• Tweets

• OK, you made a bad mistake by outing yourself as the driver. But that's not fatal.  It's a case of one argument unfortunately down, but lots of other arguments still standing.  Chiefly that this is a scam site with an invisible line separating two car parks in order to entrap motorists. 1.  As LFI says, send a SAR to MET so you can get your hands on their original invoice.  Invest in a 2nd class stamp and get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office. 2.  About six months ago, when the tsunami of cases at this site started, lots of Caggers contacted the CEO of Starbucks  https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-82463&c=Starbucks UK-General Manager  Starbucks then contacted EuroGarages which seems to be another company in their group, and which runs the Stansted branch, and which got the invoice withdrawn.  However, after one, two, 10, 20 of these cases Starbucks seemed to get fed up.  However, it's only an e-mail, and surely worth a shot.  Lay it on thick about being a regular Starbucks customer but on this occasion you found the branch closed, and it is completely unfair to be charged £100 for briefly stopping in a car park while trying to use Starbucks. The main point here though is that MET are very, very wary of starting court cases for this site.  If they don't do court there's no reason to pay them.
    • Thanks jk2054, you were indeed correct. I've received the court order requesting documents and the witness statement etc. which I will read through and begin to compile shortly.
    • Find out what these WhatsApp scams are and what to do if you receive a message from a scammerView the full article
    • You need to send Met an SAR and they will send you the original PCN .. However all their PCNs appear to be the same and as the car parks are on airport land the keeper is not liable for the debt. Only the driver is responsible. But there are other considerations which can be enough for you to win. Poorly lit signage; scam site, it's a penalty; as well as problems with the contract. So you have a lot of things going for you as well as Met are not keen to take well defended cases to Court.  
    • The brand, which runs 216 shops as well as franchised stores, is looking at ways to save cash.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Chrisy Morris; YouTube Bailiff 'Baiter' to face 2 day trial for obstructing an enforcement agent.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks BA

it was not showing the warrant, it was more that the warrant was gained by deceit, by stating it was for a trespasser/squatter,

I could be wrong but the obstruction charge against Chrisy M was in relation to Miss Patel's cottage. If so, she has has a lot of court hearings and the supposed 'irregularity' has been rejected.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No this county court case was to do with Chrisy Morris when he was arrested

he must have appealed or something as i thought his case was in November last year,

Now been found not guilty and the judge ripped into the prosecution because of the incorrect paper work.

and apparently not showing the warrant on request

No Leakie, it wasn't a Civil court hearing Chrisy Morris was at last week.

It was his Criminal court Appeal which had been postponed from last November - obstruction of a High Court Enforcement Officer at Patel Cottage, Glossop on June 2016 (oh how slowly the wheels of justice turn).

It's all on Quatloos. Read it.

And no, form N293A wasn't used and correctly so.

It was Writ 66 and 88. Everything was tickety boo.

The only fly in the ointment being the CPS who couldn't be arsed to produce the original writs to HH Judge Lawton.

Didn't think it necessary to look for them.

Thought photocopies would suffice.

ut Judge Lawton who had travelled all the way up to Manchester from Woolwich or somewhere that hot day ready for a 2-day trial lost patience after 40 minutes and called the whole thing off.

oral of the story more funding for the overworked understaffed CPS please, Teresa May.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

There's a lot of confusion out there about this case.

This article from June 2017 will fill in the background

https://tamesidereporter.com/2017/06...rt-judgement1/

Shortly after this Chancery Division Judge's decision in June 2017 Rekha Patel was evicted a second time in July 2017 (she'd broken back into the house shortly after her 2016 eviction and squatted there for a year).

She was convicted at Stockport Magistrates in Nov 2017 for Obstructing a Court Enforcement Officer, and later received a 2-year Civil Restraint Order to stop her from repeatedly taking the neighbour to court for merit-less reasons.

Consequently, legal costs must have rocketed to well over £100k so there is likely to be no change out of the sale of her cottage.

All this is documented on Quatloos.

Added to those costs are the 24/7 dog patrol costs.

She and her FMoTL friends have attempted to break back in to the cottage half a dozen times since summer 2017 so security are guarding the cottage until the house is sold. T

he thread started in this forum by BA was closed due to 'UncleBulgaria67' and 'Bernadette' sticking up for Rekha Patel.

They must be the only 2 people left in Britain who fail to see the misery she has inflicted on a whole community with her anti-social behaviour.

And it wasn't over a 'few stones' as reported in the Rekha-fed Press - she actually undermined the foundations of the neighbours' grade 2 listed property.

Edited by dx100uk
typo/spacing

I very much doubt I have the power to close a thread due to sticking up for anyone. This is a consumer site and it is up to the site team to decide on whether a thread is helpful to consumers or not.

I just have a pet hate of people seeming to take pleasure out of others people misery or mistakes. Often behind the stories is someone that has an issue where someone should have stepped in to stop them. To make a mistake and make their situation worse by their behaviours is awful to everyone involved. I do feel sorry for the neigbours, as their lifes must have been made hell.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Yup Unclebulgaria67, their lives have been made hell for over 7 years due to Rekha Patel, who incidentally has now changed her surname. She emailed all the teachers of her school about it even though she hasn't been teaching there for nearly 18 months. On extended sick leave with "stress". Why change her name though? Maybe it's because she went running to the Press and didn't come out too well. Stays on Google forever including this.... https://www.gov.uk/guidance/extended-civil-restraint-orders-in-force

Rekha had a very nice Grade 2 cottage in a good location without a mortgage. She, just like Tom Crawford before her, managed to get the attention of FMoTL and Sovereign Citizen idiots and she now has nothing. When will these people learn.

