Door2Tour.com Full of Empty Promises Beware

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2603 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Door2Tour.com are what is known as a holiday portal company and only offered holidays they booked through other companies.

They Limit their liabilities to only £50 in their hidden Terms and Conditions on their website when they make a mistake leaving the customer with no where to go as they did us as well as never sending the £50 promised!!

We booked and paid for a 7 day coach holiday to the rhine valley in Germany last Sept with Crusader coach holidays we thought.

However when we rejoined our coach after crossing on the ferry our coach driver announced please put your passports away now as you won't need them again until thursday?

Us and another couple we later found out thought he had made a mistake as we will return on Saturday. It transpired we were both on only a 5 day holiday so would be returning on Thursday. I rang Door2Tour back in the UK and was told just enjoy your holiday I will look into it and call you back tomorrow which she did and admitted they had made a mistake and it was only a 5 day holiday and they will discuss us losing 2 days holiday on our return.

After the holiday the trouble started and the attitude of Door2Tour.com. We were told by the other couple to complain to Crusader coach holidays as their paperwork for the holiday was not clearly written which is why they had thought they were on a 7 day holiday also. We both discussed this with the coach driver, but were told he was a free lance driver so could do very little as he didn't work directly for the company.

I made a complaint to Crusader Coach holidays as our itinerary stated we could see the barges going up and down the Rhine which was impossible without a 10 minute walk to the bank of the Rhine. Worst still the hotel was right next to the local main line railway station and freight trains run all night so all complained of not getting much sleep! I have since found out they have a different holiday hotel next to the Rhine this year?

But guess what mine and many other complaints got nowhere I know from the Managing director of Motts travel who Crusader coach holidays are owned by confirming by email I had to address my complaint direct to Door2Tour and not Crusader and I also heard no one had any luck either.

i was told by Door2Tour as a good will gesture I would receive a discount on booking another holiday through them but as per their T&Cs we are not entitled to any more compensation over and above this £50!

When protested we had lost two days of our holiday I was told sorry that is it the cheque will be in the post.

To this day it has never arrived so I thought I would write this post so others realise what a holiday internet portal only company can do by writing it into their T&Cs and there is nothing you can do about it if you don't have the money to sue.

Thanks for reading

Soundguy :-x

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

By our Credit Card both for the deposit and the balance, however both were paid to Mot'ts Travel who own Crusader Coach Holidays so no money taken by Door2Tour and they receive commission to sell holidays by others I have been told. I have found both on our credit card statements the deposit was on 9/5/16 and the balance on 2/8/16 both incurring an extra 2% charge. Why?

Your contract is with Mot'ts so claim the money back via your credit card company as the holiday was not what you paid for. I would assume that the 2% is their handling charge for credit cards

It is easier to enter a rich man than for a camel to pass a needle

Yes it is 2% for using a credit card, and the MD Val from Mott's is stating by email it is Door2Tour that supplied the holiday to us and wrongly informed us it was a 7 day holiday so all complaints should be addressed to them. How do I claim it back from my credit card company please and is it not too long since the holiday now as it was in Sept 2016?

As I said Door2Tour limit any compensation claims again them to £50 by their hidden T&Cs on their website and do not send out any T&Cs by email.

Also never received the £50 cheque promised so a lesson learnt to never use an Internet Holiday Portal Website again.

Thank you for your advise much appreciated if it is still possible to do something? John

Is their exclusion clause "unfair"? : you'd need to look at UCTA (The Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977).

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1977/50

Is their limitation of liability sufficiently onerous that it'd need to be prominent to be enforceable?. If it was and it was "buried" on p.36 of T's & C's in fine print ... it might not be enforceable.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J_Spurling_Ltd_v_Bradshaw

J Spurling Ltd v Bradshaw [1956] EWCA Civ 3 is an English contract law and English property law case on exclusion clauses and bailment. It is best known for Denning LJ's red hand rule comment where he said,

“ I quite agree that the more unreasonable a clause is, the greater the notice which must be given of it. Some clauses which I have seen would need to be printed in red ink on the face of the document with a red hand pointing to it before the notice could be held to be sufficient.