Home Insurance Personal Liability cover- Ifell in a garden centre/ damaged parked car

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2593 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can you post the photo's on here.

I explained what PDR was in a previous post. In my experience, after an explanation an ACRONYM is OK.

Anyway, I seem to be the only one who thinks this is a good idea. It still is, other party happy their cars not been painted, or door replaced many benefits.

Never mind.

H

To be honest, i am not sure someone who had just had a nasty fall which resulted in being taken away by ambulance and who is having family issues with 92 year old mother in a care home, is going to want to get involved in some dent removal system in Ireland !

And if they have Insurance which covers liability, they can't become involved in discussing liability for the damage. If you have an Insurance contract you delegate responsibility to the Insurers. If you start discussing repair options and paying the third party, then you undermine your Insurers and they are likely to then refuse dealing with the claim. If the dent removal option does not work or the third party is not happy, no doubt they would come back expecting payment for a more expensive repair option.

Given that this is now being dealt with by Travel Insurers, it is up to them how they deal with it. Because the claim is under Travel cover, it should not affect future premiums, so is much better than if had been on Home Insurance. Also the OP might have an ongoing claim for medical costs in Ireland anyway. Although UK citizens receive some free treatment in Ireland, we don't know whether there were any costs for some things. So it is probably a good thing involving the Insurers and giving them the details.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Apologies, Hammy, I don't know what PDR means after your explanation. Looking on google, it seems to have a lot of meanings. Is there any chance you could enlighten us please? We aren't all in the motor trade.

HB

HTH (hope this helps!)

paintless dent removal

H

Thread moved to the appropriate forum...please continue to post here to your thread.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

the occupiers of the property probably have something to answr for as well so make sure that your insurer is fully aware of the circumstance and the condition of the car park etc. you may need pictures of the location and also of your injury should it become a 3 way battle

I'm not surprised the first thing the BMW owner thought about was his wallet. As always the quoted £1500 isnt the actual cost but the special insurance rate so will include the unicorn food bill, extra fairy dust and the like. I had a mirror on my landy bust by someone parking next to it. The official replacement cost was £250 but I bought a replacement on ebay for £12 and fitted it myself. The other driver was quite happy to pay that bill so investigate a little yourself

Yes i use an Ipad and many things that were easy on Windows, require a different technique. The photo is probably not in a format that your Ipad recognises or you need to transfrer to a different library, before you can share it.

Don't worry about it. Just make sure your Insurers deal with everything. Don't be surprised if the third party experiences delays from your Insurers and phones you to chase up. Just say that you will pass it on to the Insurers, as they must deal with it,

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 2 weeks later...
Axa travel insurance received my Liability claim form on 28 February. Despite many phone calls, the claim is still with the underwriters and will be at least 5 days from today. They told me on 3 March it would be 5 days! Car owner pressing for repair.

Just tell the car owner that it is with Axa Insurance and that it is up to them to deal with it. Tell the car owner that if they are not willing to wait for Axa, that they should enquire with their own Car Insurers, who can contact Axa to seek a recovery for cost of repairs.

Please do not accept harrassment from the car owner, you have advised them to deal with the insurers and they should not be contacting you any more - that's what you pay insurance for!

If they keep contacting you refer them FINALLY to the insurer and say no further correspondence will be responded to and MAY be passed to your insurer.

Then anything the car owner sends simply foward on to your insurer and that's it.

Does the car owner have your telephone number and if so, is he calling or texting you?

Hi Phyllis,

Pass you own insurance info onto the 3rd party.

After that, they should NOT contact you at all and, if they do, tell your insurers to ensure this stops immediately.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)