What she and her followers have been seeking is the proverbial 'loophole' to prove that there has been a 'fraud' or 'conspiracy'. There is none and she has lost her house and bought misery on the neighbours for years. Her change of surname speaks volumes.

That link shows the eCRO currently expires 30th November 2019.

So, it expires.

As for “stays on Google forever” : it MIGHT if it were an indefinite order.

As it isn’t, it’ll be subject to the “right to be forgotten”.

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/legal-removal-request?complaint_type=rtbf&hl=en&rd=1

https://amp.theguardian.com/technology/2018/apr/13/google-loses-right-to-be-forgotten-case

So, not forever.

When I said "forever" I was talking about the many articles and news reports from the Press - not the link I posted about her extended CRO which expires in Nov 2019. This story is classed as public interest - therefore is Googlable forever. (Unless Rekha wants to ask the Sun, the Daily Mail, the Manchester Evening News, the Mirror, the Tameside Reporter, some Indian newspaper some Brazilian newspaper etc etc to take down their story. Somehow I think not)

You appear to not understand how google’s “Right to be forgotten” works.

The webpages on “the Sun, the Daily Mail, the Manchester Evening News, the Mirror, the Tameside Reporter, some Indian newspaper some Brazilian newspaper etc etc ” may still exist. The data subject just asks google to remove them from the search results.

The individual doesn’t have to approach each newspaper.

You appear to not understand how google’s “Right to be forgotten” works.

The webpages on “the Sun, the Daily Mail, the Manchester Evening News, the Mirror, the Tameside Reporter, some Indian newspaper some Brazilian newspaper etc etc ” may still exist. The data subject just asks google to remove them from the search results.

The individual doesn’t have to approach each newspaper.

Bingo... Making it harder to be found :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

This story is classed as public interest -

Which is why this thread has received close to 15,000 views. If the thread helps just one homeowner in financial difficulties or facing repossession escape the clutches of these daft FMoTL types it will have been worth it.

“Some of the public being interested” is not the same as “in the public interest”

How do we know how Google will respond? (Bearing in mind we can’t know when / if the request to be forgotten is going to be made!)

How do we know how Google will respond, BazzaS? By reading very carefully the Guardian link you posted earlier especially the bit about PUBLIC INTEREST. BA has already pointed out the high level of public interest on this thread alone. Also bear in mind that this story has gone far and wide beyond the reaches of the EU member states to which this 2014 'Google Spain' law only applies. Australia is another country and here is India's take on it... https://www.ndtv.com/indians-abroad/why-uks-rekha-patel-sold-her-home-for-2-pounds-1654487

The case in general is of public interest.

That doesn’t mean every aspect will be of public interest.

Google’s response will thus depend on what request to be forgotten is made, and when.

We got a bit side-tracked here as to why Rekha Patel would change her name. Another possibility for the name-change is that now she is a fully fledged Free Man On The Land or SovCit (Sovereign Citizen), she has bought into that whole 'legal name fraud' nonsense. This is another level of weirdness and if you have the stomach for it read this... https://loweringthebar.net/2016/06/is-it-illegal-to-use-a-legal-name.html

I wasn’t referring to her name change, given the eCRO you referred to(& were talking about “forever”), that I commented on the link you provided and noted wasn’t indefinite, that is in the name of Rekha Patel!

The public interest aspect of her case is independent of whatever name she is currently using, and referring to it as the Rekha Patel case is more relevant than whatever moniker she is currently using, making her name change less than relevant!

We got a bit side-tracked here as to why Rekha Patel would change her name.

So, firstly the name change is a ‘side-track’ to you;

Can we keep this relevant to Rekha Patel's name change.

but then it becomes relevant all of a sudden?

Why do YOU think she has changed her name, BazzaS?

Don’t know, don’t care.

It is irrelevant to the issue of the “Rekha Patel” case what she is now known as, and the public interest aspect of her case : namely that it is possible to lose hundreds of thousands of pounds and your home by foolishly following FMOTL twaddle. That is what really matters, not what name she is currently known by.

About 13 posts ago (before this thread got de-railed) BA said: "Her change of surname speaks volumes". In your experience of the bailiff arena, BA, what does this mean? I have offered two reasons why I thought she might have changed it (1. to make her less 'Googlable' and 2. because she's bought into the' Legal Name Fraud' FMoTL nonsense) but there may be other reasons that you have come across in your line of work?

I have offered two reasons why I thought she might have changed it (1. to make her less 'Googlable' and 2. because she's bought into the' Legal Name Fraud' FMoTL nonsense) but there may be other reasons that you have come across in your line of work?

1. Still irrelevant. What matters is the details of the case under the name Rekha Patel, and the "following FMOTL can lead you to lose your house". That isn't affected by any name change, and since she is under an eCRO, she won't be issuing new legal proceedings relating to the house and / or her neighbours in the foreseeable future...... regardless of any new name.

2. She's already bought into the FMOTL delusion, with disastrous consequences.

Changing her name isn't likely to run well with the 'Legal Name Fraud' argument, as the whole (deluded) point of that argument is to try and differentiate the 'person' from their 'legal name'. If anything, changing one legal name to another makes it more likely to link to the person, not less........... their argument is that the legal name is foisted upon them by the birth certificate before they are able to consent to it ..... later changing their legal name as a competent adult removes the "it was foisted upon me" argument!

I offer you as an alternative:

3. A change of name because the whole thing has been a disaster, she's finally realised she's been badly advised, and wants to just move on .......

court reports cant be removed under the right to be forgotten legislation so she is stuck with being a laughing stock for many years to come. there will still be ways of searching for this after then and the papers dont have to purge their files, it is just how google joins the dots in their algorithms