Go Skippy send £35 debt to DCA

Geddy1961
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2618 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello.

Im not sure if im posting this in the right section:

My wife was 3/4 way through her 12 month car insurance policy (second year with company).

We wanted to add me to her insurance

when she phoned she was told by the lady that as I am diabetic she wasnt sure if I could be added.

She was told we would have to ring again next week to find out if I could be added.

We thought this was absurd as I have already been driving for over a year no claims etc.

We also needed me to be able to drive by the next week

took out insurance with another company who insured us both no problems.

Go skippy contacted my wife several times for the remaining £35 of the policy, which with one thing and another has not been paid yet.

Today she recieved a letter from "ICB - insurance collections bureau ltd" saying

"our client has appointed us to recover the amount of £148.20 to prevent further action being taken"

My wife has said she will phone go skippy and offer to pay the £35 to them.

i told her never to pay a DCA

but shes worried etc

any advice please ?

Thanks.

Suggest a formal written complaint to Go Skippy. It is not acceptable to have to phone again a week later. Medical conditions are not normally asked by Insurers, as normally any driver has to just satisfy DVLA that they are medically fit to drive. So i would complain about their level of customers services and explain why you decided to Insure elsewhere. Hopefully they will just write off any remaining premium and you will not be chased further.

Go Skippy are a very small company and they use Gibraltar underwriters for their policies. They offer pretty poor customer services, where they can't service mid term changes like yours. If you search online forums, you will find other people have had similar problems.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks unclebulgaria67

I will get her to write this letter to Go Skippy.

She also lost 9 months no claims bonus from having to change from them to another insurer.

So was already losing out from their customer service.

And the letters from ICB ? just ignore ?

Thanks again

Ignore ICB. It is always up to the Insurers to resolve.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I've been a diagnosed diabetic since 2007.

Since then, I've owned two cars, plus a van, and they are all insured for my business, (window cleaning).

I also have one of my motorcycles insured, and I'm a driver for a lady who owns a car on the Motability scheme.

In all of this time, I've never had a problem with insurance, if I did, I would move my business elsewhere.

I have to add that I am rather strict with my diabetic regime, and my GP, who is twenty years younger than I, reckons I'm a lot healthier than he is!

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!