as it implies all parking is free.  I can't be certain of the exact parking bay I was in that day, and there was no PCN ticket on my car and no other evidence was provided.  parking sign 2.pdf
    • Hi, In my last post I mentioned I had received an email from SS who were asking me to hand over the keys to my mother’s flat so they could pass them to the Law firm who have been appointed court of protection to access, secure and insure my mother’s property.  Feeling this, all quickly getting out of my hands I emailed ss requesting proof of this. I HAVEN’T HEARD BACK FROM SS.  Yesterday, I received an email (with attached court of protection order) from the Law Firm confirming this was correct (please see below a copy of this).  After reading the court of protection order I do have some concerns about it:   (a)   I only found out yesterday, the Law firm had been appointed by the court back in January.  Up until now, I have not received any notification regarding this.  (b)   Section 2   - States I am estranged from my mother.  This is NOT CORRECT    The only reason I stepped back from my mother was to protect myself from the guy (groomer) who had befriended her & was very aggressive towards me & because of my mother’s dementia she had become aggressive also.  I constantly tried to warned SS about this guy's manipulative behaviour towards my mother and his increasing aggressiveness towards me (as mentioned in previous posts).  Each time I was ignored.  Instead, SS encouraged his involvement with my mother – including him in her care plans and mental health assessments.   I was literally pushed out because I feared him and my mother’s increasing aggression towards me. Up until I stepped back, I had always looked after my mother and since her admission to the care home, I visit regularly.   .(c)    Sections -  4, 5 and 7  I am struggling to understand these as I don’t have a legal background.  I was wondering if there is anyone who might be able to explain what they mean.  It’s been a horrendous situation where I had to walk away from my mother at her most vulnerable because of; ss (not helping), scammer and groomer. I have no legal background, nor experience in highly manipulative people or an understanding of how the SS system operates, finding myself isolated, scared and powerless to the point I haven’t collected my personal belongings and items for my mother’s room in the care home.  Sadly, the court has only had heard one version of this story SS’s, and based their decision on that. My mother’s situation and the experience I have gone through could happen to anyone who has a vulnerable parent.    If anyone any thoughts on this much appreciated.  Thank you. ______________________________________________________  (Below is the Court of Protection Order)  COURT OF PROTECTION                                                                                                                                                                                   No xxx  MENTAL CAPACITY ACT 2005 In the matter of Name xxx ORDER Made by  Depty District Judge At xxx Made on xxx Issued on 18 January 2024  WHEREAS  1.     xxx Solicitors, Address xxx  ("Applicant”) has applied for an order under the Mental Capacity Act 2005.  2.     The Court notes (my mother) is said to be estranged from all her three children and only one, (me) has been notified.  3.     (Me) was previously appointed as Atorney for Property and Affairs for (my mother).  The Exhibity NAJ at (date) refers to (me) and all replacement Attorneys are now officially standing down.  4.     Pursuant to Rule 9.10 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 and Practice Direction 9B the Applicant 2must seek to identify at least three persons who are likely to have an interest in being notified that an application has been issues.”  The children of (my mother), and any other appointed attorneys are likely to have an interest in the application, because of the nature of relationship to (my mother).  5.     The Court considers that the notification requirements are an important safeguard for the person in respect of whom an order is sought.  6.     The Court notes that it is said that the local authority no longer has access to (my mother’s) Property.  7.     Further information is required for the Court to determine the application.  IT IS ORDERED THAT  Within 28 days of the issue date this order, the Applicant shall file a form COP24 witness statement confirming that the other children of (my mother) and any replacement attorneys have been notified of the application and shall confirm their name, address, and date upon which those persons were notified.  If the Applicant wishes the Court to dispense with any further notification, they should file a COP9 and COP24 explaining, what steps (if any) have been taken to attempt notification and why notification should be dispensed with.   Pending the determination of the application to appoint a deputy for (my mother), the Applicant is authorised to take such steps as are proportionate and necessary to access, secure and insure the house and property of (my mother).   This order was made without a hearing and without notice.  Any person affected by this order may apply within 21 days of the date on which the order was served to have the order set aside or varied pursuant to Rule 13.4 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 (“the Rules”).  Such application must be made on Form COP9 and in accordance with Part 10 Rules.              
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Santander Refuse refund

chiragchavda
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2579 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well start doing everything in writing, and write the letters as I have suggested above. Once you have put it in writing and you have received written replies you can then go ahead. It's what they say on paper which is what counts.

