dwp compliance review want 7 years bank statements help

stevenpc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2313 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i attended a compliance interview 22 february they said hmrc informatiom about 2 interest payments

leads them to believe that i could have had over 10000 in 3 accounts that they say where active at the same time when i banked with lloyds

i have never had more than one current account and one savings account active at any time i banked with then from 2004 to 2015.They have said i have to provide bank statements from 2010 to

present of every bank account i have held and if i dont i will lose my pension savings credit.

I do transfer accounts to get the perks the banks offer for swiching so this involves 5 bank accounts.Quote from the interviewer ( you have to prove to dwp that at no time i have had more than 10000 it is not for them to prove that ive had more than 10000 )

I have comfirmation from lloyds that the 3 accounts wher 1 current account with a linked savings account after the intro offer finished for savings account that was closed and i would have put funds in my current account 3 months after that closed i opend another savings account that was closed after 3 months.

LLoyds insist that it is not possible with there system to provide me with the statements.so i see no point in even trying and possible having to pay for statements for any other accounts that i have had i gave at the interview the latest statements from the 2 accounts i now have.

My question is can they do what they say if i dont supply what they are asking for( and they decide i have had over payments without proof ) and say i have to repay money and i appeal against there decision what would happen could they deduct money from my state pension i do not have any other pension i receive lo rate dla and have less than 2 thousand in my bank accounts and have ccs to pay off loans with them i already contribute to my rent and council tax to make the diference up from HB aand Council tax benefit im at my witts end

i did tell them at the interview that since 2010 i have had letters from dwp saying they will phone and to have bank details etc for them they asked when i answerd i dont know look on your computer you should have all details of dates etc and have details about the small lump sum payment i received

from a pension when i contacted dwp and informed them and again gave bank details etc

people say dont worry i cant stop worrying im not sleeping properly not eating properly i just want to give up

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

I think the way to approach this is to send Lloyds a subject access request for copies of all Bank statement since 2010 and to send DWP a copy of the request. Most Bank archive records after a few years, so the only way to get hold of all records is a subject access request. At least DWP know you are trying and you can explain that it is taking time for Lloyds to supply information.

With other Banks, see how you get on and if necessary send them subject access requests, again copying in DWP, so they know you are trying.

DWP just want to be satisfied that you have complied with rules for benefit you are receiving and they will appeciate it can take time to obtain statements from Banks,

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

thanks for the reply

can i also do this to get info from dwp so i can get details of phone calls to and from them.

Would you have any idea how the dwp calculate possible savings from interest received ie the interest rates i was getting varied depending on how much was in the accounts the amounts varied all the time up/down in the current account interest added monthly.

One savings account linked was a max monthly deposit interest paid after 12 months then reverted to next to nothing rate so cash was moved to current account.

no idea about the other savings account that was closed after 3 months then i would have moved that to current account and used most of my savings to replace my 14 year old car.

What i do know i never ever had 10000 in total as i was saving to replace a 14 year old car with something to last untill my 70s i will probable stop driving then .

so would be nice to know what rate of interest

the dwp use to guess how much cash you have or may have had .

.This could drag on for months why dont they just apply to the banks themselves.

Edited by stevenpc

Subject Access Requests to DWP are free of charge and there is a letter for this purpose somewhere on CAG or on the ICO website.

All of the Banks can tell you how much interest was paid if relevant on the accounts you have held. At the end of a financial year or when closing the accounts, there is usually a statement sheet showing any interest gained over the relevant period.

Not sure what interest rate DWP use, but it is calculated on only the amount over the threshold figure they use. I will have a look and reply back if i find it.

DWP can't apply to Banks directly without a court order and why do it, when you can.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

DWP assumed income from capital over £10,000, is £1 per week for each £500 over and above the £10,000.

So below £10,000, there would no deduction from PC paid.

lloyds have said they will send me a letter with the details but doubt that would be enough i get £4.79 a week pension credit savings element

i have no idea how much i would lose in HB or Council tax if they take that off me i already have to pay the shortfall on both .i feel like they are accusing me of doing something i havent done

Yes i can if i can get everything together prove ive never had 10000 at any one time an when its done and over i wont save again

ill just start going out eating properly and start smoking again and every time i have enough start taking holidays.

Als when i submit everything i can get together ill put a note in with it sayimg how much i spend a week on toilet rolls.

Their system seems to be outdated if they can't distinguish between closed and active accounts. i have read alot of forums about this too it's ridiculous but many people report it's to do with the ppi they claimed.did they say what specific year you were paid interest. i have savings and i once reached capital and had £2 a week deducted and had to prove i spent my money of food.

I have the interest received for the 3 accounts and the closing dates each time the funds from the savings accounts would have been paid into the current account

so thinking about it i actualy got interest on the money that was paid in 2 the current account for the savings accounts twice

twice if you can follow me

i never thought about that untill now so that accounts for why the interst received for the current account was so high

both savings accounts was closed 1 in july 2014 = 12 months saver thats one that had the interest amount they mentioned the other savings account closed in november 2014

they everything from them went into the current account that was closed december 2015

thats wher the other interest amount mentioned was from.

they never mentioned what year

i think the interest rate on the current account was something like 4 or 5% on up to 5000 nothing above that they did ask if i had claimed ppi which i havent thats when i mentioned that i also received a tax refund

Edited by stevenpc

not sure im with you kayleigh the lloyd account was variable interest as amount in the account went up and down so did the interest rate i spent most of my savings on a car

as i need one for shopping and as im getting on a bit wanted one that would last any car ive had in the past has always been 12 or 14 years old when ive changed cars

You just have to go through the motions and get hold of the bank info to send to DWP. If there is going to be a delay due to needing an SAR, then advise DWP.

