JSA first interview - is there a minimum number of job titles I have to list?

jc01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2570 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all :-)

I'm going for my first signing on JSA after many years. I remember previously I had 3 different types of job titles that I was looking for - eg, care assistant, sales assistant etc. I'm wondering if that's still sufficient or is there a minimum number I need to list? I just want to know what I should expect really - bit nervous.

I've been told to bring in my CV (haven't signed up for UJ) for my first interview - should I have it redacted? I'm very privacy conscious and I've read how very little I can trust the DWP with anything.

Thank you - appreciate any guidance

Hello,

You sound like a single person. I am surprised you have not been put onto Universal Credit. Though perhaps that'll be mentioned at interview.

I had 3 options too but the work coach may ask you general questions about the line of work you are interested in. More titles may be suggested as a result.

You'll be asked to sign a claimant commitment which is basically what you agree to do in return of receiving your benefit.

The CV you show your work coach will be the same CV that you show to your potential employers. I cannot see why it would be practical to redact it.

When you sign up to Universal Jobmatch there is an option to upload your CV. I am suspecting that your work coach would want you to engage with Universal Jobmatch as much as possible because the DWP can monitor your job search activity through there quite easily.