ramouth v barklays

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5171 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello all,

just wanted to say thanks to everyone involved in the setting up and running of this site and to all those who post - though i have always felt that charging people in financial difficulties is incredibly unhelpful i would never have had the confidence to attempt to get the money back on my own.

Anyway, I sent my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter, got my cheque back with a nice letter, the got two nice big envelopes of statements to read. This bit was fun! not only did i enjoy totting up the charges (or savings fund as i am starting to think of it) but i was reminded of the places i've been and the things that i have done by the payments i was making - a good old trip down memory lane!

Next i sent my preliminary letter asking for the £690 charges back. They sent me a standard 'sorry your not happy, we'll get back to you in a month or so' letter and a leaflet. I stated in my letter to them (from the library) that we would work on my timescale of 14 days so i have ignored this.

So now 15 days have passed (i didn't have a stamp yesterday) so i have sent my letter before action. I didn't include any overdraft interest as for the first four years or so i had a student account and didn't pay interest on my overdraft and was unsure of how to calculate the interest for the last couple of years. In the last two weeks i have actually been charged another paid referal fee so the amount i have stated in the LBA is different from that in the preliminary letter - is this ok? hope so. anyway now i just wait and see. and start on the credit cards - egg SAR sent today!

thanks and good luck,

xxx ramouth

p.s sorry this is a bit long

adding new charges into the total should be fine up until the point you make your county court claim, after which the total at the time of the claim is final..

good luck, keep at it..

:cool: Barclays claim for £1,460

10/06/06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent.

21/06/06 - Statements received.

05/10/06 - Prelim letter sent.

19/10/06 - LBA sent.

02/11/06 - Offer received for £700.

12/11/06 - Rejection letter sent.

23/11/06 - MCOL submitted (£1,890.27 with 8% interest).

24/11/06 - Charges schedule sent to bank & court.

28/12/06 - Barclays file defence/AQ received from court.

14/01/07 - AQ & charges schedule sent to court.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my letter from barclays offering just under half what i have asked for. have sent them the 'response to settlement offer' letter in the template library in the handy pre paid envelope they provided. MCOL on thursday so will spend the next few days making sure i know what to write where etc.

On another note, does anyone know how i can change the title of my thread so that barclays is spelt correctly?

thanks

x ramouth

Hi everyone,

new to this. more or less at same stage as ramouth. claimed £1105 from Barclays on 22.11.06, got letter yesterday from them offering £560. not going to accept. you're right ramouth, the prepaid envelope is handy! will keep you posted

THIS SITE IS BRILLIANT!

hi all,

I have submitted my claim with MCOL. it now says 'issued 01/12/06' and sent a copy of my schedule of charges including 8% interest to both the bank and the court. What is the next stage? do i just wait for something to come from the court? am i right in thinking Barclays have 14 days from the claim being served? is the claim served 5 days after issue? i am sure i have read the answer to these questions in other threads but want to be sure and not miss anything!

many thanks

x ramouth

• 4 weeks later...

Happy new year everybody!

think i can apply for judgement by default tommorow if barclays don't enter their defence (i issued the claim on the 1st Dec). Could anyone tell me if i need to wait untill the end of the day or whether i can do it as soon as i get to work?

i am getting really really excited!

x ramouth x

suprise surprise barclays defended. so now i fill in the AQ. shame - i was hoping everyone at barclays would be hung over from new year and forget about me.

• 4 weeks later...

filled in my AQ and returned it a few weeks ago - no contact from the court or bank - getting a bit bored with it to be honest :( . anyone know how long it takes for the court to come back with a court date?

bored bored bored

x ramouth

thanks msa. i have decided to go after a couple of credit card companies as well to keep things interesting and will just wait for a letter from the court. Have my fingers and toes crossed for you today!

Got my court date through yesterday - 25th April at Brighton County Court. The letter included a list of directions which apply to the claim and i am a little unsure of what they actually mean. Could anyone explain? they are:

6) Disclosure of documents shall be delt with as follows:

a) Both parties shall give to each other standard disclosure by list, the lists to be served by 4pm fourteen days before the hearing

b) Any request for a copy, or inspection, of any document shall be complied with by 4pm twenty-one days before the hearing.

7) The original documents must be bought to the hearing.

8) The judge may refuse to consider a document or take it into account if a copy of it has not been sent to all parties as required by this order

9) The documents to be sent to the parties and the court must include the statements of all witnesses (including the parties themselves).

then a load of stuff about witnesses and experts.

can anyone give me a better idea of what this means? i have tried searching the forum and even looked for patricia pearl's book in the local library but have not had much luck so far so any help would be greatly appreciated! xxx a

It means your bundles. You need to compile them and send them to the bank. Do it ASAP.

Don't panic, it's fairly standard.

Good Luck.

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

thanks welshman, i wonder why they don't just say "please send any documents that you will be relying on in court to the defendant and to the court?" it would be much easier to understand and small claims is supposed to be accessible. Anyway i will start work on the bundel straight away and read up on small claims procedure at the same time. Again, thanks for your reply, x ra

• 1 month later...

Less than 2 weeks till court date! anything i should be doing? Should i contact barclays? Or just re read my court bundel and practice my reasoning? x r

Give Krysta Campbell a ring on 020 711 6475, tell her your court date and claim number.

good luck

[I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][B][U][COLOR=red][COLOR=blue]Barclays bank[/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]- £1260.00[/COLOR][/U][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][COLOR=blue][B]Settled for £1774.20 - [COLOR=#ff00ff]7th June 2007[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][B][U][COLOR=red]MBNA - £1994.46 - [/COLOR][COLOR=red]inc contractual int[/COLOR][/U][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][B]Settled for £2024.00 - [COLOR=magenta]16th April 2007[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I] [I][U][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=indigo][B]First Direct - £1147.00[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/U][/I] [I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][B][COLOR=#4b0082][COLOR=indigo]Settled for £1147.00 -[/COLOR] [COLOR=#ff00ff]1st May [/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=magenta]2007[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=green][B][U]Capital One - £802.83 - inc contractual int[/U][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=#008000]Prelim sent - [COLOR=#ff00ff]28th March 2007[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]LBA sent - [COLOR=magenta]19th April 2007[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]

• 2 weeks later...

hi all,

sent krysta an email last week but have heard nothing back. i know i need to ring them now as court date is wednesday but i am not very confident talking on the phone and get easily flustered. I would now like to add £50 to my total of £872.38 because they have left it so long that i have had to take a day of my anual leave. Is this reasonable? i am very nervous. Any hints on what to say would be much appreciated.

x r

Phone Krysta using the number below, and just ask if she could tell who who to speak to concerning your claim, she is such a nice person, they all are, they dont try and belittle you at all, very professional.

you can add on the £50 for loss of earnings, quote CPR 27.14, this holds a max claim of £50 [i know ajoke].

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

i have just spoken to a very stressed paul at barclays. He said that they he is very busy sorting out claims that are going to court tommorow and hadn't got as far as my claim yet. I explained that I was not going to be telling the court that the case was settled untill i saw the money in my account and that if he left it untill tommorow it might not clear in time. He then said that he would go and find my file and fax me a something to sign so that they can transfer the money so i guess i'm nearly there. I am now trying not to go and look at the fax machine every 2 minuets! thanks for your help dar3n - i hate telephones!

x r

just about to sign a letter agreeing to a fulll settlement plus £50 costs. The letter also has a confidentiality clause (which I agreed to sign in exchange for the £50 costs) so i guess this will be my last post on the matter. thanks to everyone on the foram, x r

original claim £710

8% interest £81.60

court cost £80

costs £50

total £921.60! yay!