Repeat prescriptions

Sparks_
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yet again my GP surgery has got my prescription wrong, only been with them for 4 months and all 3 repeat prescriptions have had either things missing off them or been sent electronically to the local pharmacy even though I have stated I need to pick it up so it can be sent to my ostomy goods provider! I even gave them the stamped addressed envelope to send the prescription and they lost that as well!

This month they left off one item (my stoma pouches) their excuse was it wasnt on my repeat prescription list...I have only had this item every month for the past 6 years! Other times they have given me only 6 of one item when it should have been 30...6 boxes of 5 units!

What can I do to try and stop this happening yet again?

Go and speak to the practice manager. There's a strong likelihood that they're yet to receive your medical records so are still trying to get things settled in. This can be challenging especially with Stoma supplies as the companies are experts at taking the pee in more ways than you can imagine. This should be an easy one to sort out but may take a bit of fiddling to get it right.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

They have my notes...have seen them :)n This time to stop any problems I took the invoice/delivery note I get from my ostomy supplier so they could just copy it! they still got it wrong!

sorry to say it will be a struggle to sort because the NHS computer system is so complicated it is unlikely the people doing the prescriptions can properly set the correct setting on the drop box they have to use. They will then have to get their roving IT bod to sort it for them and that person probably is off site..