Write the letters, send them off recorded delivery. Come back here when you get a response or else come back here in seven days and we will see about chasing it up. I'm afraid that there's nothing much we can do to hurry it up

– not for the moment anyway. If you don't get responses then we can start to take some more serious action.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tidied chiragchavda posts

the story is now a lot clearer.

however before I publish this to enable others like BF and myself to offer further advise..

I need chiragchavda to confirm some additional information.

what date was the bad paid for over the phone when she was their in the property with the tenants.

what date were the builders instructed and given your wifes the card details by the tenant using a false name and the date the payment was taken by the builders

what date were the materials ordered by the tenant using their email and the false name and when was that payment taken

what date did travis perkins collect the goods

when did you go around the property to discover they had a runner starting the process that revealed this fraud

Edited by dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

We have visited Santander branch today

first they decline to submit a dispute about the two transactions

we have provided enough evidence and asked them to submit the dispute

finally the lady on phone said they had filled Out the form and said to us that they will come back to us in 24 hours with a decision on the dispute

We have sent a letter to the builders and to Travis Perkins for refunds of money

let's see what happens

well that's a good start, but did you record the conversation with the bank? Did you get a copy of the form that you submitted to them? Do you know the name of the person you spoke to?

Hi yes we took the name of the person who was dealing with us on phone

branch advisor called central team and they filled out the form on the phone

they did not give us a copy of the form but provide a ref number

I spoke with Santander yesterday evening they have confirmed some form has been sent out which we need to fill and return them for further investigation. I have also contacted Travis Perkins local branch manager but he refused to cooperate any further he just said matter in police hand he can't return momey until he is been told by police. When asking from him crime ref no he refused to provide.

We have contacted police and they says they not aware of anything even officer says there is no reason not to give crime ref no to me by. Travis Perkins. Police asked to contact head office for chase up things.

Clearly this is going to get very complicated. I think the first thing you must do is you must report the whole thing to the police. I think you should do this in writing and address it to the Chief Inspector Administration of your nearest main police station.

I think that you will have to allege the crime by your tenant. I think you will also have to make a crime report about the suppliers and say that although they know that the goods were purchased with stolen money and that although the goods have been returned, they are now refusing to return the money to you. I think that you should make a similar allegation against the builder.

I think that you must explain that there is a serious amount of money involved here and that you would like the police to investigate it and also you would like a crime reference number for all three allegations.

I think you should send a copy of this letter to your MP – make it clear on the bottom of the letter that this is what you are doing.

If you would like to draft a letter and post it here then we can comment on it.

I think you should write to your MP. I think you should explain to your MP what has happened and that you have been trying to get the police to investigate the matter and they are failing to do so and that you need his/her help to get the police to take it seriously. Post the letter here and we will comment on it.

Let us know when you get the form from Santander and post it up here in PDF format and we will help you fill it in and the most effective way.

If you haven't realised it yet, I'm struggling to find a clear strategy here. Eventually you could sue the supplier and also the builder for the return of the money, but this will cost you at least the court fee and may be a hearing fee and it sounds to me as if you don't have a great deal of resources. Also, I hope you won't mind me saying that I have a sense that you may have difficulty in preparing and arguing a case in court if it got that far.

I think a lot depends on how much of a hurry you are in. Although you are beginning a chargeback procedure against the bank, I don't expect it to be at all easy. They will look around for excuses not to refund you and the fact that the police may be involved will give them the ideal justification.

