BankFodder BankFodder

EvieBee

Gymtec/Harlands cancelled due to disability but now getting chased for fees

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1127 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello

I am looking for some advice but couldn't work out how to create a new post?

I joined a gymtec gym in May 2013 on a 12 month contract but became unwell late 2013, early 2014 I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia I wrote to my gym cancelling my membership due to developing a disability and being unable to use the gym due to severe muscle pain, limited mobility and fatigue. I included a copy of my consultants letter confirming diagnosis and also informed the gym I was struggling financially due to divorce proceedings and now supporting myself and my step daughter on only my income.

I heard nothing but cancelled my direct debit the following month in April 2014.

I the recieved a letter in Jan from CRS on behalf of Harlands to say I owed £186 for unpaid membership fees and associated charges. I wrote to the gym stating I wanted to deal with them and explain I cancelled and why I did and included a copy of my original letter and the consultants letter. I've heard nothing and had another CRS letter threatening CCJ.

I've emailed the gym again and stated clearly I had a material change in circumstances that prevented me from using the gym.

What should I do next?

Have CRS ever obtained a successful CCJ for gym membership?

I can prove I am disabled and this condition developed and was diagnosed during the contract corresponding with my cancellation I can also prove I was struggling finacially at that point too due to the divorce.

I was hoping to get some advice from Slick as he seems to be the guru on all things Harlands/gym related 😀

The threat of legal action feels very intimidating but can they really do anything?

Thanks

Hello

I am looking for some advice on what to do next about an old gym membership I cancelled 3 years ago but am now getting chased for fees etc. :x

I joined a gymtec gymicon in May 2013 on a 12 month contract but became unwell late 2013, early 2014 I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia I wrote to my gymicon cancelling my membership due to developing a disability and being unable to use the gym due to severe muscle pain, limited mobility and fatigue. I included a copy of my consultants letter confirming diagnosis and also informed the gym I was struggling financially due to divorceicon proceedings and now supporting myself and my step daughter on only my income.

I heard nothing but cancelled my direct debiticon the following month in April 2014.

I the recieved a letter in Jan from CRS on behalf of Harlandsicon to say I owed £186 for unpaid membership fees and associated charges. I wrote to the gym stating I wanted to deal with them and explain I cancelled and why I did and included a copy of my original letter and the consultants letter. I've heard nothing and had another CRS letter threatening CCJ.

I've emailed the gym again and stated clearly I had a material change in circumstances that prevented me from using the gym.

What should I do next?

Have CRS ever obtained a successful CCJ for gym membership?

I can prove I am disabled and this condition developed and was diagnosed during the contract corresponding with my cancellation I can also prove I was struggling finacially at that point too due to the divorce.

I was hoping to get some advice from Slick as he seems to be the guru on all things Harlands/gym related 😀

The threat of legal action feels very intimidating but can they really do anything? :|

Thanks

No ccj's in years

If its that old safe to ignore

A DCA is not a bailiff

Seem s lots are getting these letters on very old debts

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, the whole DCA industry would collapse overnight.

Hi Evie and welcome to CAG

I think Harlands must be struggling financially !! They're dragging up really old accounts and harassing folk to pay even though the matter is years old.

Their threats are empty and we've seen no court cases recently from Harlands/CRS - ignore them completely for now.

Also, make no further contact with the gym - they will not be interested in your case.

Keep us posted though.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Dear oh dear......

Social media will be very very pleased to hear of how X4L are treating you, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, jump onto X4L's facebook and twitter accounts and let them know (aswell as their members) just how appallingly and litigiously they treat their own customers, I bet your local paper would like to run your story too? And don't forget BBC Watchdog, and trading standards, they're already looking into X4L's contracts and third party DCA.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!