Orchid47

Store Card Debts

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 835 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Please can you tell me the best way to deal with Store Card Debts?

I have two which I have defaulted on.

John Lewis and M&S.

These cards were both originally taken out pre 1997.

I cant find any of my paperwork pre this date.

I have been paying a minimum amount each month of a £1 for the last 5 years and they are both pressing me at the moment to send them an Income and Expenditure form which personally I feel is none of their business.

What should I do?

I presume if I stop paying them anything they will send straight to their solicitors?

Amounts outstanding are around £5K on each

I do not have an income at the moment

Thank you

First thing to do? CCA them. keep paying as you are. If they cant provide a compliant response, then you stop paying. However, they are perfectly entitled to mark your credit file, so be aware.

AS for repayments, you could tell them that your financial circumstances have not changed, £1 is the most you can pay, and possibly give them a very very simple budget summary.

If they fail to provide the CCA in 12+ 2 days, then you stop paying and they cannot chase you through solicitors or court until they provide one. They can still contact you and ask you to repay though.

So CCA them first, and IF they respond properly, provide a copy of a benefits letter or similar and tell them £1 is all theyre going to get.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks Renegadeimp, if I enclose a copy of my tax Credit form to them they will see my partners imcome which is just pension, so is this the best thing to send them?

Is there a legal obligation to send them my income and expenditure?

Why do you want to send them any information? Don't send them any information until you have received the CCA. Then come back here.

who have you been paying these £!'s too all these years?

and was there ever a period of 6yrs when you paid or heard nowt about each card?

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Why do you want to send them any information? Don't send them any information until you have received the CCA. Then come back here.

This. as i said at the start. CCA first. Do not do ANYTHING else until you either get a reply or the 12+2 expires. Whichever comes first.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

who have you been paying these £!'s too all these years?

and was there ever a period of 6yrs when you paid or heard nowt about each card?

John Lewis and M&S, and no I have kept paying this for the last 6+ years! Stupid I know that now

This. as i said at the start. CCA first. Do not do ANYTHING else until you either get a reply or the 12+2 expires. Whichever comes first.

Ok, will do this with CCA

ok so they are still with the original creditors.

not owned by DCA's

surprised they've never been sold on actually

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here