I'm still concerned that you are talking to the bank on the telephone without recording your calls.

Hi

Thank you so much for prompt reply. Basically I'm afraid to take matter to court as builder may come back and says they did work ( but we think nothing has been done apart from damage to property as ceiling removed and whole in wall) no paint job nothing. We need strong evidence to support our case in court and if we loose then we may end up with their legal cost. Same things with Travis Perkins. With bank we have really less hope for recovering money. We have wrote letter and email to all departments to look into matter and waiting for response.

We trying each way to recover money and main thing we do not have enough money to support us but police and no one can see this even bank. Can bank decline chargeback ?

I had understood from your story so far that the builder had done no work. In fact I realise now that I hadn't asked why he had been paid in advance. Now you tell us that in fact he has done work and there may be a dispute over the quality of the work that he has done.

I'm afraid that this changes the entire situation. Given the complication, I have very little hope that you will be able to get your money back from the builder unless you bring a court case against him. You would have to allege that the contract was in fact with you – not your tenant – and that the work that he carried out was not of a proper standard. I think that you're going to have a lot of difficulty with this. Also, I don't expect the bank to be very helpful.

In terms of the suppliers, I understand that they have had all of the materials back. Is this correct? If the building work was carried out then I don't understand why none of the materials which were delivered were in fact used.

If it is correct that they have had all of their materials back in original condition, then there is a chance of getting that money back.

I'm afraid this is getting extremely complicated and less and less clear as they go on. I'm afraid that I'm becoming very pessimistic about our chances of helping you.

Hi

We did not enter into contact with builder. Basically tenant informed builder to do some work by looking into property i can see they removed ceiling and all electric cable hanging from ceiling. Tenant was going to leave by end of Feb but they suddenly left in first week of Feb after making payment to builder.

I assume that builder did not have house key so he can't enter into property and all material ordered was just left out there I still did not get on my side why entrance ceiling removed and all electric cable came out

Again we did not sign anything with builder not with Travis Perkins. I forgot to mention one thing as when some of good ordered guy from Travis perkins visited property and they questioned tenant what's their purpose of using this material and he is been told rudely by tenant.

I'm in situation as we not sure what happened in property during that month of

Time and why tenant want to do such a large work which include remove ceiling they have removed even steel beam fireboard which protect beam under regulation

So we are in complete mess we not sure if builder this things or tenant and why they have to do this things. We try to get more information from builder for work and he is refusing by saying under data protection I'm not allowed to provide any further information. So you can imagine I have really no chance in court

I forgot to mention one thing when having chat conversations with builder website they have sent me one link which relates to card payment made. On that link I can see that they have received email from tenant saying please take payment from my card and they have provided my wife card details when providing card holder name he put his name on card.

I had suggested bringing a contract action against the builder because I had thought that there would be a good argument for saying that he intended to contract with you because I thought that the tenant was using your name.

Now that you have explained that in fact your tenant was using his own name, I agree that there would be no contract action against the builder. The only other possibility would be an action for negligence if you could show the work had been done poorly. Once again, this would involve fees and complications.

Of course it is extremely unhelpful that the police say they won't do anything other than tell you to register on Action Fraud. Did you tell the police the story about the false name being used?

Well now that you have got the link showing the email with the false name, have you taken a screenshot of it? Do you know how to take a screenshot?

yes i took screenshot but again same problem if we go to bank and try to prove then bank will say same thing as we know this email address and we have done correspondence in past.

I am really stuck with this complicated matter its a sophisticated crime used our details

My wife used her card to ordered bed in some point December after coming back from holiday. (sorry i dont have her bank statement wth exact date)

Builder not telling us anything when they have been instructed or anything but payment was taken out on 09/02/17 so we have informed bank on around 11/02/17

Travis perkins same date on 09/02/17 payment was taken out from her a/c

We have submitted this evidence to bank confirming when payment was taken wrongly name used and we have no involvement in this matter. But they refuse to see this only one word from them decision has been made and email address we used in past for correspondence thats it

I think the best thing to do is to start writing letters. Let us know when you get the bank form and we will help you to complete it. Also, I think that you will need to write a letter to the police, as suggested above and enclose some evidence.