Let DWP calculate if there is a deduction to be made on receipt if the info. If your total savings never exceeded £10k, then no deduction. If over £10k, they will work out the £1 deductions for each £500 over the £10k. If you bought a car out of savings which kept it below £10k, then send DWP details of this.

Yes a pain in the *ss and nosey, but then DWP have to try to secure the system from abuses and totally innocent play by the rules people get caught up in the red tape..

just a thought

: could it be that because the Club Lloyds account

- assuming that you have this

- at the time paid 4% on total balances starting at 4000 up to 5000 that this paid more interest than could be expected ?

obviously this was quite a bit more than the usual building society rate or ISA savings rate

(they've stopped it now reduced it to 2% max).

So it may be worth pointing this out / providing evidence of this at least.

thats the one daveydavey and i had the 12 months saver with it and when the saver with it finished that cash went into the current account thats why i would like to kno what rate of interest dwp use when calculating

i paid the max into the savings one for the full 12 months i have the details of that and the other savings account open for 3 months about .got .43 interest on that i cant remember the interest rate on the 12 months saver but the interest received was one of the ones they quoted the club one ballance did fluctuate but the interest i got from that account was the other payment they mentioned .

the only time it would have stayed at max interest would have been from july to december 1st as thats when i bought the car

I did tell them that i bought a car out of my savings and because

i didnt have a great deal left and the interest i would have got from the club account i transfered the account to tsb.

Edited by stevenpc

what happens when they receive all these statements will they copy them and return the ones i send to them as there will be far to many for me to have photocopied.

Edited by stevenpc

scan them they don't return anything.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

a letter ive sent today via job centre to dwp also got a receipt and included a letter from the bank

Please find enclosed a letter from Lloyds bank confirming that the documents you require have been ordered.

As they may not be received in time to meet the deadline you have set I ask that you extend the deadline in order for me to receive all the documents and forward them to you.

I also request that you advice me as to what interest rates DWP use to make your calculations.

the letter from lloyds states it could take up to 10 days to be received.

LLoyds also told me when i phoned that it will be in 3 packages.Think ill get a box to put it all in.

Edited by stevenpc

Subject Access Requests to DWP are free of charge and there is a letter for this purpose somewhere on CAG or on the ICO website.

All of the Banks can tell you how much interest was paid if relevant on the accounts you have held. At the end of a financial year or when closing the accounts, there is usually a statement sheet showing any interest gained over the relevant period.

Not sure what interest rate DWP use, but it is calculated on only the amount over the threshold figure they use. I will have a look and reply back if i find it.

DWP can't apply to Banks directly without a court order and why do it, when you can.

Benefit claimants have spoken about being called in for interview and presented with their own bank statements by a benefits officer.

If DWP suspect fraud then they can investigate a person. It seems like have not suspected the OP of fraud else they could and would have used their own powers to access his bank details!

The DWP cannot routinely access details of claimants. If they could then we would have a Big Brother state. However, if they form reasonable grounds of suspicion against a claimant, then yes they can.

I would advise the OP though if he continues to struggle with presenting them with the information he needs then he should invite them to investigate his bank details themselves.

If they refuse to do so and keep forcing him to do the legwork, then he can approach his local MP and see if they will help with the matter.

Alternatively, he can file a complaint with the DWP - and if he exhausts their complaints procedure without any joy, then he should approach the Parliamentary Ombudsman. P.S. The Ombudsman will only usually get involved if the complaints procedure has been fully exhausted first though.

As for the records that are flagging in the first place, it is because banks are legally obliged to tell HMRC about any interest payments they pay to their account holders.

Over the years, each time the banks paid the claimant interest they have sent this figure across to HMRC. HMRC can share this info with DWP and then compliance, on occasion, contact the claimant to ask questions.

Compliance will only be able to see the interest that was paid on these various accounts but not the actual bank balances. I suspect the comms between DWP and HMRC will improve with time but I have heard of this scenario a few times now.

Unless it's a fraud case the DWP cannot access bank accounts, hence why the customer has been asked to obtain them.

They cannot just approach the bank because the customer has not provided, it has to be by an authorised intelligence officer, compliance officers cannot and do not have the powers to obtain bank statements. The only way they get them if the case was downgraded from fraud for whatever reason following an investigation.

I understand that only fraud cases allow the DWP to access bank accounts.

Though I am figuratively suggesting that he calls their bluff - invites them to investigate him for fraud.

He says he has nothing to hide so I am upset, for him, that they are harassing him to provide bank statements that he cannot easily access.

At least if they were making the attempts that he is making - from their side - they would soon realise how pointless their investigation is.

What annoys me about these things is that the civil servants often spend MORE money chasing these queries than the actual funds that are in dispute!

Meanwhile the bankers, off shore companies......

I still stand by my earlier comment that he should start pursuing the complaints procedure or approach his local MP.

i did see my MP on friday

i quote him ( what they are doing is legal however morally wrong )

he is also writing to ask for an extension.

Im not sure on making a complaint at this stage as i have nothing in writting from them i have been told that it was verbal and stands.

Im thinking about perhaps doing the following when i get a reply regarding extra time.

Writing back and asking for an undertaking that all documents ( statements ) will be returned to me and maybe give them a deadline to return them.

Also stating that they do not have my concent to use any of my documents for training purposes ( i have read they sometimes do this )

Im not sure how i stand if i was to write the above letter.

I would very much like to tell them to do one

but if i do that they will stop my pension credit

and the estimate as to what i would have to pay towards my rent and council tax estimate given by age concern would mean double of what i pay now.

That would mean i wouldnt be able to pay my cc off before my 0% interest free period runs out.

Its hard to express how this is affecting me

i know in the end it will be proved ive never in my life had over 10000

ive scraped and saved

not had a drink for over 5 years

because of medication

but last couple of nights ive been thinking it