What correspondence from the bank have you heard about this?

Finally i have received dispute form. I have only problem Travis perkins refuse to provide any information or not responding to my email or calls. They start hung up on me. Dont know how do i have to prove in dispute form goods has been returned and they refuse to give me any letter confirming. Without it its hard for me to fill dispute form

I have received email from travis Perkins they not going to refund money I have to contact my bank for refund. I have filled dispute from and sent with all email conversations pictures and copy of videos they collected their goods back.

I have received email from building company saying they will not refund money but they confirm they did not provide any service.

A letter before action to TP will get your refund from them.

Send them an email with proof of goods collection and copy in the ceo.

With regards to the builders, I would insist with the bank first and if no joy send a lba to builders pointing out that they didn't do any work and appointment for their services was done by third party.

I would also go back to the police station and try to convince the desk officer that this is indeed a criminal matter and not a civil dispute.

Make clear that your tenant used your card details obtained illegally and avoid mentioning the builders and TP because your dispute with them IS a civil matter.

I have received email from travis Perkins they not going to refund money I have to contact my bank for refund. I have filled dispute from and sent with all email conversations pictures and copy of videos they collected their goods back.

I have received email from building company saying they will not refund money but they confirm they did not provide any service.

Please would you post up copies of these emails in PDF format. I'd like to see exactly what they say.

A letter before action to TP will get your refund from them.

Send them an email with proof of goods collection and copy in the ceo.

With regards to the builders, I would insist with the bank first and if no joy send a lba to builders pointing out that they didn't do any work and appointment for their services was done by third party.

I would also go back to the police station and try to convince the desk officer that this is indeed a criminal matter and not a civil dispute.

Make clear that your tenant used your card details obtained illegally and avoid mentioning the builders and TP because your dispute with them IS a civil matter.

it's all very well thrashing around threatening legal actions, but precisely what legal action are you proposing should be brought?

it's all very well thrashing around threatening legal actions, but precisely what legal action are you proposing should be brought?

Against the builders.

They have taken payment (in good faith or not) from a third party who used a card belonging to the op.

They never provided any service or goods.

They now know that the op was defrauded, so they are not entitled to keep the money, especially because they didn't do any work.

Am I wrong?

Is the builder entitled to keep the money?

You are quite right to the extent that all those bad things have happened. However, what you don't seem to realise is that in order to bring any kind of legal action, one has to have a legal basis for bringing the action. This means that there have to be grounds which are recognised by law such as a valid contract, trust, a recognised duty of care which has caused foreseeable damage, disruption of an occupier#s right to peaceable enjoyment of the land, all sorts of things.

You're quite right that they've taken payment from a third party – but that means that although the builders all the suppliers have a legal relation with that third party, that doesn't put our OP in a position where he has had any transactions with them.

They didn't provide any service or goods. That's right, but there was no contract to supply goods to our OP and there was no contract to provide building services for our OP.

They have reason to believe that the OP was defrauded. Correct. I don't think they are entitled to keep the money – but the OP doesn't appear to have any legal relationship with them which would entitle him to recover the money. He could only recover the money from the thief.

Is the builder entitled to keep the money? No – but the only person that he has a contract with is with the thief and so only the thief is in a position to bring a legal action.

Whether you like it or not, that's the way the law works and it's been developing like that very slowly for over 800 years – and most people in the world think that our legal system is doing a pretty good job by comparison to most others.

It would be terribly helpful if the OP would actually respond with copies of the emails which I have asked for.

I think that I may have come up with a solution to this – but it won't be easy.